Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2021, 05:04 PM

9,895 posts, read 4,659,887 times

Advertisements

Problem with fleas is they also lay eggs so it may take a couple treatments and thorough cleanings. Vacuum everything, get accessory tools and get into corners, edges, nooks, crannys etc. Wash all clothing or cloth items that weren't stored away. Vacuum cloth furniture, draperies, mats etc. Boric acid powder also works well I just use around the edges. You could also sprinkle other powders and baking soda if desperate but it's best to vaccum shortly after.

And of course get the dog treated and/or get a preventative med or collar

This is another reason many landlords don't like pets because they lead to other issues besides wear & tear.

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 05:21 PM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Just let them do without, maybe then they would vote out the idiots.
Not likely, they'll just bring in more idiots.

Old 10-11-2021, 05:23 PM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I mow my lawn with a battery powered mower, and my leaf blower is also battery powered.

What's the problem?
We've gone full electric everything and it's a superior technology. No problem really.

Old 10-11-2021, 05:23 PM

1,017 posts, read 788,197 times
They had a chance to recall Newsome

Old 10-11-2021, 05:50 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I mow my lawn with a battery powered mower, and my leaf blower is also battery powered.

What's the problem?
The problem would be you think only of your situation and not of that of commercial operations nor tree cutting etc.

Kinda like saying you would limit all restaurants to a standard 4 burner stove top because you have no problems cooking enough food on yours.

Additionally, California keeps making edicts about shifting to electric....but then decomissioning their nuke plants while hydro runs dry and solar has issues when there is no solar....all while rapidly increasing their rates to amongst the highest in the country.

Basically, CA is well intentioned but keeps placing political dogma in front of infrastructure reality.

Old 10-11-2021, 05:52 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We've gone full electric everything and it's a superior technology. No problem really.
Except for a lot of people that don't have your deep pockets and have to pay CA electric rates.

I almost entirely agree about going electric, but not everyone can just shrug off the higher costs and other issues that are being created like you can.

Old 10-11-2021, 05:52 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,743,317 times
The one thing nobody brings up, - the elephant in the room - is boating.

On our Paradise Lake only kayaks and electric boats are allowed, which is fine for a small jon boat. There are electric motors available for dinghies and small boats, and I mean beyond the trolling motors, but for ocean-going and ski-boats a huge electric motor with an even larger battery pack is not feasible, and also super expensive.

We have two generators now, 1 NG Generac, and a small portable. If I live beyond 2023 we plan to get another, also extra chainsaws, brush cutters, and leaf blowers.

We have electrics for blowing off the deck, but it is like asking a 6-year-old kid to do a man's work.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:03 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
How will they cut down a tree? No battery powered chainsaw is big enough.
I'll give you a hint.

You can still buy chainsaws in...Oregon, Nevada, or Arizona.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:38 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I wouldn't consider this to be such a big deal, after all, the typical mower, chainsaw or blower lasts 5-10 years,
and it only bans the sale of them. You still have until 2024 to buy a new one, and after that, just hop over the border into Nevada, Oregon or Arizona to buy your new ones. Our state (Washington) tends to follow behind CA on such laws, but fortunately I have all the gas powered tools I need, some being less than a year old:
Well it would stop new competition from entering the landscaping industry. Understand for most Californians to "hop over a border" means climbing over a mountain and driving through a desert. And it is far beyond the range of their Tesla

Old 10-11-2021, 07:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Civil rights leaders have even come out saying a switch to electricity for things like heating is going to really be a problem for those living in poverty. California has the third highest rates now. And last year they had rolling black outs. What will happen when there's an even bigger burden on electricity?

Everything they do to solve one problem creates a bigger problem, but the people voted for him. Twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies