Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 05:25 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,170,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
One thing I am just throwing out for those who believe the REALLY dire predictions (such as the one doctor who, according to the summary at the end of the link, said that anyone who has taken the vaccine will be dead within three years) -- what do you think will be the reaction of most people if, God forbid, he is correct about possibly 70% of Americans dying?

Acceptance? Riots? Denial?
What if Joe Biden is a space alien?

Just throwing it out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 05:36 PM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
14 out of 1 million say the vaccines are bad. I will listen to the 14 and ignore the rest, since the 14 confirm my existing beliefs.
There’s actually been thousands of doctors and scientists try to speak out but they’re silenced and censored. And then the media one by one labels them as crazy nuts. Including the former vice president of Pfizer. You know that biggest pharmaceutical company in world history? Lol. One of the most well respected scientists in human history is now a quack because he warned people about the vaccine.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:43 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
There’s actually been thousands of doctors and scientists try to speak out but they’re silenced and censored. And then the media one by one labels them as crazy nuts. Including the former vice president of Pfizer. You know that biggest pharmaceutical company in world history? Lol. One of the most well respected scientists in human history is now a quack because he warned people about the vaccine.
What we have going on here is mass psychosis. It wouldn't matter if God himself came down and proclaimed that the vaccine is experimental and may well have some unforeseen negative effects. These folks would not believe it at this point. Doesn't matter how many doctors or scientists say otherwise. This vaxxophile behavior resembles religious belief far more than it does logical thought.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:58 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Which time machine did you use when you looked up that "data"?
You do know clinical trials were done before the vaccines were released right? One of my buddies was in one of them!

Quote:
Yep. And a sub one percent mortality rate. That's a risk I'm willing to take, since there are much higher risks hanging over my head every day all day long. Such as cancer, for instance. What do you think my chance of developing cancer and dying is (50's age group)? I'll bet you don't even know. In fact, I'll bet you don't know yours either. I guarantee you it's a whole hell of a lot higher risk than covid.
Mines 75% that I will die from it. Stage 4 cancer.
Yours? Your risk of dying from it are about 20%

Know what your odds are of dying from covid? NO ONE does. Is it 1% for every time you catch it? Its not like you get it once and never again. Could you get it once a year? Would the damage from the prior time impact your survival odds?

More importantly is that unlike cancer you can take a vaccination for this. I can't take one for cancer. Maybe that will change. But your analogy sucks.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You do know clinical trials were done before the vaccines were released right? One of my buddies was in one of them!
And for how long were they done? And how long are they usually done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Mines 75% that I will die from it. Stage 4 cancer.
Yours? Your risk of dying from it are about 20%

Know what your odds are of dying from covid? NO ONE does.
The survivability statistics for covid are readily available (although very few people bother even looking at them). The sample size at this point is far beyond sufficient to make an accurate prediction. I will let you look that info up if you are so inclined. But I guarantee you right now that the conditional mortality rate for covid is far, far less than 20%. And the full recovery rate is right around 98% plus.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:13 PM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's really amazing to read comments from people who just blindly believe The Authorities.

I'm not saying that you should automatically disbelieve them simply because of their position, but so many just accept whatever is said because of who's saying it, regardless of how illogical, hypocritical or just plain wrong it is.

Medical opinions are just that. Medicine is no more an exact science than climate is, so opinions matter and can be valid even if in conflict with other opinions seen as valid.

When did the left stop questioning authority? It used to be a slogan they used. Now, to do so is blasphemy. Very strange.
Heck yes, I will take the advice of someone who went through medical school and studied virology over some YouTube idjit blathering about "the dangers of vaccines." I am 53 years old and have been vaccinated many times.

In fact, a former friend of mine just posted the dumbest video I've ever seen. It was a woman who was "having a seizure" and in the middle of it, she has the ability to exclaim, "I had the vaccine! I had the vaccine! I had the vaccine!" Former friend submits this video as "proof" of the dangers of the vaccine. Former friend is also a keynote speaker alongside a quack chiropractor who touts all his supplemental products as "immune system boosters" to protect a body against covid-19. Absolute disinformation. And people believe this over actual medical professionals who say, "Get the vaccine. It's your best defense." It affects everyone and it's time to speak up and let them know that they're wrong.

Most people shaking their heads at vaccines wouldn't be able to pass an elementary science exam.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
I am 53 years old and have been vaccinated many times.
So have I. Probably more than you since at one time I travelled quite extensively for work.

You do understand that each vaccine is different, right? You do understand that some have been around for years and years, some have been around for a while, and one has never been around until this year, was rushed through development, was designated as experimental, is the first widely used "vaccine" that is designed to alter your genetics, and its developers insisted on 100% legal immunity in case of later problems, right?

You are free to ignore red flags if you wish. Just don't insist that I do the same.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:34 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,596,590 times
Quote:
Which time machine did you use when you looked up that "data"?

No time machines. Just Google/Scholar. Most have copies available on the FDA web site as well, you just have to dig a bit.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:37 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
alter your genetics
Where's my Gong Show gong?

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D-SqQV_T04>

The vaccines don't alter your jeans either!

Old 08-16-2021, 06:40 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
14 out of 1 million say the vaccines are bad. I will listen to the 14 and ignore the rest, since the 14 confirm my existing beliefs.
And then there are some people who will believe just one person, Fauci. And no matter how many times the man is caught flip-flopping, lying, misleading or talking out his ass, they still believe just this one man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies