Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 12:32 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times

Advertisements

Contrary to popular liberal belief, we were planning to stay there “forever” and it was solely dementia Joe who trumped it and didn’t listen to his own military commanders.

The facts are simple, this disaster is the result of Biden and Biden a lone.
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The top U.S. military officer called the 20-year war in Afghanistan a “strategic failure” and acknowledged to Congress on Tuesday that he had favored keeping several thousand troops in the country to prevent a collapse of the U.S.-supported Kabul government and a rapid takeover by the Taliban.

Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee pointed to the testimony by Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as evidence that President Joe Biden had been untruthful when, in a television interview last month, he suggested the military had not urged him to keep troops in Afghanistan.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...117ae4a70840e6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 05:05 AM

30,433 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Contrary to popular liberal belief, we were planning to stay there “forever” and it was solely dementia Joe who trumped it and didn’t listen to his own military commanders.

The facts are simple, this disaster is the result of Biden and Biden a lone.

He sure failed. Glad we are out as that country can go up in flames james for all i care. But we will be back and you can take it to the bank hank.

Old 09-29-2021, 05:17 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Has there ever been a desk jockey general that wanted to end one of our wars? It`s not their legs being blown off by people who don`t want us there. Job security.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:32 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Those years weren’t a “waste” just ask all the thousands Afghans and Americans who were living there in relative peace for the past 20 years.

Troops in Germany and Japan are actually a waste because there is virtually no threat of either country going back to their WW2 days.

A las, our massive defense bill warrants our massive worldwide troop presence, to include current combat zones. So I guess you’ll just have to get used to it.
The "defense" bill needs to be cut by 50% for a start. And you need to read Eisenhower' farewell address.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:55 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Please show me some evidence that Trump had a plan for withdrawal from Afghanistan. I'll even settle for any plan that Trump ever had for anything during his four years in office.
He built many miles of new and rebuilt border walls, even ole; joe f'd that up....

Next....

Old 09-29-2021, 07:16 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
And he totally disrespected those who died there serving our country. My cousin is one of them.
I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I apologize, cuz I was checking my watch in the middle of that. I have an important meeting to attend in a few hours.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
How many more years would you have liked wasted? 20, 200 ?
We would have pulled out in May, 2021, under a Trump presidency. You know, when the country was safe enough, secure enough and still defended, to allow a safe withdrawal? Definitely not in August, after Biden destroyed our defenses, surrendered the single largest air base, and surrendered the country to the Taliban.

Retreat in the face of a hostile enemy, when that enemy controls the entire country, well.... that's the very worst circumstance to attempt a withdrawal. As Biden clearly demonstrated.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:29 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Quote:
The facts are simple, this disaster is the result of Biden and Biden a lone. WASHINGTON (AP) — The top U.S. military officer called the 20-year war in Afghanistan a “strategic failure” and acknowledged to Congress on Tuesday that he had favored keeping several thousand troops in the country to prevent a collapse of the U.S.-supported Kabul government and a rapid takeover by the Taliban.

Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee pointed to the testimony by Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as evidence that President Joe Biden had been untruthful when, in a television interview last month, he suggested the military had not urged him to keep troops in Afghanistan.
You misunderstand the military's role and relationship.

If the question from the civilian leadership is, "How do we prevent a collapse of the US supported Kabul government and a rapid takeover by the Taliban," then the correct military answer is, "Retain a force of several thousand troops in the country.

But if that's not the question from civilian leadership, then that's not the answer.

It was clear when Trump invited the Taliban to the table that the question from civilian leadership was no longer "How do we prevent a collapse of the US supported Kabul government and a rapid takeover by the Taliban?"

Old 09-29-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
(I think most of us agree we should withdraw from Afghanistan, but Biden did it in the worst possible way- exactly opposite of Trump's plan.

My God, Biden, et. al. has left Americans and Afghans who risked their life to ensure our troops were safe over there. What a piece of crap!
Agreed.

Really, could Biden have handled the last eight months any worse, if he had tried? No.

Biden purposely engineered and the worst possible withdrawal, due to his ignorant, destructive and reckless policies. Biden essentially disarmed the Afghan military and surrendered the country to the Taliban - then he started his withdrawal. Pleading with our enemy to be nice, and could they pretty, pretty please, allow Americans citizen and permanent residents to pretty please leave Afghanistan unmolested, pleeeeeease.

And then in the end, our enemy told us to leave. and Biden pleaded "But we still have hundreds of US citizens and green card holder in the country!" But the Taliban's patience had worn too thin, and they ordered Biden to leave Americans behind, so he did.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Please show me some evidence that Trump had a plan for withdrawal from Afghanistan. I'll even settle for any plan that Trump ever had for anything during his four years in office.
Trump had the Taliban sign the Doha agreement, which outlined the withdrawal process. And it certainly did not involve disarming the country and giving it away to the Taliban, before he started to withdraw people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies