Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 06:40 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
No time machines. Just Google/Scholar. Most have copies available on the FDA web site as well, you just have to dig a bit.
There cannot be long term statistics since the vaccine has not been around long term. That is why I made the time machine remark. It impossible to have statistics before they exist UNLESS you have traveled to the future.

Now I'm not saying you have not traveled to the future because I know technology is developing rapidly and we peons are not privy to secret high-tech stuff. But you'll forgive me if I at least question you having travelled to the future to retrieve those long term statistics. Should you wish to convince me that you have, perhaps we could discuss it over a martini or something. Stirred, not shaken. And on the wet side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 06:44 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Imagine how hard you'd have to look for those 14, too. What a waste of energy.

Your doctor needs to go back to medical school. I'd be looking for a new doctor, myself.
Hmm, are you one of those people who thinks everyone is 80 years old with multiple comorbidity? Young healthy people have less to fear from COVID than the common flu, especially children. for them, getting the virus is a better option than getting the vaccine.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Where's my Gong Show gong?

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D-SqQV_T04>

The vaccines don't alter your jeans either!
You have obviously not read about this vaccine at all. Or even heard anything on the news about it. Start by looking up mRNA and thinking about the explanation as to how such a "vaccine" works.

And NO, I'm not talking about you growing an arm out of the back of your head. That's not the genetic alteration I was referring to. But then, you already knew that before you were framing my post as such, didn't you?

Old 08-16-2021, 06:48 PM

2,905 posts, read 995,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So have I. Probably more than you since at one time I travelled quite extensively for work.

You do understand that each vaccine is different, right? You do understand that some have been around for years and years, some have been around for a while, and one has never been around until this year, was rushed through development, was designated as experimental, is the first widely used "vaccine" that is designed to alter your genetics, and its developers insisted on 100% legal immunity in case of later problems, right?

You are free to ignore red flags if you wish. Just don't insist that I do the same.
It does not "alter your genetics." Seriously, where do you guys get this stuff? For the vaccines to "alter a person's genes," the mRNA instructions would have to enter the cell's nucleus. The nucleus is walled off from the rest of the cell by its own membrane. To get past that membrane, the mRNA would have to have an enzyme called a nuclear access signal,which it does not have. Even if it could get into the nucleus, the single strand of mRNA would have to be translated back into a double stranded DNA.

This vaccine has been given to millions of people. The technology has been years in the making. Almost two decades, in fact. They didn't just pull it out of a hat in 2020. It went through all the necessary and usual trial procedures.

Also, I've traveled to many countries and have been vaccinated for things I'd never heard of before. Lived in several other countries, in fact. Those countries would be grateful and thrilled to have the vaccine availability that we have here in the US.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
It does not "alter your genetics." Seriously, where do you guys get this stuff? For the vaccines to "alter a person's genes," the mRNA instructions would have to enter the cell's nucleus. The nucleus is walled off from the rest of the cell by its own membrane. To get past that membrane, the mRNA would have to have an enzyme called a nuclear access signal,which it does not have. Even if it could get into the nucleus, the single strand of mRNA would have to be translated back into a double stranded DNA.

This vaccine has been given to millions of people. The technology has been years in the making. Almost two decades, in fact. They didn't just pull it out of a hat in 2020. It went through all the necessary and usual trial procedures.

Also, I've traveled to many countries and have been vaccinated for things I'd never heard of before. Lived in several other countries, in fact. Those countries would be grateful and thrilled to have the vaccine availability that we have here in the US.
My God you folks are obtuse. Would it work for you if I put the word "process" in there? Would it be all better? You guys know damn well what I'm talking about.

Tell me something, if this is such accepted technology/chemistry and has been around forever (in your implication), why is this vaccine considered and declared "experimental"? And why is it that EVERY developer has petitioned the government specifically to relieve them of any and all legal responsibility should things go south with this vaccine?

Is it because they stand behind their product? Tell me if you would buy a new car where there was a big red label on the windshield stating that the manufacturer accepts no responsibility if anything goes wrong with the car once you get behind the steering wheel? So if the motor fell out on the ground as you were driving out of the dealership, the dealer would give you the middle finger and laugh.

You decide who you want to trust. I'll decide who I want to trust. I have nothing to lose (with 99.84% probability). YOU do, because you volunteered for a medical experiment and there are NO long term statistics to examine. And you can call it anything you like, but the fact remains that the vaccine is experimental right now. If you are lucky, there will be no hiccups. Which is fine by me. Just leave me out of it and we are both cool.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:20 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
You have obviously not read about this vaccine at all. Or even heard anything on the news about it. Start by looking up mRNA and thinking about the explanation as to how such a "vaccine" works.

And NO, I'm not talking about you growing an arm out of the back of your head. That's not the genetic alteration I was referring to. But then, you already knew that before you were framing my post as such, didn't you?
I'm a retired internist. Granted I haven't taken a genetics course since 1968, nor a virology course since 1972, but since it is my hobby, I have kept up just a wee bit on Covid 19. By now several hundred CME hours since the Pandemic and including much on the new technologies. The mRNA vaccines do NOTHING to your genes. If they did, I have to puke up my medical license right here and now on this thread!

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...mRNA-vaccines?

Old 08-16-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I'm a retired internist. Granted I haven't taken a genetics course since 1968, nor a virology course since 1972, but since it is my hobby, I have kept up just a wee bit on Covid 19. By now several hundred CME hours since the Pandemic and including much on the new technologies. The mRNA vaccines do NOTHING to your genes. If they did, I have to puke up my medical license right here and now on this thread!

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...mRNA-vaccines?
Again, you are being obtuse. You know exactly what I mean, especially if you've read up on this technology. Insert the word "process" in there before you have an aneurism. Alter genetic process, as in trick the cells to do something genetically that they would not normally do. Are we okay now?

My God, you guys know as well as I do what this stuff does and how it differs from a "normal" vaccine. Rather than acknowledging that, you want to play word games. If that were NOT the case, it would NOT be considered experimental, and the manufacturers would NOT have insisted on legal immunity before allowing anyone to be shot up with this stuff.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:41 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Again, you are being obtuse. You know exactly what I mean, especially if you've read up on this technology. Insert the word "process" in there before you have an aneurism. Alter genetic process, as in trick the cells to do something genetically that they would not normally do. Are we okay now?

My God, you guys know as well as I do what this stuff does and how it differs from a "normal" vaccine. Rather than acknowledging that, you want to play word games. If that were NOT the case, it would NOT be considered experimental, and the manufacturers would NOT have insisted on legal immunity before allowing anyone to be shot up with this stuff.
UTTER nonsense. UTTER nonsense.

its not word games, this doesnt do what you are claiming.

And we give folks legal immunity for the smallpox vaccine from before I was born.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:42 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's really amazing to read comments from people who just blindly believe The Authorities.

I'm not saying that you should automatically disbelieve them simply because of their position, but so many just accept whatever is said because of who's saying it, regardless of how illogical, hypocritical or just plain wrong it is.

Medical opinions are just that. Medicine is no more an exact science than climate is, so opinions matter and can be valid even if in conflict with other opinions seen as valid.

When did the left stop questioning authority? It used to be a slogan they used. Now, to do so is blasphemy. Very strange.
It depends on the authorities. If it's their side then they will worship the ground that they walk on.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
UTTER nonsense. UTTER nonsense.

its not word games, this doesnt do what you are claiming.

And we give folks legal immunity for the smallpox vaccine from before I was born.
I'm not going to argue with you about this because you obviously do not want to be honest about the mechanics of how this vaccine works and how it is different from "normal" vaccines.

So let's take a different approach confronting two factors that NOBODY on this thread has touched so far besides me:

1) If this vaccine is so accepted, so blasé, and so understood, why is it labeled experimental right now?

2) Why did every researcher, developer, and manufacturer insist in full legal immunity before releasing the vaccine? That is essentially a blank check. If everyone who took the vaccine fell over dead tomorrow, you wouldn't even get an oops from the developers. Because they have no legal responsibility to even offer an oops. No lawsuits. No discussion. All you would get is something along the lines of "Our experiment failed." That's Dr. Mengele territory.

How many lawsuits have you seen on TV about this or that medicine or product being found to be dangerous after having been approved by the FDA or CDC or whatever alphabet soup? Well, if things go south on this one, we don't even have that in this case. Just a bunch of dead lab rats.

Now, you can frame that any way you like. Bottom line for me is that I do not trust it. End of story for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies