Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 12:42 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
1. Yes, and the unvaccinated are vulnerable. They are the #1 source of flooding right now. Not because of "feelz" but because that's what Hospital admission stats are showing.

2. I would be pissed, but it would not have any impact on my feelings toward the people who COULD do somethign about it (Vaccinate) and choose not to.

The two are 100% unrelated in the world of cause and effect. The alleged lab-leak has no bearing on what people decide to do in today's reality. It might have created that reality, but it does not have any corrolation to the choices of how people respond.
Are you sure? - isn't it the vulnerable who are vulnerable?... your "feelz" comment is out of context.

Not so sure I agree with your second view either - there would be much less faith in the field of virology and vaccines in general, if it was revealed that it was a lab escape, and even more so if it was revealed to be a enhanced virus.... I suspect there is no great rush for a definitive answer as to the origins of the virus, for that very reason.

Last edited by Joe90; 10-14-2021 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 01:09 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
The vaccines make covid so mild for most people that it makes sense that they could catch and spread it easier.

I’m very curious to see what happens over the winter season to see if the vaccines and/or natural immunity wear off after 6-12 months like is common for coronaviruses. I literally just tested negative for antibodies despite having had covid in March. From my understanding, it’s likely that my immune system still has the capability to manufacture the antibodies, they’re just not actively coursing through my bloodstream. Coronaviruses are known to establish infection quickly enough that bringing that ability to manufacture antibodies out of your immune system’s “long term memory” is too slow though.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:10 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
The vaccines make covid so mild for most people that it makes sense that they could catch and spread it easier.

I’m very curious to see what happens over the winter season to see if the vaccines and/or natural immunity wear off after 6-12 months like is common for coronaviruses. I literally just tested negative for antibodies despite having had covid in March. From my understanding, it’s likely that my immune system still has the capability to manufacture the antibodies, they’re just not actively coursing through my bloodstream. Coronaviruses are known to establish infection quickly enough that bringing that ability to manufacture antibodies out of your immune system’s “long term memory” is too slow though.
Interesting. Thanks for the post. If this is indeed and endemic virus where immunity wears off the statists are never going to let the issue go. Now that we have worldwide covid hysteria it's too lucritive for them to want to give up this newfound authority they have over others.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:12 PM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
So much for the vaccines being effective:

99.7% of Waterford adults fully vaccinated against Covid-19

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40704104.html

Waterford now has highest incidence of covid in Ireland

https://waterford-news.ie/2021/10/11...id-in-ireland/

I thought the vaccines were going to stop the spread?
Their population is only about 54k. A lot of statistical fluctuation with these relatively small numbers. No proof that the vaccines aren't reducing the spread.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The highest vaccinated countries also have the highest rates of Covid.
Assertion with no proof. Where is your list of the highest vaccinated countries and their rates?

Old 10-14-2021, 01:19 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Assertion with no proof. Where is your list of the highest vaccinated countries and their rates?
Singapore, Iceland, Israel, Gibraltar, etc. there was a study that showed the higher the vax rate, the higher the surge. I’ll try to find it but observation shows us this is a real issue.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Here is the study.
https://link.springer.com/article/10...54-021-00808-7
Quote:
At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
"No discernible relation" means there wasn't statistical significance in their analysis. How do you get from that to the claim you made earlier that the highest vaccinated countries have the highest covid rates?

Old 10-14-2021, 01:31 PM

Quote:
"No discernible relation" means there wasn't statistical significance in their analysis. How do you get from that to the claim you made earlier that the highest vaccinated countries have the highest covid rates?
Keep reading on to the second sentence and then continue on and read the whole paragraph. You responded way too soon. Feel free to click on the link and the read the study.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Keep reading on to the second sentence and then continue on and read the whole paragraph. You responded way too soon. Feel free to click on the link and the read the study.
But this analysis doesn't take into consideration the time lag.

Let's revisit the final numbers in a month.

Also --- Iceland has had one death this year, back in May of 2021.

This suggests even with an increase in cases -- the vaccine is keeping people alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies