Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 10:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
It is kind of odd that as nations increase their vaccination percentages, their covid 19 infection rates increase as well. In fact in many cases, the increases correlate with each other.
There is nothing to indicate your assumption is accurate.

In fact -- using Ireland as an example -- the Delta variant surge in Ireland has not even come close to last fall/winter's surge in numbers. Meanwhile less social distancing and fewer masks, kids in school...increased physical contact with fewer cases and most of those cases in hospital are unvaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 10:35 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Don’t try to deflect. We are talking about the vaccinated spreading Covid, not about hospitalization. Leftists are a sneaky little bunch.
Don't try to deflect. People have been saying that the flooding of ERs and ICUs is due to the unvaccinated. It's clearly true.

Even if the vaccinated can spread, the unvaccinated are the ones who are filling up the hospitals, causing staff to quit, and are taking beds from those who really need it.

So when you hear that a heart-attack is being labeled as COVID related, there is at least SOME TRUTH to that statement. In many cases, people are dying of unrelated issues, because the unvaxed are selfishly using up the resources. It happened to my daughter. She is alive, but in the hospital right now, and is much more compromised because they didn't have beds to see her when she first got sick. She has a genetic disease, not COVID. COVID hospitalizations have impacted her.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:19 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Don't try to deflect. People have been saying that the flooding of ERs and ICUs is due to the unvaccinated. It's clearly true.

Even if the vaccinated can spread, the unvaccinated are the ones who are filling up the hospitals, causing staff to quit, and are taking beds from those who really need it.

So when you hear that a heart-attack is being labeled as COVID related, there is at least SOME TRUTH to that statement. In many cases, people are dying of unrelated issues, because the unvaxed are selfishly using up the resources. It happened to my daughter. She is alive, but in the hospital right now, and is much more compromised because they didn't have beds to see her when she first got sick. She has a genetic disease, not COVID. COVID hospitalizations have impacted her.
Is this correct though - wouldn't it be the vulnerable who are filling up the hospitals?

How would you feel if it transpires that the pandemic only happened because some white coat in a lab, was careless?

Last edited by Joe90; 10-14-2021 at 11:31 AM..

Old 10-14-2021, 11:23 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Well, this thread isn’t working out as planned. It’s really time to give up with the attacks on vaccination/vaccinated people.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:26 AM

25,771 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Well, this thread isn’t working out as planned. It’s really time to give up with the attacks on vaccinated people.
Nobody is attacking you. We're attacking your tyranny. We are attacking your insistence that everyone make the same health choices as you do. I don't give a **** if you are vaccinated or not.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:30 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Nobody is attacking you. We're attacking your tyranny. We are attacking your insistence that everyone make the same health choices as you do. I don't give a **** if you are vaccinated or not.
Where have I insisted everyone make the same choice as me? That’s YOU. You people have been attacking anyone willing to take the vaccines since they came out. Some of us are just trying to do the best we can in this situation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:33 AM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
From your sources.
Mr Reid said it was “striking” that 60% of those with Covid-19 being treated in ICU are not vaccinated.

"This is striking when only 9% of adults haven't been fully vaccinated. Vaccinations do protect stronger," the HSE chief executive said.

We all know the vaccine is not 100% effective but stats seem to suggest you are more likely to be hospitalized if you aren't vaccinated.

It appears that the esteemed OP has posted by mistake a proof of how well vaccines perform in preventing hospitalizations and deaths.

Old 10-14-2021, 12:30 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Is this correct though - wouldn't it be the vulnerable who are filling up the hospitals?

How would you feel if it transpires that the pandemic only happened because some white coat in a lab, was careless?
1. Yes, and the unvaccinated are vulnerable. They are the #1 source of flooding right now. Not because of "feelz" but because that's what Hospital admission stats are showing.

2. I would be pissed, but it would not have any impact on my feelings toward the people who COULD do somethign about it (Vaccinate) and choose not to.

The two are 100% unrelated in the world of cause and effect. The alleged lab-leak has no bearing on what people decide to do in today's reality. It might have created that reality, but it does not have any corrolation to the choices of how people respond.

Old 10-14-2021, 12:34 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
2 decades to slow the spread donchaknow?
I fixed it for you. We expanded the amount of plastic garbage on the ocean by a whopping 7% the first year of the pandemic just from mask use. By the time the nanny state progressive types finally let us take off our muzzles the Pacific garbage patch will have increased in size 400%. Conservatives banning mask mandates would be the most green thing to have happen at this point.

I mean, I'm not going to argue against vaccines though. Sorry but the majority of evidence favors them in individuals older than age 21. The world would be orders of magnitude better off if we ended this pandemic, make vaccines available without nagging people, ended all mask mandates, and put the matter to rest...but the people voted for these statists. People allowed these covid hysterical lefties to infest the media and school systems. We are stuck with them. I'm not even factoring in other countries.

I don't see the current policies of monitoring covid cases per 100k people and trying to muzzle them up going away in certain places any time soon, and this virus is endemic so we will see case flare-ups for the rest of our lives.

Last edited by sholomar; 10-14-2021 at 12:45 PM..

Old 10-14-2021, 12:36 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Are we still paying people to get the jab?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies