Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 01:46 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,700,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
We tax more than just income. It's bizarre to only look at income taxes. Don't be misleading.
The federal government taxes people's income. Sure you pay a fee to enter a national park, but that's a choice, one can avoid that tax by not going to the national park. And that is the definition of a fair tax, every individual pays the same amount. The federal government does not tax people's wealth, never has and never will. You are the one being misleading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 01:48 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
The federal government taxes people's income. Sure you pay a fee to enter a national park, but that's a choice one can avoid. The federal government tax not tax people's wealth, never has and never will. You are the one being misleading.
This has been addressed. I recommend reading the thread and respond to the facts given. Read and respond to post #46.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:51 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Taxes paid proportional to wealth owned. The top 1% control 40% of the nation's wealth and only pay 24% of taxes. The bottom 50% control only 2% of the wealth, but pay 12% of taxes. The ultra-wealthy are getting off easy, not paying their fair share.

The top 1% are paying LESS taxes than you or I, as a % of wealth. Elon Musk specifically pays NO income taxes. he pays less than anyone else in terms of that too, by the way.
I find it hard to believe you actually worked in wealth management, unless you were an administrative assistant.

Quote:
The ProPublica report alleged that Musk...paid less than $70,000 in federal income tax in 2015 and 2017, and nothing at all in 2018. He did seem to have paid his due in 2016 when he exercised more than $1 billion in stock options.
it is called an INCOME tax. It is not called a WEALTH tax.

And, with your supposed wealth management experience, tell us how the "super-rich" would pay taxes based on their wealth. With cash on hand? Or by selling stocks/investments?

Old 11-14-2021, 01:56 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I find it hard to believe you actually worked in wealth management, unless you were an administrative assistant.
I've worked in wealth management (series 7, 66, 14), after that I worked for a company that manufactured products that sold in the stock market. Currently I'm a VP for a global investment management company. I started my career in this industry VERY conservative. The more I learn about economics, global finance, and fiscal policy, the more liberal I get. That's a common theme I've seen among people actually in the industry, actually.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:59 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
I've worked in wealth management (series 7, 66, 14), after that I worked for a company that manufactured products that sold in the stock market. Currently I'm a VP for a global investment management company. I started my career in this industry VERY conservative. The more I learn about economics, global finance, and fiscal policy, the more liberal I get. That's a common theme I've seen among people actually in the industry, actually.
Feel free to share your views with your wealthy clients. And to donate your own wealth to the IRS.

And stop asking for other people's money.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Feel free to share your views with your wealthy clients. And to donate your own wealth to the IRS.

And stop asking for other people's money.
I don’t think he’s asking for your money. He’s demanding the government to take your money at gunpoint.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:03 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don’t think he’s asking for your money. He’s demanding the government to take your money at gunpoint.
Same thing.

Old 11-14-2021, 02:52 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
In Europe, they don't call it communism. Social democracy is quite different. Yes, there are billionaires in those Europeans countries that support the Social Democrats. I've done any number of walking tours of Europeans cities on Youtube and haven't seen a homeless person yet.
Another fine example of taking something at face value. You have "done any number of walking tours of Europeans cities on Youtube and haven't seen a homeless person yet" so of course, that right there signifies no to little homelessness in your eyes and in your intent to try and make it believable in your post. Educate yourself on the subject before making assertions which are untrue. I could list stats for you but it's better if you do the research on your own.

Why some believe social democracy is the answer to any country's problems and sing their praises and pretend living in such conditions is equal to paradise yet continue to live in a capitalist country such as the US says it all now, doesn't it? It will ever change though. There's those who live their entire lives never figuring out that old saying 'the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence'. They just keep on dreaming.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Sure you did. With your understanding of the economics, I would be shocked you even work at a minimum wage job.

Old 11-14-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Same thing.
Not the same. Asking means you can refuse.

Demanding at gunpoint means if you refuse, your brain will be on the table.

We must understand those people would love to murder us for our money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies