Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 04:36 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No one has been dying in the streets of Covid. Covid has a very high survival rate for most groups.

Let people make their own health decisions. No mandates.
Nevertheless just under 5 million people on this planet have been killed by Covid, that's affected tens of millions of lives, the vaccine is literally saving millions of lives not only that its only the vaccine that has enabled the UK to open up again, whether I think the virus will kill me or not doesn't change the fact that now I can go shopping, go to the pub, go to the football etc and do all of these things without wearing a mask everywhere I go, for that alone the vaccine is VERY worth it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Pssst...you forgot to link a source for your "fact"
Here you are!

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ryand2july2021

Fully vaccinated people account for 0.8% of deaths - unvaccinated 99.2% of all deaths!!

And that link is from the Office of National Statistics and NOT some Micky Mouse source!!

Old 10-15-2021, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
No, just you're wishful thinking. And that's something I don't have to take a guess at.
Considering that only 0.8% of Covid deaths in the UK are in vaccinated people and 99.2% of deaths are in the unvaccinated I would suggest that it is highly unlikely that any of the 4 are vaccinated wouldn't you say!!

Old 10-15-2021, 04:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Here you are!

Fully vaccinated people account for 0.8% of deaths - unvaccinated 99.2% of all deaths!!

And that link is from the Office of National Statistics and NOT some Micky Mouse source!!
NO~ONE is "fully vaccinated" ANYWHERE!!!!

These mRNA POTIONS do NOT protect ANYBODY from CATCHING AND SPREADING THE VIRUS!!!!

The often excuse of ," They lessen the severity of symptoms" BS, is a TALKING POINT CREATED to EXCUSE the FACT that the "vaccines" DO NOT WORK!!!

"Truth is false and logic lost..."

TWILIGHT ZONE

Old 10-15-2021, 06:03 AM

1,705 posts, read 805,172 times
That the virus exists but no one dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That will never happen and I certainly hope no one thinks that is the goal.

I think that is THE PERFECT goal. That it becomes an inconvenience and that everyone can get back to pre2021 normality.

Unattainable? Perhaps but we can get close.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:10 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,881,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
It is kind of odd that as nations increase their vaccination percentages, their covid 19 infection rates increase as well. In fact in many cases, the increases correlate with each other.
Coincidence... Delta

Old 10-15-2021, 06:24 AM

13,417 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I live in Miami, where we had no meaningful restrictions since October 2020, but we exploded with COVID cases in summer 2021, despite having one of the highest vaccinate rates in the USA. I don't disregard that many people changed their behavior once vaccinated. But still, these vaccines failed at controlling the pandemic. We had more cases and deaths summer 2021, with a vaccine rate of 70+% than in summer 2020 when vaccine rate was 0%.
Yeah interesting, what were the tourist numbers and what was people’s behaviour like in Summer 2020 compared to 2021? June/July 2020 was still in the thick of it, people were likely protecting themselves more even if not officially under restrictions.

By summer 2021 Delta would be running rampant no? But yeah very high vax rates in Miami, so I don’t know the answer to that.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:31 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Nevertheless just under 5 million people on this planet have been killed by Covid, that's affected tens of millions of lives, the vaccine is literally saving millions of lives not only that its only the vaccine that has enabled the UK to open up again, whether I think the virus will kill me or not doesn't change the fact that now I can go shopping, go to the pub, go to the football etc and do all of these things without wearing a mask everywhere I go, for that alone the vaccine is VERY worth it!
With Covid. Most people who died with Covid had co-morbidities. The number who died OF Covid is much lower. The vaccine is an individual choice and a tool that can be utilized to reduce individual risk. N95 masks are really the only one that provides significant protection to the wearer and those can also be chosen as a way to reduce risk.

You are allowed to do things again because your government gave you permission to utilize your rights to move freely again. Something they took away from you previously.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:33 AM

4,560 posts, read 4,098,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Don’t try to deflect. We are talking about the vaccinated spreading Covid, not about hospitalization. Leftists are a sneaky little bunch.
It is not deflection. The point of lockdown and vaccination is decrease hospital capacity so they aren’t overwhelmed.

Sadly we could have easily been back to normal almost a year ago. There are more than enough vacant buildings and trainable people throughout the country. Capacity for care could have been easily expanded. This could have been done throughout all of 2020.

Old 10-15-2021, 06:42 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,296,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Why not do it yourself to offer countering articles to disprove him?
Because if someone makes a claim stating something as fact, they should cite their source. That's how it works. If they can't prove that what they are saying is fact, then why should I believe them?

They are asking me to believe an alternative to what the 'experts' are saying. The vast majority of the world believes that vaccinations are effective (not infallible) at preventing ICU hospitalizations and death, or otherwise stated, at "mitigating the effects of the virus".

OP put a stat up, that basically supports that they are effective, but seems to imply it means something else.

It's on them to at least validate their data, as it is integral to their thesus.

I did a quick search, and found both articles, but nothing backing either of them up. Just some news rag making a statement. I also check on my sources, and if they can't back up what they say, I give them the same amount of credibility. NONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies