Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 02:16 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Wow, that's great news, however I was not aware that Covid was around since 1987

It's effective against parasitic infestations. No convincing evidence whatsoever in regards to Covid
Oh yes, the covid causing virus has been around for a very long time. However, Ivermectin has recently been shown to be effective against covid.

This is what I was responding to.
Quote:
Why do antivaxxer's refuse to be used as guinea pigs yet they consider using Ivermectin when that is exactly what they would be doing?
I said there is no guinea pigging around since Ivermectin has been around since 1987. Get it? There is no being a guinea pig with using Ivermectin. It's been long since proven to be safe and now it has been shown to work with covid.

Last edited by 303Guy; 09-07-2021 at 02:29 AM..

Old 09-07-2021, 07:08 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Oh yes, the covid causing virus has been around for a very long time. However, Ivermectin has recently been shown to be effective against covid.

This is what I was responding to.

I said there is no guinea pigging around since Ivermectin has been around since 1987. Get it? There is no being a guinea pig with using Ivermectin. It's been long since proven to be safe and now it has been shown to work with covid.
No, the Covid causing virus has not been around for a long time.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:17 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
For example; Even the “The National Institute of Health” on their own website states a 5-day course of Ivermectin was found to be safe and effective in treating adult patients with COVID-19. There were no severe adverse drug events recorded in the study.

So why is it that you libs are so Adamant that everyone needs to get the jab....I don’t get it?
I'm not that adament that Gov't should dictate it, but I am pretty firm that it's the right thing to get the jab.

Here's an anecdote. It's just one, so no statistical validity, but I think it is born out if you looked at it on a statistical lens.

From what I read, 16 out of 17 people who are CURRENTLY hospitalized for COVID have not gotten the jab. These numbers make it even a greater difference: https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ugh-infections

Today, I have to take my daughter who has Cystic Fibrosis (a genetic, pulminary disease, no fault of her own) to be admitted to Duke Hospital in Durham NC, our biggest fear is she won't get admitted due to bed shortages.

So to answer your question with a very personal response: I believe that people are getting denied needed medical attention due to other people not doing what they can to be healthy.

The numbers support, without a doubt, that the jab is either not dangerous at all, or if you really want to stretch it, it is far less, by multiples, dangerous than the virus. And not getting it risks the individual (their freedom), but also puts others at risk. I am not OK with the latter.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:45 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Not if the basket were to be highly effective, well researched, with readily available science, and supported by the overwhelming majority of the scientific community. I would call that person, whether conservative or not, prudent.

I know many conservatives who have gotten vaccinated against COVID. I do not think they are close minded.

Do you think that I am closeminded because I understand the earth is a globe and not flat? Am I close minded because I understand that the earth has a gravitational pull on objects and if I let something go it will fall down? Am I closeminded if I trust that eating arsenic in sufficient quantity will kill me? Do I really need to live my life anticipating things to float when I release them, or eating arsenic just in case it is actually good for me?

Realistically though, Ivermectin and HCQ are not being touted as supplements to vaccination, they are being advocated as alternatives to vaccination. If a person is vaccinated, their chances of catching COVID are dramatically reduced, symptoms are dramatically reduced, chances of hospitalization are dramatically reduced, and the need to treat with secondary medications virtually vanishes.

Your examples above of flat earth, arsenic etc are either/or examples. One is right the other is wrong. Both can't be right. My example can have many right answers but you only allow for one. As we are beginning to find out, your one answer isn't all milk and honey. Wouldn't it be nice to have put some research into other solutions? Ones that can be either chosen by themselves or used to supplement each other?

Which brings me to your second reply, they are certainly NOT being touted as alternative treatments. Your vaccine will always be available and will likely (hopefully) be improved. Stop trying to make everything be binary.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 09-07-2021 at 08:16 AM..

Old 09-07-2021, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But Ivermectin is not a preventative either and even prescribed by a doctor has side effects.

So why take this drug in an uncontrolled setting but refuse the vaccine.

Let's just say -- people are not following the science.

1. Ivermectin does prevent covid.

2. Because doctors are being told not to prescribe it and pharmacies not to fill prescriptions.

3. First off, what we have today is a perverted, politicized monster. Not science. It does not deserve to be followed". True science is a path with many forks in the road. The fact that there is none here should worry any thinking person right out of the gate.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:01 AM

19,638 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
1. Ivermectin does prevent covid.

2. Because doctors are being told not to prescribe it and pharmacies not to fill prescriptions.

3. First off, what we have today is a perverted, politicized monster. Not science. It does not deserve to be followed". True science is a path with many forks in the road. The fact that there is none here should worry any thinking person right out of the gate.
Amen.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Wow, that's great news, however I was not aware that Covid was around since 1987

It's effective against parasitic infestations. No convincing evidence whatsoever in regards to Covid

Is aspirin ONLY good for treating headaches and reducing fever? Oh darn, should we ban all of-label uses of aspirin like heart disease?

Old 09-07-2021, 08:04 AM

831 posts, read 333,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They worship their one true god: The government.
BINGO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
They didn't say that at all. They said

"Recommendation:
There is insufficient evidence for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19."

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelin...py/ivermectin/

Why are you so desperate to push an unproven medication?
It's NONE of anyone but the person getting treated what they use. I know for a fact I won't be taking the poison in the vaccine if I get the covid plandemic crap. I will do whatever I choose to do.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:08 AM

19,638 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Twenty percent of all prescriptions are in off label use.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
No objection to using prescribed meds as directed by a doctor.

Concern for rogue use of meds -- over the counter and self dosing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies