Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 08:33 PM

8,409 posts, read 6,509,647 times

Advertisements

He looked like he was going to fall asleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 08:34 PM

8,668 posts, read 10,209,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
No, they are not the same. You can have many types of terrorists.

But, on the second point, yes, operation Cyclone comes to mind...
Technically, yes they are different terrorist groups. However, they are all radical jihadist groups that have focused on ridding the world from the threat, as they perceive it, that Western culture poses to Islam. Their focus has also morphed into one of power. They are all very much a threat to Western society. The lines have also become more blurred as of late. The Taliban are still a terrorist regime - the number two in their leadership is Siraj Haqqani whose terrorist organisation, the Haqqani Network, was declared an FTO by the US in 2012. Siraj Haqqani’s brother Anas and their uncle, have been leading the so-called “peace talks”. This means the US has been negotiating with terrorists in violation of US law. The new Taliban head of security for Kabul is Khalil Ur-Rahman Haqqani, wanted by the US as a terrorist and part of the al-Qaeda-led Haqqani Network.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:42 PM

8,668 posts, read 10,209,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Did we blame 9/11 on Bush to the point that he was the entire focus of our anger.
I'm not putting all the blame on Biden and his administration. Of course I blame terrorists as well, but Biden & Co. are simply trying to pass the buck to Trump when Joe himself said, "The buck stops with me." He says there will be plenty of time later to focus on blame, but then turns around and blames his predecessor. And yes, some did specifically focus their entire anger on Bush in regards to 9/11. Furthermore, Pakistan has been harboring terrorists and America's enemies since we've been in Afghanistan and four US Presidents since then have neglected to stop this.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:48 PM

27,308 posts, read 15,450,806 times
Quote:
Did we blame 9/11 on Bush to the point that he was the entire focus of our anger.
Come on Man, that was more than 5 or 6 day ago.
There's some plagerism that Biden must have gotten you used to by now.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:49 PM

1,777 posts, read 724,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I'm not putting all the blame on Biden and his administration. Of course I blame terrorists as well, but Biden & Co. are simply trying to pass the buck to Trump when Joe himself said, "The buck stops with me." He says there will be plenty of time later to focus on blame, but then turns around and blames his predecessor. And yes, some did specifically focus their entire anger on Bush in regards to 9/11. Furthermore, Pakistan has been harboring terrorists and America's enemies since we've been in Afghanistan and four US Presidents since then have neglected to stop this.
Your last point is something I have always been curious about. I really am curious what goes on behind the scenes that makes us back off of Pakistan. At one point Trump was extremely critical of Pakistan for a while but it seemed like he backed off a little, but he was atleast aware pakistan was one of the major issues we were having in Afghanistan. We give them billions in aid.... it is ridiculous.

Whenever the Taliban were getting beat down they would retreat into Pakistan and regroup. Trump threated to follow them there but never did. Maybe Reagan would have?

Looking back at it part of it was Trump was heavily involved in dealing with Pakistan to resolve Afghanistan conflict. Biden Never bothered to deal with Pakistan, which shows how inept this entire withdraw process was under his watch.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...akistan-reset/

Good article for those who wish to know more. Seriously read that and see how Trump was handling Afghanistan and compare it to biden who did not even talk to them, what a failure by this administration.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:55 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,927,901 times
Quote:
So ISIS killed 12 marines and over 30 civilians and your anger is directed at Biden.
Correction, Biden killed 13 military men today and he is just getting started, thousands will die over the coming years due to his insane policies. Your guy is something special, a special kind of moron..

Old 08-26-2021, 08:58 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,927,901 times
Quote:
Well explain to me why they wouldn’t be there and please stop comparing this to desert storm if you want to be taken seriously.

I have tremendous respect for the military at the airport, one of the worst situations for a soldier.
YOu wholeheartedly support Biden, so one must assume that you too hate America. We've seen your posts..

Old 08-26-2021, 09:00 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,699,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Can someone get a screen shot of him holding his head like that, fists curled and his head HUNG LOWWWWWWWWWW.....

Here you go:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Fox-News.html

Old 08-26-2021, 09:01 PM

25,600 posts, read 56,628,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Your last point is something I have always been curious about. I really am curious what goes on behind the scenes that makes us back off of Pakistan. At one point Trump was extremely critical of Pakistan for a while but it seemed like he backed off a little, but he was at least aware pakistan was one of the major issues we were having in Afghanistan. We give them billions in aid.... it is ridiculous.
Pakistan is a NUCLEAR POWER. That is the long and short of it.

From Lara Logan:
Quote:
Logan reported that President Biden once told then-Afghan President Hamid Karzai exactly what she just stated: that Pakistan strategically matters and Afghanistan does not.

"When we hear about the bureaucracy that is on Capitol Hill, which are the bureaucrats who survive from administration to administration, this has been their policy," she said of the idea they have been propping up Pakistan.

"They have pushed through the Bush administration, through Clinton, through Obama, through Trump, and now to Biden that because Pakistan is a nuclear nation, they are the only country in that region that actually matters. In fact, Joe Biden told Afghan's president -- when it was Hamid Karzai still in power-- exactly that."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lara-l...-can-change-it

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-26-2021 at 09:10 PM..

Old 08-26-2021, 09:07 PM

24,885 posts, read 9,636,749 times
Quote:
So ISIS killed 12 marines and over 30 civilians and your anger is directed at Biden.
It was 13 troops and 90 civilians, and yes Biden was stupid enough to close down Bagram air base and made everyone sitting ducks for the newly released ISIS prisoners, who are also shooting at planes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mb-attack.html

But in the soon-to-be words of idiot Biden, “That was 5 days ago man!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies