Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 06:28 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
False information no matter how many times you keep repeating it.
So all the hospitals are wrong that claim that close to 100% of the people ending up in hospitals are unvaccinated.

Quote:
Louisiana now leads the nation in new Covid cases as the Delta variant rips through a region with some of the lowest vaccination rates in the US. Last Friday, the Louisiana department of health announced a daily increase of 6,116 positive Covid cases, with 2,421 people now hospitalized with the virus, including 277 on ventilators. With just 37% of residents fully vaccinated, state data indicated that unvaccinated people accounted for 90% of hospitalizations in the state. One hundred and eighty one people died from the virus in Louisiana last week.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...surge-us-south

Old 08-16-2021, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The virus is causing the surge. Vaccinated people are catching it too and they are also spreading it.
Vaccinated people carry the disease they don't end up in the hospital.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
40% did in uk.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:47 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
Quote:
A vaccinated person can transmit covid to vaccinated or unvaccinated people who can possibly get long covid;

"One of the most baffling aspects of the coronavirus, long COVID is an array of debilitating symptoms that can persist for weeks or months after an infection ends. Typically, these include fatigue, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, and “brain fog,” but some people develop more severe issues across multiple organs, including the lungs, heart, and brain. The problem is that there is a lack of good data around long COVID and breakthrough infections."

Do you really feel safe among the vaccinated? I don't.

Last edited by wp169; 08-16-2021 at 07:03 AM..

Old 08-16-2021, 06:52 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,625 times
Quote:
Sigh.

For the upteenth time. A vaccinated person can pass on the virus. There are approximately 14 million immunocompromised people in the U.S. There are approximately 34 million that have diabetes. It is not recommended that either of those groups get the vaccine. There are over 100 million obese people. Many of these people have comorbidities. Any of those people can catch covid from a vaccinated person that is not following proper protocols (please don't tell me those don't exist). I swear, your comments are like a broken record with no thought whatsoever put into them.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:55 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
The Hospital i currently work at is not mandating vaccines you just have to get tested weekly. We are getting by with being short staffed they can not afford to lose anymore employees. I was looking at Hospitals jobs in NC and a lot of them are starting mandatory vaccines and they bounce you off the job application if your not vaccinated.

A lot of places is shooting themselves in the foot. They are going to have to have agency nurses fill in for more money or start offering crazy sign on bonuses and pay rates to attract people to the hospital.

I know a few nurses and nursing aides who gave up nursing to work in other fields.
I would too. Who knows what is going to happen after covid. Considering how contagious delta is, I think they might just as well call it airborne virus. I read an article saying at one chinese testing site, 35 people got covid. The site is outdoor,everyone worn a mask, everyone was 7 feet away from each other.

Think about it, even if these medical care providers are fully vaccinated, who knows what would happen to them if they were being exposed to super high viral loads every single day.

I say give the quitting nurses a big fat paycheck to thank them for the hard job they did. The nurses who choose to stay and are fully vaccinated, give them a bigger paycheck as a sign on bonus. Well, they give the soldiers a sign on bonus during war time, why not the nurses.

This said, I am sick and tired of the people who keep on saying most people with covid won't die as if it means something. Nobody ever said most people will die anyway. So what's the point keep on bringing it up.. the point is, if they needed to be hospitalized, they would need special facilities and full-time medical staff, they occupy icu for days if not weeks or month. This is a highly contagious virus and most hospitals certainly don't have the capacity to care for so many people at the same time.

Wait for a month or two, things will only get worse, even for fully vaccinated folks. Many older folks got their vaccine more than six months ago, I have no doubt their vaccine would lose effectiveness very soon. I see absolutely no end to this covid crap. Don't forget school is now opening.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Sigh.

For the upteenth time. A vaccinated person can pass on the virus. There are approximately 14 million immunocompromised people in the U.S. There are approximately 34 million that have diabetes. It is not recommended that either of those groups get the vaccine. There are over 100 million obese people. Many of these people have comorbidities. Any of those people can catch covid from a vaccinated person that is not following proper protocols (please don't tell me those don't exist). I swear, your comments are like a broken record with no thought whatsoever put into them.
Yes vaccinated can pass the disease to unvaccinated, this surge is completely due to the unvaccinated ending up in hospitals. If you have a statistic indicating that those ending up in hospitals are because they are compromised and can't take the vaccine I would love to see your data. So I guess only the states with low vaccination rates also have the highest surge, amazing coincidence don't you think.

Other than that I will count that as opinion.

All these states that were under vaccinated have suddenly seen a surge in vaccinations, glad that they are finally waking up.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
40% did in uk.
Deflection to the UK, how about the US.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:20 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Deflection to the UK, how about the US.
You really think the US is special somehow and will defy what has happened in UK and Israel.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:27 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Why the vax pushers don’t consider that 35% of the population (at least) has had Covid and recovered, is really weird. They want every living person in this country to get the shot, ignoring a huge population of immune people who could harm themselves with a vax and do not need a shot.

Why they keep harping on it is beyond reason. Even if their fantasy wish came true, 100% vaxxed, people who are vaccinated still spread the virus and are hosts for mutations.

For a disease with a survival rate almost the same as seasonal flu, this tyrannical overreaction is getting old and tired. People have their reasons for not wanting the vax. People have the right to control what is injected into their body.

Hospitals will not be overrun like the first time around. It’s almost as though the vax pushers want that to happen so they can show more dramatic outrage. And then there’s the “But the long haulers!! Covid destroys lives!!” Bunch of BS. It’s a new disease. “Long” hasn’t even happened yet. Probably a lot of hypochondriacs anyway.
Thanks for listening.
Hospitals are already being overrun in a lot of places with low vaccination rates. This is not a hypothetical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies