Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Milley and Pelosi's actions are treason?
Yes- I'm a democrat 6 4.62%
No- I'm a democrat 5 3.85%
Yes- I am a republican or independent 95 73.08%
No- I am a republican or independent 24 18.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 08:55 PM

22,547 posts, read 12,117,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good point. They must want it hijacked.

I'm a parent. I can't in good conscience support anything the left is doing when I think of generations to come.
^^^^This is spot on.

As a parent and a grandparent, I feel the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 08:57 PM

27,309 posts, read 15,450,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
U.S. Constitution, Article 3, Sec. 3:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Let's see...
Milley promised the Chinese generals that, if the U.S was going to attack China, he (Milley) would call them first and inform them of the coming attack.

If we're attacking China, then they're definitely our enemy. And if he then warns them of coming attacks, he's certainly giving our enemy aid, if not comfort.

Anybody want to explain how such an act by Milley, would NOT be treason against the United States?
Well that certainly defines it.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:58 PM

53,157 posts, read 34,946,066 times
ouch!

milley parody account

Quote:
Why would I alert the CCP and their Generals of a potential attack?

I simply cannot in good conscience allow White Rage to result in harm to the Chinese people.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:01 PM

27,309 posts, read 15,450,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
Mark Milley is the biggest Blue Falcon ever!

(if you know, you know)
Yes, I believe he went strait to the top of all Blue Falcons especially since we were all included in his major FUBAR.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:03 PM

37,462 posts, read 19,362,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
U.S. Constitution, Article 3, Sec. 3:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.

Let's see...
Milley promised the Chinese generals that, if the U.S was going to attack China, he (Milley) would call them first and inform them of the coming attack.

If we're attacking China, then they're definitely our enemy. And if he then warns them of coming attacks, he's certainly giving our enemy aid, if not comfort.

Anybody want to explain how such an act by Milley, would NOT be treason against the United States?
China is one of our biggest trade partners that keeps American homes stuffed with low priced junk from WalMart and Target, and they are also an enemy that we would be interested in attacking? I would think any president would have to be utterly deranged to consider such a boneheaded move, and anyone who got in the way of any such idiocy deserves the highest honors this country can bestow.

I will go to my grave thankful that Trump is not a smart man. He could have touched off WWIII.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:07 PM

53,157 posts, read 34,946,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
China is one of our biggest trade partners that keeps American homes stuffed with low priced junk from WalMart and Target, and they are also an enemy that we would be interested in attacking? I would think any president would have to be utterly deranged to consider such a boneheaded move, and anyone who got in the way of any such idiocy deserves the highest honors this country can bestow.

I will go to my grave thankful that Trump is not a smart man. He could have touched off WWIII.
huh?

a 'smart man' would've intentionally kicked off a world war?

Old 09-14-2021, 09:13 PM

31,306 posts, read 22,291,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
This should be a clear-cut bipartisan reprisal of Milley as it amounts to treason. If he would do it to one President he would do it to another. The military is supposed to carry out orders not unilaterally act. In fact, the military has no business communicating at all with foreign powers unless expressly authorized by the President and the content of any calls available for review by the President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

But he didn't, unlike Obama's destruction of Libya, his attempt to depose Syria's sitting president, resulting in US arms being shipped to ISIS and our enemies. Amazingly enough Obama proved himself a warlord, and Trump the most peaceful President in decades. Love me a peaceful president like Trump. Borok Offarakhan should give that peace prize to Trump

Old 09-14-2021, 09:30 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,547,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And that’s being generous. I suspect at least half of that half is completely aware of what they’re doing and fully support it, even if they pretend like they don’t know what you’re talking about if you bring up something that’s embarrassing to the Democrats.
So here is the problem. Just like someone is brought up as a Christian and has a certain way of believing, these folks were brought up differently and have another way of believing. This is why CRT is so important to them and why they want to get it in place as early as possible in education. They're trying to change the current "ways of knowing."

The really disturbing thing about that is there's some truth to there being other ways of living and knowing. Look at N. Korea, for as long as it will last. That's the worst case scenario, at least so far that I know of, of completely and utterly indoctrinating people to believe some grand narrative. And the weep and cry and treat their leader as if he's some God when he is in fact a fat boy with pure privilege that cannot be questioned.

So while none of that is reassuring, what is reassuring is knowing that Thought Reform is and can never be totalizing. The people of N. Korea know their lives are absurd but they're completely powerless to really do anything about it.

Quote:
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...ion-transcript

Old 09-14-2021, 09:47 PM

1,733 posts, read 952,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Should we have attacked China?

Why would we do that right now? Furthermore, Milley has NO authority to dictate who does what militarily, much less secretly override the POTUS. Plus, Pelosi and Schumer were in on this treasonous move. All need to be removed.

Good God, the dems impeached Trump over a stupid phone call yet will they act on this??

Old 09-14-2021, 09:49 PM

1,733 posts, read 952,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Doesn't it bother you that a U.S. general was so deluded by Trump hatred and liberalism (he's the guy with the "white rage" remark) that he told an enemy of our county that he would not following the president's orders?

It's treason.

Exactly. Milley had no authority to do what he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies