Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 01:02 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Why do you folks ASSUME that anyone who is not vaccinated is infected with covid? Is it an IQ problem? Or just a brainwashing issue? I've never been vaccinated for flu either... and I have had it once in the past twenty years. And, surprise, I'm still alive and I didn't pass it on to anyone else.

Here is an IQ test for you: I haven't been vaccinated for shingles. I...

a) presently have shingles, am Satan on earth, and am well on the way to making humans extinct with my disease.

b) am at a higher risk for getting shingles.

c) have a 100% probability of getting shingles and killing half the population of my state.
You're missing the point. NYC businesses can get very crowded. Any one particular person may have a low probability of having the disease, but when you add it up for all the hundreds and thousands coming in every day, chances are it will happen. And it will happen more often if people are not vaccinated, and less often if they are required to be vaccinated.

If you roll the dice enough, you will get "Double Six" eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 01:05 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
You guys? Flip it around? I'm simply stating facts!

In August, 2021, the CDC reported “Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others…the Delta variant seems to produce the same high amount of virus in both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people…” LINK

JWK
So, a sober person can wreck and kill somoene, even though it's less likely than a drunk person doing so.

Do you call all sober people "vehicular murderers"? I see you're point, that if you twist the truth enough, you are factually correct, but you know darn well it's misleading. The question is 'what motivates you to say these things?'.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:06 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Perfectly fine with mandates, and the vaccinated still required to wear masks everywhere like the unvaxxed and follow all health protocols.
Yeah sure, you'll just go along with everything, even the lie that masks will protect you from the virus?

Old 08-23-2021, 01:08 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh my goodness. Inner racism because blacks and Latinos are among the unvaxxed. Too funny. Lots of stupid white people aren't getting vaccinated either. What pearl clutching will you resort to for them?

The unvaxxed are the problem, whether white, black or purple. YOU are the only one making this about race.
Yes, that's right. If at the end of the day, your policies result in black and brown people eating outside on the curb and not in the restaurant, then that is racism. I guess no longer INNER racism, but simply racism. It's probably time for the left to own it. They are no longer the anti-racist party. They are the party of worried white elites who do their jobs by Zoom and demand the world be made safe for them. They don't mind it when unvaccinated black and brown people deliver their packages, though, at least until Amazon comes up with drone delivery.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So, a sober person can wreck and kill somoene, even though it's less likely than a drunk person doing so.

Do you call all sober people "vehicular murderers"? I see you're point, that if you twist the truth enough, you are factually correct, but you know darn well it's misleading. The question is 'what motivates you to say these things?'.
Just wear a mask they say, then it won't matter if the other guy is drunk or not. You are protected.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:11 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
So why are mandating this leaky vaccine?
Mandating leaky vaccines is not a new thing either, for the record. The DTaP/Tdap vaccine mandated for school contains the "acellular pertussis" vaccine, which doesn't block infection or transmission, only blocks clinical disease.

The rationale is that having lots of people get sick would be a disruption to the school/business. This rationale wouldn't really apply to restaurants.

The rationale for restaurant customers is that vaccines, even leaky ones, are pretty much the only thing you have left, because we all know that people aren't going to be wearing masks in restaurants (you can't do it while eating).

Old 08-23-2021, 01:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yes, that's right. If at the end of the day, your policies result in black and brown people eating outside on the curb and not in the restaurant, then that is racism. I guess no longer INNER racism, but simply racism.
They'll be sitting right next to all the unvaxxed white people who will be on that very same curb. Why do you insist on playing the race card? Antivaxxers come in all colors, but you are determined to only focus on the people of color. And you accuse everyone else of being racist? Wow. Just wow.

The unvaxxed are the problem, no matter their ethnicity or race. Period. No one is making this about race except you.

6,389 posts, read 2,714,312 times
Quote:
It is de facto segregation. It is also NOT a choice for someone with a medical contraindication to get vaccinated. But I guess that doesn't matter to the communists. Don't listen to your doctor, but to the Party.
Why would you listen to your doctor that's just insanity. Any doctor that disagrees with any of this apparently isn't a good doctor and just listing to that "Junk Science". Don't be surprised if doctors and nurses who disagree don't just start to lose their jobs, but start to have their actual licenses threatened.

But it's still a choice

Quote:
I'm glad the inner racism of the left is finally coming out in the open. They've hidden it well for a long time. Same with their inner authoritarian.
It's is starting to come out, but there are some who have their head so far up the Liberal backside that it is going to still take quite a bit more for it to really be noticed.

Quote:
Yes, that's right. If at the end of the day, your policies result in black and brown people eating outside on the curb and not in the restaurant, then that is racism. I guess no longer INNER racism, but simply racism. It's probably time for the left to own it. They are no longer the anti-racist party. They are the party of worried white elites who do their jobs by Zoom and demand the world be made safe for them. They don't mind it when unvaccinated black and brown people deliver their packages, though, at least until Amazon comes up with drone delivery.
Let's expand this out. You have to show a crime passport to show if you have ever been arrested/convicted of a crime. If so, you cannot enter any of the same establishments either. This way we can keep out the criminals and the unvaccinated.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:15 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh my goodness. Inner racism because blacks and Latinos are among the unvaxxed. Too funny. Lots of stupid white people aren't getting vaccinated either. What pearl clutching will you resort to for them?

The unvaxxed are the problem, whether white, black or purple. YOU are the only one making this about race.
This is a fact-free statement.

1. If you've had Covid, you have lifetime immunity against that variant (getting the jab after is a waste of time).
2. Delta is different and you will get it whether you're jabbed or unjabbed (recovered or not).
3. CDC breakthrough count is dishonest and they are lying to you. Breakthrough cases were spiking in April so they decided to stop counting them unless it leads to hospitalization. If you believe stats out of the CDC knowing this, then you're willing ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies