Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 07:04 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times

Advertisements

Once upon a time I wanted to take a road trip from SF up the coast to Oregon and stop in Portland. I think I'd rather just continue up the coast to Washington and avoid P & Sea altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 07:05 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
No one has wanted to go to North Dakota for decades now

Went to Mount Rushmore and badlands in SD that was a fun road trip; never been to ND.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:05 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Wow. it really is like a "prison without walls". That is an excellent description of it.

The problem is the Government has closed the insane asylums and reduced the population in the prisons while legalizing drugs and making it much tougher for a criminal to be arrested, prosecuted and put away.

A few years ago I drove into Boston to one of the Hospitals along Mass. ave. and I couldn't believe the amount of homeless people living on the sidewalks. I generally avoid cities but in the 1990's I had a job that brought me through that same area once a week and there was always some homeless milling about but now it is like an epidemic. I can only imagine it is far worse today.

Who in their right mind would want to navigate through the potentially dangerous "tent city"?

Why do we send Billions of dollars in aide to foreign countries when we cannot help our own citizens?

Why are we inviting in the worlds poor through the Southern border when we cannot help our own citizens?

Why are we being forced to bow down to the threat of Covid when these people that are living on the fringe of society just go about their unhealthy ways with no fear?

What a sad mess.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:19 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times
And yet annoyingly real estate prices there just continue to rise- it’s on our retirement short list because we want to go west and it has a lot of the recreation and big city amenities we want and a less precarious water situation than much of Colorado

Old 09-08-2021, 07:34 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
No one has wanted to go to North Dakota for decades now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I question if North Dakota actually exists.
To my knowledge, not one single building in the entire state of North Dakota has been burned down during an Antifa/BLM riot. Can Portland say the same?

Old 09-08-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Portland was already depressing years ago. I used to fly into Portland then drive out to fish the Oregon rivers. Portland had the same depressing vibe as Seattle, at least the last times I was in those cities. I can see where the sentiments of "grunge" came from.
I've been to Portland once, something like 15 years ago. What struck me is just how slovenly everyone looked. That, and just how many people had nothing better to do than just sit around, during a workday. Can't say I've had any desire to return.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:40 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Wow, looks like a vast majority of liberal cities.

Almost every big Democratic city these days is in the same position as Portland in regards to the conditions of these Democratic cities.

A vast majority of big, Democratic cities are very depressing these days. I have not been in Portland but downtown Phoenix, Tucson, San Diego, Los Angeles are so depressing.

I am surprised he ventured into Portland as it's an extremely dangerous city that I can't imagine visiting and am proud to have never visited myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4LJPkU5y0
San Diego?! It’s been quite a few years, but San Diego was a beautiful city and a place I wished I could have lived in.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:42 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Went to Mount Rushmore and badlands in SD that was a fun road trip; never been to ND.
I would love to go there some day.

17,644 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
To my knowledge, not one single building in the entire state of North Dakota has been burned down during an Antifa/BLM riot. Can Portland say the same?
These people would rather live in a city filled with criminals and domestic terrorists than among evil conservatives. Says everything about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
San Diego?! It’s been quite a few years, but San Diego was a beautiful city and a place I wished I could have lived in.
Yeah, I really hate to hear this, as I've always loved San Diego. My most recent time there was 2015 and I don't recall it being depressing at that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies