Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 12:52 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Biden has no stress, just ask your dog how stressed he is about the current world affairs. The intelligent level is comparable, but I would give the edge to your dog. Biden hasn't a clue who he is or where he is, how could he possible be stressed?
I disagree. You can see the effects of stress on him. It really is sad, in my opinion.

Old 08-21-2021, 04:13 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,047,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Oh, just freaking stop. There are damn few people who didn’t want the troops out of Afghanistan. Most Americans, no matter what “side” they are on, want out of there. The issue is NOT that we pulled out or even necessarily the date we did it on. The issue is that Biden completely, totally, and utterly screwed up the withdrawal and went on vacation while we wait to see how many Americans die because of his incompetence.

You’re taking Trump’s statements about the timeline and trying to pretend that means Trump approved of the methodology and should therefore take the blame for the entire fiasco. Spin is one thing, but you just nudged the Earth off balance with that one.

Just admit that the mainstream media hoodwinked you into believing that Biden was competent for the job of POTUS, take pity on the man, and accept that the best possible course at this point involves his resignation or an invocation of the 25th. It will hurt at first, but your brief discomfort is far better than torturing a dementia patient so that you can be “right.”

How anyone can believe Biden is capable of doing his job at this point is beyond me. He wasn’t capable before he had a stroke and started slipping, and he definitely isn’t capable at this point. Our longest standing ally just voted to hold him in contempt, and most of our NATO allies are feeling the same. If this is anyone’s idea of competent leadership, they need psychiatric care.
interesting what happens when you run a search on this subject and what the spin is...

if you search, the words "biden contempt nato" -- you get nothing but "conservative" and far right websites.

When I added, for instance, "cnn"... I got different information.

NATO leaders at summit back Biden's decision to pull troops out of Afghanistan
CNN, Mon June 14, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/14/polit...mit/index.html

True.

No one is happy about the current situation but it was not a "surprise" and no one was "thrown under the bus"

Like you said, the majority of American people and our Allies agreed that our troops should come out.

No one expected that the Taliban would move in so quickly -- except the President of Afghanistan who somehow
was able to save himself and flee the country.

The current administration was left with this daunting task due to an agreement made by the past president.
Trump made the "deal" and trusted Taliban leaders - against guidance.

ARTICLE: Top allies press Trump to keep some U.S. forces in Afghanistan
"The backroom scramble comes as President Donald Trump spoke with a top-ranking Taliban official by phone on Tuesday.

One of those risks: an incipient revolt by Republican hawks who are wary of the idea of pulling all U.S. forces out of the war-torn country over the next year, and have been registering their strong doubts about the deal in public statements and private text chains. These people, including both lawmakers and military veterans, are suspicious of the Taliban’s intentions, and don’t trust the militant group to ensure peace after U.S. forces leave....

....nervous about it because the Taliban have never been an honest negotiator when you come to the table with them and as far as I can tell they’ve always been allied with al Qaeda even though they’re showing here that they’re not in the agreement,” he said. “I’m going to support it but mainly because it has a window of time that we can put the breaks on it, but I’m not ringing the bells or blowing the trumpets on this thing because I do not trust these guys.”

One former Trump administration official acknowledged the widespread skepticism within Republican ranks, but noted that the timing of the pullout allows the president to tout it on the campaign trail as a promise kept.

“Then it’s a second-term problem,” this person said. “He can say the Taliban — they’re full of crap.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...anistan-119694

We all need to be hoping for the best outcome. It's not over till it's over.

WC out

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-21-2021 at 05:25 AM..

Old 08-21-2021, 04:18 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Time for them to blame Trump. Yet if the withdrawal went flawless, they never would’ve gave Trump the credit.

This is what happens when you reverse everything your predecessor did, except for the one huge thing you should’ve actually reversed.

This millionaire dotard wanted to be president at his old age, and now he gets to eat all the crap that comes along with making a poor decision.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:39 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Romans said the same at one time. We are swiftly heading toward at the very least a constitutional crisis, and most likely a truly serious recession. Also, we’ve never had an obviously mentally incompetent President before.
Do you know about President Wilson's stroke and how his wife, Edith, basically performed many of the duties of the POTUS for over a year in almost total secrecy?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...-wilson-stroke

EXCERPTS, my italics and bold:

"Late on the evening of Sept. 25, 1919, after speaking in Pueblo, Colorado, Edith discovered Woodrow in a profound state of illness; his facial muscles were twitching uncontrollably and he was experiencing severe nausea. Earlier in the day, he complained of a splitting headache. On Sept. 26, the president’s private secretary, Joseph Tumulty, announced that the rest of the speaking tour had been canceled because the president was suffering from “a nervous reaction in his digestive organs.”
[snip]

"Six weeks after the event, Dr. Grayson told a journalist that he had noted a “curious drag or looseness at the left side of [Wilson’s] mouth — a sign of danger that could no longer be obscured.”
[snip]

"What would surprise most Americans today is how the entire affair, including Wilson’s extended illness and long-term disability, was shrouded in secrecy. In recent years, the discovery of the presidential physicians’ clinical notes at the time of the illness confirm that the president’s stroke left him severely paralyzed on his left side and partially blind in his right eye, along with the emotional maelstroms that accompany any serious, life-threatening illness, but especially one that attacks the brain. Only a few weeks after his stroke, Wilson suffered a urinary tract infection that threatened to kill him. Fortunately, the president’s body was strong enough to fight that infection off but he also experienced another attack of influenza in January of 1920, which further damaged his health." [
snip]

"Protective of both her husband’s reputation and power, Edith shielded Woodrow from interlopers and embarked on a bedside government that essentially excluded Wilson’s staff, the Cabinet and the Congress."
[snip]

"Over the last century, historians have continued to dig into the proceedings of the Wilson administration and it has become clear that Edith Wilson acted as much more than a mere “steward.” She was, essentially, the nation’s chief executive until her husband’s second term concluded in March of 1921
."[snip] END EXCERPTS

Last edited by katharsis; 08-21-2021 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: e

Old 08-21-2021, 06:32 AM

34,062 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Biden has no stress, just ask your dog how stressed he is about the current world affairs. The intelligent level is comparable, but I would give the edge to your dog. Biden hasn't a clue who he is or where he is, how could he possible be stressed?
great analogy.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Do you know about President Wilson's stroke and how his wife, Edith, basically performed many of the duties of the POTUS for over a year in almost total secrecy?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...-wilson-stroke

EXCERPTS, my italics:

"Late on the evening of Sept. 25, 1919, after speaking in Pueblo, Colorado, Edith discovered Woodrow in a profound state of illness; his facial muscles were twitching uncontrollably and he was experiencing severe nausea. Earlier in the day, he complained of a splitting headache. On Sept. 26, the president’s private secretary, Joseph Tumulty, announced that the rest of the speaking tour had been canceled because the president was suffering from “a nervous reaction in his digestive organs.”
[snip]

[/b]."
[snip]
Both belonged in jail for this, and I did know. Then again, a gerbil would be a better POTUS than either.

Old 08-21-2021, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I disagree. You can see the effects of stress on him. It really is sad, in my opinion.
Then get your dog a toy to relieve his stress.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:55 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our nation has always been strong and never collapsed under any president. Stop being so melodramatic
We have never been under a regime that was intentionally trying to harm, destroy and collapse it before. At the current time, we are, and they are succeeding in doing that. It is truly awful to watch.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:06 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
So, he's taking pre-approved questions..... I guess it's better than nothing.....
A sign of a weak Leader.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:08 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
He pretty much did. He keeps looking down to see his talking points.
The interesting thing to witness is as this Administration tries to make excuses and explain the trouble away they undermine and indict themselves pulling the rug completely out from under other arguments they have made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies