Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 09:44 AM

16,572 posts, read 10,679,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Interesting. I've driven into PA a few times over the past few years and didn't notice that. I did see that certain areas of PA are more "blue-collar" than the areas I am generally present in here in my state. But i didn't see that drastic change you speak of. Perhaps from where you are, it does happen.
If you're entering PA from Maryland, it's not particularly noticeable on I-70. On I-95, you go through Delaware first, but as soon as you hit PA, you're smacked in the face with the oil refineries of Marcus Hook and then the urban decay of Chester. But the highway itself looks pretty similar on either side of the state line. But on I-83, coming up from Baltimore heading toward York and Harrisburg, that's when the difference is immediately obvious to me, as soon as you cross the line, especially on the design of the highway itself. I'll give PA credit for finally repaving I-83, so it's not quite as bad as it used to be. But still . . .

Old 11-19-2021, 09:44 AM

13,865 posts, read 8,072,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Anyone have a good working theory as to why we are seeing so many of these blacks attacking Asians videos?

With regards to San Francisco: When refugees from Southeast Asia began arriving during the 70's many were placed in the Bay View Hunters Point public housing. AA made up a majority of the residents living there and didn't dig their new neighbors. It was a disaster from the get-go and in time local officials began moving Asians on public assistance to other areas of the city.

Black hate crimes against Asians are nothing new in SF. They've been going on for decades. What's new is they are now caught on camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gajyEUhrpgA

Old 11-19-2021, 09:46 AM

447 posts, read 322,721 times
Some information updates.

The brave girl is from Princeton and her mum was said to refuse fundraising offer. Her mum said, 'Christina stands out not for herself but for you----all the people who would not tolerate bulling including White, black and Asians.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:46 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,655,894 times
Quote:
Interesting. Based on what you saw then, did the Japanese feel any ethnic kinship with any other Asian nationality?

And what about the Filipinos?
Based on their history the Japanese and Chinese don't have much love lost. There is a lot of cross cultural blending between the two nationalities though. Still they are very different. Kinship? mmmm not so much. Filipinos ae very separate and distinct as Asian culture goes. The different island regions there have trouble feeling any kinship with each other.

The main disparity there being religious in nature. At the end of the day as Asian cultures go the Filipinos have more kinship with the Spanish than they do any other Asian peoples. The regional religious differences are pretty stark and apparent. Catholics and Muslims. The animosity there can't be denied. I never spent any time in any other Asian countries but the PI and Japan so with the Japanese I'm operating on a mix of what I saw and what I've learned about from that mysterious wealth of knowledge artfully concealed in books and from what my Dad who did spend a lot of time in other Asian regions told me.

Asian cultures to anyone who doesn't know any better look the same. Particularly twixt the Japanese Chinese and Koreans. But they are VERY different and distinct in language customs history all of it. I'll go out on the proverbial limb here and say that Pan Asian feelings of kinship are pretty scarce. And the Filipinos are a real standout as a black sheep as Asian cultures go.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:47 AM

1,952 posts, read 832,796 times
Quote:
Anyone have a good working theory as to why we are seeing so many of these blacks attacking Asians videos?

I gave you one...go back and see my posts.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:50 AM

271 posts, read 568,166 times
Quote:
B/c these kids think it's stupid/cool to attack other ppl and want to show it off on worldstarhiphop.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:57 AM

16,572 posts, read 10,679,739 times
Quote:
But if I had to honestly "choose," I'd say that on average, I'd feel less fear around a crowd of Asian males than a crowd of black males (if it were black grandfathers and grandmothers coming out of church with Bibles in hand, I'd feel zero fear - case by case).
Very true, all points. Years ago, a friend of a friend invited her friend and me to come to church with her. There were roughly 400 people in attendance, of whom exactly TWO (my friend and me) were not black. I felt insanely self conscious. But I'll tell you what, the people there could not possibly have been more friendly and welcoming to us.

It's not black skin that causes criminality and dysfunction, and it's not Asian skin that causes educational success and financial prosperity. It's culture. The culture that leads to success and prosperity is available to everyone, of every skin color, here in America. If only everyone would avail themselves of it.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,650,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So you think the “black community” targets asians? Do you target asians?

It has nothing to do with how Asians vote. Stop trying shame Asians for voting choices. This is about a violent, angry subset of Black people in inner cities that attack Asians and anyone else they can.

He's probably speaking to the experiences he's seen and heard about. Why try and invalidate that?

Old 11-19-2021, 10:01 AM

30,512 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
With regards to San Francisco: When refugees from Southeast Asia began arriving during the 70's many were placed in the Bay View Hunters Point public housing. AA made up a majority of the residents living there and didn't dig their new neighbors. It was a disaster from the get-go and in time local officials began moving Asians on public assistance to other areas of the city.

Black hate crimes against Asians are nothing new in SF. They've been going on for decades. What's new is they are now caught on camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gajyEUhrpgA
That sounds correct.

Old 11-19-2021, 10:02 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He's probably speaking to the experiences he's seen and heard about. Why try and invalidate that?
Who is invalidating anything? I asked a question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies