Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 08:56 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i will be dead so......
I finally got double dead yesterday.

I woke up this morning - 'Jesus H. Christ! We're still here! '
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 09:02 AM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Much of my research is confirmed by what the doctors talked about in the 2 hour video or have you not listened to it yet?

It's sad when people are not open-minded to listen to what these doctors are talking about for fear that maybe, must maybe they made a mistake in getting vaxxed.

Their point is "to do no harm"... What if these vaccines are doing harm?

Okay, so if you are going to have surgery, do you trust your surgeon? Or do you insist upon staying awake during it so you can hold the scalpel and watch a YouTube video and just do it yourself? At some point, you have to realize that people who have devoted their lives to the study of virology and vaccines DO know more than laypeople. And at some point, you have to trust that they're not out to kill or harm you. It's not like the movies where the nerdy science kid grows up to become a doctor who just is in it for revenge. They want to end the pandemic, as well.

However, SOME doctors have more credibility than others. It's important to know how to discern the quacks from the actual doctors. If you preface something with, "I know people say these doctors are wackos, but..." then these doctors are probably not ones you want to trust with important health information.

I made the mistake of clicking on the link you provided. It's a misinformation site. If you Google it, it will come up on the Misinformation Directory. It's listed as an extremist site. Why anyone would choose to get important health information from a place that peddles incorrect information is beyond me. They are actively harming people.

PLEASE do yourself a favor and get your health advice from an actual doctor who knows what he or she is talking about.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:33 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
ok people. 150+ million Americans have taken this vaccine.
more than a billion worldwide? hundreds of millions across the First World where there is good tracking of symptoms like the EU and North America.

There are some issues. There have been some reported cases where the vaccine has caused problems and even reactions leading to death. Those numbers are miniscule in relation to the number of people who have either died of COVID or suffer irreversible, long term, life shortening harm.

There is no evidence that suggests the harm of the vaccine is even close to the benefit. period.

I am not a person who is demanding everyone get vaxed. I oppose mandates of any kind related to COVID. I think people can have reasonable hesitation. What I dont except is the irrational clinging to information that is just contrary to freaking reality.

Everyone of us knows hundreds of people who have been vaccinated. I live in a community that has about the highest vaccination rate in Texas. There have been no adverse reactions that have percolated up.

I have a good friend who is a cardiologist who works at UT Southwestern he has published 2 papers on the vaccine causing myocarditis. He says that at the end of the day, the risk of long term damage from disease is greater than the risk of myocarditis.

People need to just look around.
1. how many people do you know that have died of flu? Me? I know 1 person in all my years. He was mid 50s and got hte flu and just died.
2. How many people do you know that have died of COVID? Me? more than 20. and a good solid list of people dealing with long term effects.
3. HOw many people do you know who have had serious problems after having been vaccinated. I know people who have COVID right now that have been vaccinated. Several in fact. None are deathly sick. I know several who have been hospitalized with coivd who did not have the vaccination. '

That is all just antidotal But my experience matches the statistics.

Again, not a mandate kind of guy. Im vaccinated. anyone demanding proof is going to be told to read the freaking Constitution. Thats my only proof. If i cant fly then so be it. I wont be forced to comply with nonsense. But that doesnt mean i am going to believe 14 people who are saying things that are just wildly false because i dont like liberals making demands. (And I really dont like liberals making demands)

Old 08-17-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I finally got double dead yesterday.

I woke up this morning - 'Jesus H. Christ! We're still here! '
LOL. Today is my second shot. i will join you on the other side.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:13 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times
Quote:
LOL. Today is my second shot. i will join you on the other side.
Welcome to the dark side.

Since the anti-vaxxer doc says 70% chance we're dead in three years, we should go shopping for grave plots one of these days.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:31 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
Quote:
ok people. 150+ million Americans have taken this vaccine.
more than a billion worldwide? hundreds of millions across the First World where there is good tracking of symptoms like the EU and North America.

There are some issues. There have been some reported cases where the vaccine has caused problems and even reactions leading to death. Those numbers are miniscule in relation to the number of people who have either died of COVID or suffer irreversible, long term, life shortening harm.

There is no evidence that suggests the harm of the vaccine is even close to the benefit. period.

I am not a person who is demanding everyone get vaxed. I oppose mandates of any kind related to COVID. I think people can have reasonable hesitation. What I dont except is the irrational clinging to information that is just contrary to freaking reality.

Everyone of us knows hundreds of people who have been vaccinated. I live in a community that has about the highest vaccination rate in Texas. There have been no adverse reactions that have percolated up.

I have a good friend who is a cardiologist who works at UT Southwestern he has published 2 papers on the vaccine causing myocarditis. He says that at the end of the day, the risk of long term damage from disease is greater than the risk of myocarditis.

People need to just look around.
1. how many people do you know that have died of flu? Me? I know 1 person in all my years. He was mid 50s and got hte flu and just died.
2. How many people do you know that have died of COVID? Me? more than 20. and a good solid list of people dealing with long term effects.
3. HOw many people do you know who have had serious problems after having been vaccinated. I know people who have COVID right now that have been vaccinated. Several in fact. None are deathly sick. I know several who have been hospitalized with coivd who did not have the vaccination. '

That is all just antidotal But my experience matches the statistics.

Again, not a mandate kind of guy. Im vaccinated. anyone demanding proof is going to be told to read the freaking Constitution. Thats my only proof. If i cant fly then so be it. I wont be forced to comply with nonsense. But that doesnt mean i am going to believe 14 people who are saying things that are just wildly false because i dont like liberals making demands. (And I really dont like liberals making demands)
Everyone has different personal experiences...

1. How many people do you know that have died of flu? None

2. How many people do you know that have died of COVID? I know at least 25 people that have had Covid, 10 were at high risk (Age, blood clotting issues, heavy smokers, cancer patients, immune deficiency disorders), none of them died or felt anything more than a hangover for a couple of days. None required a hospital stay except for my 97 year old Aunt.

3. HOw many people do you know who have had serious problems after having been vaccinated? I know of 1. Willingly got the vaccine and has had issues breathing ever since.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:43 AM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times
Quote:
Federal mandate I'd agree.

State mandate I'd disagree. The argument there is the 14th Amendment so you'd really have to get into the weeds about what a mandate was. E.g., if the government said we're going to round up all the unvaccinated and put them in concentration camps and seize all their belongings to pay for them, that would violate the 14th. If the mandate says you need to get vaccinated to do certain activities we consider high-risk (large indoor concerts, movie theaters, indoor dining at restaurants) that's more debatable. But I'm just more of a strict constitutionalist so I'm not real big on things like incorporation theory. States generally do have the power to regulate public health, safety, and morality and in all cases those do abridge on individual freedoms. E.g., seat belt laws, motorcycle helmet laws, DUI and alcohol laws. There is the states' rights to all powers not reserved to the federal government that are not explicitly denied them in the Constitution conflicting with the individual's right to drink themselves silly and drive without a seat belt and pick up a prostitute and then do some cocaine before going down to city hall and shooting their shotgun in the air for five hours because, damnit, it's a free country. The states' rights prevail and DUI laws, seat belt laws, and discharging your firearm in the middle of town laws are constitutional.

Individual businesses, absolutely not. Businesses can set their own policies. If they want a vaccine mandate for their business, they can have a vaccine mandate.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Federal mandate I'd agree.

State mandate I'd disagree. The argument there is the 14th Amendment so you'd really have to get into the weeds about what a mandate was. E.g., if the government said we're going to round up all the unvaccinated and put them in concentration camps and seize all their belongings to pay for them, that would violate the 14th. If the mandate says you need to get vaccinated to do certain activities we consider high-risk (large indoor concerts, movie theaters, indoor dining at restaurants) that's more debatable. But I'm just more of a strict constitutionalist so I'm not real big on things like incorporation theory. States generally do have the power to regulate public health, safety, and morality and in all cases those do abridge on individual freedoms. E.g., seat belt laws, motorcycle helmet laws, DUI and alcohol laws. There is the states' rights to all powers not reserved to the federal government that are not explicitly denied them in the Constitution conflicting with the individual's right to drink themselves silly and drive without a seat belt and pick up a prostitute and then do some cocaine before going down to city hall and shooting their shotgun in the air for five hours because, damnit, it's a free country. The states' rights prevail and DUI laws, seat belt laws, and discharging your firearm in the middle of town laws are constitutional.

Individual businesses, absolutely not. Businesses can set their own policies. If they want a vaccine mandate for their business, they can have a vaccine mandate.
id say you and I are pretty close.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:18 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
designed to alter your genetics
And now we know who's not been doing his homework.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:21 AM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And now we know who's not been doing his homework.
Or now we know who has been visiting a house of ill repute!

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies