Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2021, 01:18 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

There is going to be a fantastic sales opportunity for gas powered equipment on the other side of the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 01:24 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
They can replace their mowers with goats. The goats will fertilize as well and they are automatic.

They should give Kalifornia back to Mexico, but only if they take "Grusome Newsom".

Old 10-11-2021, 01:32 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
The knee jerk reaction here from the right is equally predictable and uninformed. Do a little research and you find that these small gas engines are big polluters. That matters in a crowded state with bad air quality. A single gas lawn mower can produce as much pollution in an hour as 40 new cars would over the same period. California's initiative appears to make sense.

https://cleanairyardcare.ca/environmental-facts/

Old 10-11-2021, 01:34 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The knee jerk reaction here from the right is equally predictable and uninformed. Do a little research and you find that these small gas engines are big polluters. That matters in a crowded state with bad air quality. A single gas lawn mower can produce as much pollution in an hour as 40 new cars would over the same period. California's initiative appears to make sense.

How will they farm without farm equipment? I guess you can import all food. Seriously, there are no real alternatives to some of this equipment.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:37 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In a state that can't keep the lights on now, they will need more electricity?
We (Arizona) will sell them our excess at a profit.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:40 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We (Arizona) will sell them our excess at a profit.
Just let them do without, maybe then they would vote out the idiots.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:46 PM

25,725 posts, read 18,797,332 times
They are setting themselves up for a self-extinction sort of deal. I wonder if Mexico would even accept Kalifornia now as a gesture of recompense for 1848? I'd doubt they would want the headache.

I remember years ago when the "science" told us that half of Kalifornia was going to slide off and sink into the Pacific ocean. Pity "science" was wrong as it seems to be more and more these days.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:56 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
idiot newsom is even forcing stores to un-gender their toy section.

https://thepostmillennial.com/gavin-...campaign=64474
Yeah, I'm well aware of just how stupid our state is. Couple of guys here on local talk radio just slam Newsom pretty much on a daily basis.

Newsom is probably the greasiest slickest used car salesman type of scumbag politician there is. I mean he's the mold of and textbook definition of slim ball politician.

The guy speaks in clichés and uses all of the political hack language you can imagine. He can talk for 10 minutes straight and not say one substantive thing.

Shame that Elder didn't beat him for the recall. Too much big money and activist behind Newsom. It would have also been an embarrassment for Auntie Pelosi.

Old 10-11-2021, 01:59 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

California already has the toughest small engine standards around. Always see boxes/signs-not ok for sale or use in California. The gas-oil mix probably are some of the biggest polluters as far as small engines go and it's probably in the start up. Maybe incentivize all gas while slowly iincreasing power grid capacity and recycling capabilities. But with things like generators this is stupid, if one needs power and- primary source is out battery generators won't provide enough or be able to power up many of the things a gas generator could.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:57 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
I mow my lawn with a battery powered mower, and my leaf blower is also battery powered.

What's the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies