Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Milley and Pelosi's actions are treason?
Yes- I'm a democrat 6 4.62%
No- I'm a democrat 5 3.85%
Yes- I am a republican or independent 95 73.08%
No- I am a republican or independent 24 18.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 03:04 AM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times

Advertisements

Why isn't Milley breaking rocks in Levenwurth? Why isn't he a private?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 03:21 AM

4,922 posts, read 2,068,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Why isn't Milley breaking rocks in Levenwurth? Why isn't he a private?
A good question since some poor Enlisted Sailor was sent to a military prison 6 years ago for taking a picture of a sensitive area on a nuclear submarine, which he served on and he immediately reported the violation to his officers. Btw, Trump ordered that the Sailor be released from from prison, shortly after he became POTUS.

I guess that once you’re up that high in the “food chain,” you basically above the law. Just like when Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and sent out an email to all DoS employees ordering them them not to delete any official emails. Or the New York Governor A. Cuomo, sending his email telling all State employees that their is a ZERO tolerance for sexual harassment and the consequences of doing so.

Another case of “Rules for thee, but not for me.” Honestly, this is becoming the “New Normal” in this country.

Old 09-15-2021, 04:20 AM

6,151 posts, read 3,372,943 times
This all gets back to Trump’s fundamental problem, which was personnel. He was never able to gather loyal people around him.

Milley should never have had the chance to betray Trump because he never should’ve been appointed in the first place.

If Pence hadn’t undermined Gen Flynn, he wouldn’t have advised Trump to appoint Milley.

Pence wouldn’t have had to undermine Flynn, were it not for Jeff Sessions not having Trump’s back.

All of Trump’s problems, impeachments, etc. was all due to him choosing the wrong cabinet and the wrong VP.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:09 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Why would we do that right now? Furthermore, Milley has NO authority to dictate who does what militarily, much less secretly override the POTUS. Plus, Pelosi and Schumer were in on this treasonous move. All need to be removed.

Good God, the dems impeached Trump over a stupid phone call yet will they act on this??
yeah - they'll 'act' by putting up st. milley statues up next to their ones of st. floyd...

they think treason against trump is wonderful.

Trump doubts report of Milley calling Chinese general but says it's 'treason' if true

Old 09-15-2021, 06:09 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,970,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Exactly. If you're China (or any other rival nation) you can't afford to go on the assumption that this is just one more instance of Trump being Trump. If it looks, smells and acts like a wackadoodle with nuclear launch codes, you have to act accordingly. Just like we would if the tables were turned. Milley is not the bad guy here.
Exactly. Some of the posters here seem like they would have been ok if Trump had launched nukes at China. Really?

Personally, I don't think any one person in our government should have the power to launch the nukes on their own. At least 3 people should have to concur. We can argue about who those 3 people should be, but it should not be up to one person alone.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:12 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The presence of a madman in the Oval Office required this heroic action by the General.
Show me the clips of Trump that was out of control. Trump was always kool and collected when he spoke. He did NOT SHOW ANGER as Biden has snapping back at people .

Old 09-15-2021, 06:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Exactly. Some of the posters here seem like they would have been ok if Trump had launched nukes at China. Really?

Personally, I don't think any one person in our government should have the power to launch the nukes on their own. At least 3 people should have to concur. We can argue about who those 3 people should be, but it should not be up to one person alone.
And this is why you folks shouldn’t be commenting.

Now you have to tell everyone the steps to launching a nuclear strike so everyone is super duper uper clear on it.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:13 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,395,744 times
General "White Rage" should be arrested, prosecuted, and EXECUTED FOR TREASON!!!!!

Old 09-15-2021, 06:15 AM

24,020 posts, read 15,120,909 times
I'm glad there was somebody sane in the White House.

Most Republicans were Trump enablers. Had they done their duty, Milley would not have had to do his. They all take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and these United States. No different from Kissinger doing his duty when Nixon was a drunk.

All you who think China is your enemy can stop enabling them by not buying a thing made in China. American companies did move their manufacturing to China for the cheap labor. Americans bought their products and continue to but their stock.

Who is to blame, really?

Old 09-15-2021, 06:18 AM

24,020 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Show me the clips of Trump that was out of control. Trump was always kool and collected when he spoke. He did NOT SHOW ANGER as Biden has snapping back at people .
Do you get to see Trump in the president's quarters, in the bathroom, eating dinner with his family? In the office when no cameras are present?

What you see of Trump on tv is just as guarded as Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies