Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 12:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
That was sarcasm
I JUST caught one more of your posts and realized that. My apologies!

Old 08-20-2021, 12:41 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
This is the FIRST and ONLY time that I've wished that Donald Trump was still the President so that HE could be blamed for what HE sat in motion.
Actually...Joe set this in motion in 2003 when he was the Senate Foreign Relations Chairman and VOTED on the invasion.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:43 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Clinton was getting a BJ and Barack was finishing a cigarette.
Or a joint.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:44 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
The choreography was flawless... but Joe's delivery still needs lots of work.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:45 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
This is the FIRST and ONLY time that I've wished that Donald Trump was still the President so that HE could be blamed for what HE sat in motion.
Donald Trump set the invasion of Afghanistan in motion? Darn, that's some pretty shady behind-the-scenes dealing there, seeing as how he wasn't the president when that happened. Come to think of it, he wasn't the president last week, either, when Biden flubbed the evacuation. So, other than not completing an evacuation during his term (which would be a fair thing to criticize him for), how exactly is he at fault for any of this?

Old 08-20-2021, 12:45 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What the H does that even mean?
Seems pretty clear to me.

We have not yet figured out how to control the crowd at the airport to allow people who should be let in without risking all the people who we aren't taking anywhere storming the gates and the planes.

I saw one American man say he had no problem getting to the airport, but he turned around and went home rather than risk pushing his way through the airport mob scene and putting his young son at risk of being hurt or trampled.

I guess we could start firing on Afghan civilians we aren't evacuating to get them out of the way, but the optics on that would be pretty bad.

Clearly, they are going to have to create a safe passageway starting some distance before the crowd at the airport. From what I've read, they are negotiating that with the Taliban now.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:49 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Other than World Citizen, where are all of our resident leftists? Eerily quiet on this thread.
I was waiting for hellopity or Elliot_CA to spin it.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:54 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
He was even worse today than the day before. Guess we need to depend on British & French forces to help our people get out. The Pentagon is preoccupied with social issues like white rage and trans bathrooms.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:55 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It would have been handled in a much better and professional way.

Taliban Joe did not realize you get out civilians BEFORE you withdraw the military. Trump would have.

Leaving is not the problem, most of us want that. It's how it was executed.
Trump would have handled it more professionally????

Sure he would have.

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-20-2021 at 02:09 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 12:59 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

Donald Trump set the invasion of Afghanistan in motion?
Darn, that's some pretty shady behind-the-scenes dealing there, seeing as how he wasn't the president when that happened. Come to think of it, he wasn't the president last week, either, when Biden flubbed the evacuation.
So, other than not completing an evacuation during his term (which would be a fair thing to criticize him for), how exactly is he at fault for any of this?
Darn, aren't you the slick debater?

ARTICLE: Trump calls Afghanistan withdrawal 'a wonderful and positive thing to do' and criticizes Biden's timeline

"Former President Donald Trump on Sunday praised withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan, while knocking his successor's timeline for doing so.

Though the former President offered his support of President Joe Biden's plans to bring home American troops, he urged his successor to draw an end to America's longest war well before the September 11 deadline that Biden set last week.

Trump said that while leaving Afghanistan is "a wonderful and positive thing to do," he had set a May 1 withdrawal deadline and added that "we should keep as close to that schedule as possible."

"I wish Joe Biden wouldn't use September 11 as the date to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, for two reasons. First, we can and should get out earlier. Nineteen years is enough, in fact, far too much and way too long," Trump said,...

....Afghan President Ashraf Ghani told CNN's Fareed Zakaria in an exclusive interview on "GPS" on Sunday that he supports Biden's decision to pull US troops out of the country, saying the move "radically changes" the context of the situation in the country, the region and the Islamic world. He added that his "entire energy" is now focused on working in that new context."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/polit...wal/index.html

Trump TAKES CREDIT for withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan
Jun 26, 2021

[@youtube]PAr3NpYVkpI[@/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAr3NpYVkpI

Why do you think we've staying in Afghanistan so long?

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-20-2021 at 01:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies