Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 02:22 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Anti vaxers are hilarious in their attempts fact is vaccinated people are NOT the ones that are dying - end of story!

There are around FOUR people a day dying from Covid in Ireland, my guess is they are all un-vaccinated.

The thing is the longer antivaxers stick to their stories the stupider they are starting to look! As the vaccinated countries start going back to normality and hoardes of vaccinated people are NOT dying in the streets then all the ridiculous anti-vax rhetoric is starting to show as the nonsense its always been!
No, just you're wishful thinking. And that's something I don't have to take a guess at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 02:27 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Singapore, Iceland, Israel, Gibraltar, etc. there was a study that showed the higher the vax rate, the higher the surge. I’ll try to find it but observation shows us this is a real issue.
Yes, because as countries vaxxed they came out of lockdowns and eased restrictions, allowing the virus to transmit through the community. It makes total sense.

For example, in my state of NSW, in Australia, we’ve gone from a peak of about 1600 daily new cases (when vax rates were low and stay at home orders were in place) to about 250 today, as vax rates increased. At 80% of over 16 year olds double vaxxed we have opened up the state and there are no more stay at home orders.

It’s fully expected that because people are moving about the community that Covid cases will be much higher than they’ve ever been in the past, but that the cases will be milder and won’t require such high hospitalisations.

Old 10-14-2021, 02:45 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
It is kind of odd that as nations increase their vaccination percentages, their covid 19 infection rates increase as well. In fact in many cases, the increases correlate with each other.
Gibraltar. Malta. Singapore. Denmark. Israel. Gibraltar is ove 100% vaccinated, don’t even know, how they count.
Yet, crowd already eagerly asks, where to get boosters.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:08 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes, because as countries vaxxed they came out of lockdowns and eased restrictions, allowing the virus to transmit through the community. It makes total sense.

For example, in my state of NSW, in Australia, we’ve gone from a peak of about 1600 daily new cases (when vax rates were low and stay at home orders were in place) to about 250 today, as vax rates increased. At 80% of over 16 year olds double vaxxed we have opened up the state and there are no more stay at home orders.

It’s fully expected that because people are moving about the community that Covid cases will be much higher than they’ve ever been in the past, but that the cases will be milder and won’t require such high hospitalisations.
Is there data showing that the reason why highly vaccinated countries had higher cases than lower vaccinated countries due to more people going out and about? A lot of places were already pretty much open prior to the vaccine.

I think it’s probably too soon to tell what will happen with Australia and not the best comparison because your country was heavily locked down and not that comparable to other countries or states where people were out and about.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:22 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Vaccine mandates won’t do any of that. The virus will continue to spread, even in fully vaccinated populations. Firing healthcare workers for refusing the jab is insane. Staff shortages lead to bed shortages.

This is another case study from an Israel hospital outbreak with a 96% vaccination rate and heavy ppe use by all. Not only did Covid spread, quite a few of those fully vaxxed got very sick and some died. The unvaxxed patients who caught Covid had mild cases.

https://theexpose.uk/2021/10/13/stud...ted-were-fine/

We cannot vaccinate Covid away, not even severe Covid.
That sounds more like a math problem and keep in mind the vaccine does not prevent you from carrying the virus. So if 96% of Israeli's are vaccinated and 4% are not why wouldn't you expect the larger percentage of vaccinated to carry the virus.

Still the unvaccinated are a small percentage but they are ending up in hospitals or dying in larger numbers.

Jumping around the planet in an attempt to justify remaining unvaccinated, how about using the what is occurring in the US as an example. Who are dying and being hospitalized in greater numbers, vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:24 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
So much for the vaccines being effective:

99.7% of Waterford adults fully vaccinated against Covid-19

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40704104.html

Waterford now has highest incidence of covid in Ireland

https://waterford-news.ie/2021/10/11...id-in-ireland/

I thought the vaccines were going to stop the spread?

but, but, but, but Trumpers.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:34 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That sounds more like a math problem and keep in mind the vaccine does not prevent you from carrying the virus. So if 96% of Israeli's are vaccinated and 4% are not why wouldn't you expect the larger percentage of vaccinated to carry the virus.

Still the unvaccinated are a small percentage but they are ending up in hospitals or dying in larger numbers.

Jumping around the planet in an attempt to justify remaining unvaccinated, how about using the what is occurring in the US as an example. Who are dying and being hospitalized in greater numbers, vaccinated or unvaccinated.
More and more evidence shows that the vaccine doesn’t prevent spread. It’s one tool that people can use to protect themselves. There is zero reason to impose mandates or passports yet that is exactly what we keep doing.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Not the ones who use Ivermectin.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:46 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Is there data showing that the reason why highly vaccinated countries had higher cases than lower vaccinated countries due to more people going out and about? A lot of places were already pretty much open prior to the vaccine.

I think it’s probably too soon to tell what will happen with Australia and not the best comparison because your country was heavily locked down and not that comparable to other countries or states where people were out and about.
Singapore has been heavily locked down and so were all the UK countries, of course Ireland is not a UK country so I'd have to look.

Many countries were locked down, we were just the last ones because our vax rollout was so slow.

Plus, that was not the statement I was answering. You said this "Singapore, Iceland, Israel, Gibraltar, etc. there was a study that showed the higher the vax rate, the higher the surge. I’ll try to find it but observation shows us this is a real issue."

In at least some of those countries there were heavy lockdowns so as more people got vaxxed and came out of lockdown, the higher the surge.

ETA - as to your statement that my "country" was heavily locked down, no it hasn't been, only areas with active virus has been in lockdown, many states have had no restrictions since May/June 2020. I'm specifically talking about our state of NSW.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 10-14-2021 at 06:55 PM..

Old 10-15-2021, 12:47 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

I live in Miami, where we had no meaningful restrictions since October 2020, but we exploded with COVID cases in summer 2021, despite having one of the highest vaccinate rates in the USA. I don't disregard that many people changed their behavior once vaccinated. But still, these vaccines failed at controlling the pandemic. We had more cases and deaths summer 2021, with a vaccine rate of 70+% than in summer 2020 when vaccine rate was 0%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies