Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 02:34 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Keep in mind, there are many people other than the Commander in Chief who are involved in the planning and execution of military actions in our country ...
Very true. But ask Jimmy Carter how Desert One turned out, and who got blamed for it.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:35 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Very true. But ask Jimmy Carter how Desert One turned out, and who got blamed for it.
You're absolutely correct.

Let's all hope that this doesn't turn out like Desert One.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Seems pretty clear to me.

We have not yet figured out how to control the crowd at the airport to allow people who should be let in without risking all the people who we aren't taking anywhere storming the gates and the planes.

I saw one American man say he had no problem getting to the airport, but he turned around and went home rather than risk pushing his way through the airport mob scene and putting his young son at risk of being hurt or trampled.

I guess we could start firing on Afghan civilians we aren't evacuating to get them out of the way, but the optics on that would be pretty bad.

Clearly, they are going to have to create a safe passageway starting some distance before the crowd at the airport. From what I've read, they are negotiating that with the Taliban now.

I suggested that yesterday or two days ago. The Brits and French are having no problem getting their civilians out. And Italian soldiers are helping secure the airport.

I doubt it's a question of 'can't' it's a matter of 'won't'.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:39 PM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Did you ever see the movie Dave? Maybe they're looking for Biden's doppelganger right now. (The movie was quite funny, but it would be a serious disaster if it were actually happening in real life.)
I wouldn't mind have a David Kovic in charge right now!

(Btw, Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver were SO great in that -- and so were Frank Langella, Ving Rhames, and Laura Linney (in fact, the entire cast was excellent.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taDreDT3E6A

Old 08-20-2021, 02:44 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Biden "vows to bring home every American that wants to leave"...if they can get to the airport...that's surrounded by uncivilized savage Taliban.

Does Sleepy Joe think UBER will just whisk them past the Taliban roadblocks?

"that wants to leave" is insinuating that some want to stay...yeah..right. Joe's looking for a back door himself by making that comment...bad try Joe...none of them want their heads cut off, its safe to say.

If this doesn't end in massive loss of American lives, & hostage taking, I'll be shocked.

Joe Biden is unfit to serve, and should be impeached immediately.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:49 PM

539 posts, read 241,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Biden "vows to bring home every American that wants to leave"...if they can get to the airport...that's surrounded by uncivilized savage Taliban.

Does Sleepy Joe think UBER will just whisk them past the Taliban roadblocks?

"that wants to leave" is insinuating that some want to stay...yeah..right. Joe's looking for a back door himself by making that comment...bad try Joe...none of them want their heads cut off, its safe to say.

If this doesn't end in massive loss of American lives, & hostage taking, I'll be shocked.

Joe Biden is unfit to serve, and should be impeached immediately.

yes he should be immediately .

Old 08-20-2021, 02:53 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Anyone noticed how Orange he'd been lately?

He must have the same makeup guy as Trump.

Orange man bad.
Joe finally ordered a tanning booth for the basement.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:00 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So the whole admin is as incompetent as Biden?

Somehow that does not give me any reassurance at all.

Let us remember that Biden, despite being a fraudulent "president", is recognized by the military as "the commander in chief". They cannot go rogue and attempt to do what is correct without his permission. And................ that "commander in chief" is demented and not capable of making difficult decisions.
Biden was told what to do last month and he IGNORED THEIR ADVICE.

This is akin to monarchies in which a toddler king was "leading" the nation. In most instances, they had competent advisors.

However, keep in mind, that Obama AND Biden have REPLACED MOST OF THE LEADERS OF THE MILITARY WITH POLITICALLY CORRECT, INCOMPETENT LEADERS WHO ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH TRANNIES AND GAYS IN THE MILITARY AND CRT THAN MAINTAINING THE MILITARY AS A FIGHTING FORCE.

The top command of the military branches are led by bureaucrats who rose through political affiliation, not military competence. The US military has been neutered by Obama and has left the nation helpless.

THANK GOD THEY SAVED THE GAY FLAG TWO WEEKS AGO, YET FORGOT ABOUT 40,000 US CITIZENS! That's all that really matters.
President Biden answered that question today.

He said 'they received all kinds of intelligence and advice'.

I'm sure that's true.

Makes me think of "weapons of mass destruction"... remember that?

I find it interesting that you want to talk about monarchies and toddler kings in this discussion... really???

Before the election last year, your Toddler in Chief, Trump 'promised to have troops home for Christmas...'
even though his top advisors were in disagreement.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/open...ry?id=73655851

I guess it shows that a rogue president can do whatever they want to - regardless.

[@youtube]NUQfCBdWOh4[@/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQfCBdWOh4

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-20-2021 at 03:49 PM..

Old 08-20-2021, 03:01 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
In their next press conference, they'll be wearing full Shaira-Law-approved garb to satisfy a Taliban demand, in return for 100 American lives.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:29 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Reading this thread is hilarious

“Twitter says it’s canceled”

*Not canceled

“Won’t take any questions”

*Takes questions

“Reading answers from prearranged questions”

*Reporters ask clearly not prepped questions

There are legitimate criticisms of Biden, but when you guys do this stuff you look incredibly foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies