Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 12:43 PM

9,894 posts, read 4,656,637 times

Advertisements

State with leftist progressive power obsessed with power governor with a constituency wants to secede to Idaho. Of course it's dystopian dump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 05:19 PM

6,749 posts, read 6,738,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Nobody wants to move there. Nobody wants to move to Republican run cities, either. For instance, Tulsa is so desperate for new people that it will pay you $10,000 to move there and be a remote worker. Rather than be paid to move to Tulsa just who knows how many thousands of people would far rather move to Portland, due to the much, much better scenery, led by Mt. Hood? Better weather, too.
San Diego has much lower property crime and now homicide rates than other West Coast cities, aided by a former GOP mayor. Basics like punishing criminals without being PC are still happening there, where as San Francisco is long gone in that regard. It shouldn't be a choice between scenery and very basic order, that's only a recent development.

Old 09-08-2021, 05:30 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,054,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post

I dont think even John Rambo would be headed to Portland these days.
I wonder if Paul Kersey, "Dirty Harry" Callahan, Lt. "Popeye" Doyle and Snake Plisken would venture to Portland anyway?

Old 09-08-2021, 05:33 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I wonder if Paul Kersey, "Dirty Harry" Callahan, Lt. "Popeye" Doyle and Snake Plisken would venture to Portland anyway?
Snake we could of used last summer. But didn't he leave for LA?

lol

Old 09-08-2021, 05:47 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
San Diego?! It’s been quite a few years, but San Diego was a beautiful city and a place I wished I could have lived in.
San Diego was beautiful when Republican Falconer was mayor. Now they have Democrat mayor Todd Gloria.

I was in San Diego earlier this year and it was in good shape and it seemed to do good job recovering from the pandemic.

I was again in San Diego in August and in a matter of months, everything had changed. The downtown was depressing after just months of a Democratic mayor was elected.

Now, much of downtown San Diego is just another Skid Row in Los Angeles or Downtown Portland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2JvyPNCzvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kefSVi352YI&t=40s

San Diego has alot of excellent neighborhoods, but I was in downtown San Diego last month and it had gone downhill in only a matter of months. They have a new ultra-liberal Democrat mayor Todd Gloria.

San Diego was excellent when Reublican Kevin Falconer was mayor but now with ultra-liberal Democrat Todd Gloria it is almost on the level of Skid Row in Los Angeles.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:26 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Nobody wants to move there. Nobody wants to move to Republican run cities, either. For instance, Tulsa is so desperate for new people that it will pay you $10,000 to move there and be a remote worker. Rather than be paid to move to Tulsa just who knows how many thousands of people would far rather move to Portland, due to the much, much better scenery, led by Mt. Hood? Better weather, too.
Townie, I live part-time in Portland, right downtown, and honestly if I had an extra $500K that I haven't already earmarked for other investments I'd sink it in another condo smack dab in the middle of the city. Biggest problem making that happen right now is availability of properties. There's just not that much on the market and what is there is gets snapped up pretty quickly at a premium price. No indication it's going to change anytime soon. Construction cranes dot the skyline with both commercial and residential projects. It's for darn sure the smart money ain't parking it in Tulsa.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:38 PM

3,848 posts, read 1,791,151 times
I will watch video later, but absolutely without even watching it Portland is getting worse. Trash, tents and vagrants all over. It is sad and there is zero leadership or accountability.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:21 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
San Diego was beautiful when Republican Falconer was mayor. Now they have Democrat mayor Todd Gloria.

I was in San Diego earlier this year and it was in good shape and it seemed to do good job recovering from the pandemic.

I was again in San Diego in August and in a matter of months, everything had changed. The downtown was depressing after just months of a Democratic mayor was elected.

Now, much of downtown San Diego is just another Skid Row in Los Angeles or Downtown Portland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2JvyPNCzvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kefSVi352YI&t=40s

San Diego has alot of excellent neighborhoods, but I was in downtown San Diego last month and it had gone downhill in only a matter of months. They have a new ultra-liberal Democrat mayor Todd Gloria.

San Diego was excellent when Reublican Kevin Falconer was mayor but now with ultra-liberal Democrat Todd Gloria it is almost on the level of Skid Row in Los Angeles.
Well as sad as it is, the voters get what they voted for.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:31 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,425,374 times
I love the schadenfreude from people who have never been to the city, before or after the pandemic. They are practically gushing to hear that the city is a toxic wasteland. It's all kind of sad the state of politics in this country. Both sides suck hard, including many of the posts on the first page. China will walk right over us seeing how divided we are.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Townie, I live part-time in Portland, right downtown, and honestly if I had an extra $500K that I haven't already earmarked for other investments I'd sink it in another condo smack dab in the middle of the city. Biggest problem making that happen right now is availability of properties. There's just not that much on the market and what is there is gets snapped up pretty quickly at a premium price. No indication it's going to change anytime soon. Construction cranes dot the skyline with both commercial and residential projects. It's for darn sure the smart money ain't parking it in Tulsa.
Thank you so much for amplifying my point! Portland is uncommonly beautiful and more highly desirable! I can't imagine Portland trying to bribe people with $10,000 to move there in a million years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies