Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Milley and Pelosi's actions are treason?
Yes- I'm a democrat 6 4.62%
No- I'm a democrat 5 3.85%
Yes- I am a republican or independent 95 73.08%
No- I am a republican or independent 24 18.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 09:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Exactly. Milley had no authority to do what he did.
So you all think this is factual.

Sounds like the Republican politicians are falling in on this too.

And it could be Milley was out of line but it speaks to the fact that Trump critics felt Trump was 'dangerous' as President.

It depends too.

Haven't read the book.
Don't know what Milley's response is.
Don't know exactly what happened.

I wasn't going to jump in until we had more info......

But it seems everyone is acting like this is factual stuff.

WOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Doesn't it bother you that a U.S. general was so deluded by Trump hatred and liberalism (he's the guy with the "white rage" remark) that he told an enemy of our county that he would not following the president's orders?

It's treason.
So you really think he made that call.

Can you imagine the person who put that man in that position?

WOW - we need leaders that know and properly vet the people they put in critical roles,

Old 09-14-2021, 10:02 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you all think this is factual.

Sounds like the Republican politicians are falling in on this too.

And it could be Milley was out of line but it speaks to the fact that Trump critics felt Trump was 'dangerous' as President.

It depends too.

Haven't read the book.
Don't know what Milley's response is.
Don't know exactly what happened.

I wasn't going to jump in until we had more info......

But it seems everyone is acting like this is factual stuff.

WOW.

If you watched the Russian collusion fraud & the endless set-ups between the press & the DNC to derail Trump you might jump too.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:05 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
'Milley made it up': Trump says top general invented story of contacting Chinese military leader

According to the New York Times, journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa allege in their upcoming book "Peril" that Milley made secret phone calls to China because he was afraid Trump might launch a nuclear strike.

Trump refuted these claims in a statement Monday night, saying he believed Milley made the story up and leaked it to Woodward and Costa.

"The good news is that the story is Fake News concocted by a weak and ineffective general together with two authors who I refused to give an interview to because they write fiction, not fact," Trump wrote. He added that actions "should be taken immediately against Milley," and "better generals" should get involved.

“If the story of ‘Dumbass’ General Mark Milley… is true, then I assume he would be tried for TREASON,” said the former President.

"For the record, I never even thought of attacking China—and China knows that. The people that fabricated the story are sick and demented, and the people who print it are just as bad. In fact, I’m the only President in decades who didn’t get the U.S. into a war—a well known fact that is seldom reported.”

WTH is going on here?

Old 09-14-2021, 10:10 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Default Trump doubts report of Milley calling Chinese general but says it's 'treason' if true

Trump speculated Milley came up with the story himself to deflect attention from Afghanistan

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...reason-if-true

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday expressed skepticism regarding the report that Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley went behind his back to call Chinese officials but said such an action was treasonous if true.

Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward and national political reporter Robert Costa alleged in their upcoming book "Peril" that Milley made two secret phone calls to Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army, his Chinese counterpart.

Milley reportedly made the calls before the 2020 presidential election on Oct. 30, 2020, and two days after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, on Jan. 8, 2021, and assured Zuocheng of the stability of the American government. He also allegedly assured the Chinese general that he would contact him regarding any imminent attack from the U.S. in the waning days of Trump's presidency.
I believe this. Milley was trying to save face

Old 09-14-2021, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
'Milley made it up': Trump says top general invented story of contacting Chinese military leader

According to the New York Times, journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa allege in their upcoming book "Peril" that Milley made secret phone calls to China because he was afraid Trump might launch a nuclear strike.

Trump refuted these claims in a statement Monday night, saying he believed Milley made the story up and leaked it to Woodward and Costa.

"The good news is that the story is Fake News concocted by a weak and ineffective general together with two authors who I refused to give an interview to because they write fiction, not fact," Trump wrote. He added that actions "should be taken immediately against Milley," and "better generals" should get involved.

“If the story of ‘Dumbass’ General Mark Milley… is true, then I assume he would be tried for TREASON,” said the former President.

"For the record, I never even thought of attacking China—and China knows that. The people that fabricated the story are sick and demented, and the people who print it are just as bad. In fact, I’m the only President in decades who didn’t get the U.S. into a war—a well known fact that is seldom reported.”

WTH is going on here?
What an odd story to tell........

So Milley was right to tell the Cinese that he wasn't going to attack them...so is that treason?

Old 09-14-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What an odd story to tell........

So Milley was right to tell the Cinese that he wasn't going to attack them...so is that treason?
Yeah - I don't know.

He does give latitude towards if the story is true - which tells me Trump is just throwing this out there. Not sure why... There have been numerous instances where Trump seems to throw stuff out there, and it ends up more true than not.

Dems won't do any treason charges on Milley - that's for sure.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah - I don't know.

He does give latitude towards if the story is true - which tells me Trump is just throwing this out there. Not sure why... There have been numerous instances where Trump seems to throw stuff out there, and it ends up more true than not.

Dems won't do any treason charges on Milley - that's for sure.
And wouldn't it have only been treason if he in fact had told of an attack.

I take it as reassuring the Chinese that whatever was happening in the USA there was no military action planned.

IS it treason if it is true.......

Was it a secret -- Trump seems to suggest that there was no secret, Chinese knew there was no attack.....

Honestly, I don't know what value to put in the book, what we are hearing and then Trump's comments but I suspect Trump should have waited to see if Milley makes a statement or for someone to read the book and tell Trump what is in it (not making a dig but Trump has proudly talked about he really isn't a reader -- lots of people aren't).,

Old 09-14-2021, 10:26 PM

Another viewpoint...

Bob Woodward has become the Michael Wolff of Washington, DC.

It’s hard to believe anything the two of them write.

Trump isn’t a war starter and I don’t believe Milley thought he was.

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/s...62609722564611

I have to do some recalculating...

Old 09-14-2021, 10:28 PM

20,062 posts, read 20,877,739 times
#fakenews

If this were true, General Silly would be tried for treason for going over the presidents helmet.
Also, if the scenario were true, there would be official protocol procedures.
So I’m calling bogus on the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies