Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2021, 07:46 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
A white male shoots at people who are attacking him and they want to put him away for life.

A black male has several convictions and he's given his 13th chance.

How are people not seeing this?
Well... from what I've seen in the news, social media, and even with what our politicians are saying, I'd say not too many.

It is extremely disturbing how few people are actually putting these things together.

Can anyone on the left, explain this to me ? Is it an agenda ? Are our politicians purposely trying sweep the results of their policies under the rug, and the media helping them to do it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 08:52 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL, oh man, that is funny. What is Black privilege? The privilege to get to spend the rest of his life in prison?

Vs White privilege. The right to hand craft their own all white jury, and have a white judge who will publicly insult the DA and agree with every single thing the defense asks for. Then to have that white sympathetic judge drop any and all charges which might be difficult for the all white jury to find them not guilty of, before the all white jury finds them not guilty of the remaining charges after the defendant cries some crocodile white tears for them?

Does anybody want to make a bet that his Black privilege doesn't earn him the right to run his own raffle to determine which jurors will be dismissed?
Alrighty then. So you're claiming Kyle Rittenhouse's trial was rigged and White supremacists stacked the jury and cherry picked the judge. I guess All the evidence that Rittenhouse is a White supremacist was scrubbed from ALL his electronics (9 warrants issued) and I suppose his Mother burned his SS uniform before the cops got to the house aye?

Sheesh! You rant White this White that WHITE WHITE WHITE ...were you a friend of Darrel Brooks on FB? Hooked up with him on messenger? I can't help but infer from your rant that you have a genuine...dislike...for White people. After all the smearing unfounded accusations twisting of information and outright straight up lies about Rittenhouse put out profusely and daily for over a year the threats against the jury and of violent riots and mayhem if Rittenhouse wasn't convicted yet you can you believe honestly claim the kid was treated special because he's White?

And with a case of obvious guilt of a crime of brutal murder of men women and children by a true varmint and blight on society who is a proudly confessed Black supremacist, racist, hate mongering thug with a criminal record that speaks for itself you can actually infer he's a victim? That he will be treated unjustly and railroaded by systemic racism and White supremacy? Would you have Darrel Brooks released and all charges dropped then? Yeah, I reckon his crimes were justified? A statement against White supremacy. He did specifically target White people and who can blame him aye?

Life in prison is to good for that verminous rodent. All this yowling and wailing that Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted because the judicial system in Kenosha is staffed by White supremacists and using that trying to actually defend even justify Darrel Brooks is beyond disgusting. There is none zero zilch nada evidence at all of racism and hate in Kyle Rittenhouse's background. Because there never was any such things. Darrel Brooks is a different story in a completely different book.

Unlike Rittenhouse his social media and entire life are packed with hatred and violent crime. Oh but he's a victim of the system and will spend the rest of his life in prison just because he's Black? Hell, the media that tried to crucify Rittenhouse is actually blaming Brooks' crime on his vehicle! Trying to make the whole thing just disappear. Sadly it seems to be working. We see it even here as this thread goes further and further down the board every day. Not even conservative leaning media like Fox is giving it any attention.

It may not be "Black privilege" per se driving that but there is special consideration and a dismissal of his crimes happening. "Privilege" is close enough I reckon. If Brooks was any other color besides Black that wouldn't be happening. I'm certainly curious what you might call it.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:02 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
How does that raffle work? I thought you basically pick out of a bucket of who to 'remove' and they become backups. It's not like you look at a picture book and choose who you want, right?

It gives absolute zero control over the selection of jurors. If I was the defendant I would refuse to draw. Not letting anyone put it off on me.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:06 AM

It was nearly an all-white jury that convicted the three white men in Georgia on all counts in the Arbery murder.

Besides, I fail to see how a white jury in Kenosha can deliver a "racist" verdict when all the players were white.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:11 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It was nearly an all-white jury that convicted the three white men in Georgia on all counts in the Arbery murder.
Yeah, people see white supremacy behind every rock and bush because it's been pushed hard as a political narrative.

Repeat something ad nauseum and people start to get scared. There is even a term for it called "Summer of the Shark" where the media went wild with shark attack stories one summer 20 years ago.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:15 AM

1,436 posts, read 668,771 times
Quote:
It gives absolute zero control over the selection of jurors. If I was the defendant I would refuse to draw. Not letting anyone put it off on me.
The jury is already selected. It eliminates the alternates. That's it.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:15 AM

6,675 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
I see, thank you.

I only asked because someone mentioned that Rittenhouse Hand picked his Jury and I was like.,.what?
That can't be right.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:31 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Oh, I believe our lefty pals SEE it perfectly clear. The real question is why are they are ok with it?

Myself, I do not need an answer to that question. ANYONE who chooses to back this leftist crap is anti-American and automatically an enemy of this formerly great country and an enemy of mine.

I went through several years of trying to 'understand' these people. That time is over.
It depends on which "lefty pals" one refers to.

If one refers to average, next-door neighbor types who are registered Democrats and vote Democrat most if not all of the time, but who are otherwise harmless, decent, working adults who bother nobody and who commit no crimes - then these people as a whole mean well but are oftentimes terribly misinformed. Many of them simply lack the time, the willingness, and the curiousity to do independent research and rely instead on CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Salon, The Nation, etc.

And among those from this group who DO try to study harder and to find alternative sources if they ever develop suspicions, not too many of them possess the courage to work through any cognitive dissonance they encounter. Their egos prevent them from recognizing they've been had. Interestingly, however, during the Trump presidency, many of them did just that; this is what the #WalkAway movement was all about, even though not all those who "walked away" from the Democratic Party become conservatives or Republicans or Trump voters (although some definitely did).

However, there are other "lefty pals" who, while being our neighbors, while being educated, family-oriented, and employed full-time, have agendas from which they will not deviate. They tend to be extremely political; they've read history, to their credit, but they subscribe to hard-left ideology. They defend critical race theory, believe in Cultural Marxism, talk with terms such as "oppressed" and "marginalized" and "anti-blackness" and "white supremacy." These people - I've met some - tend to be exceedingly resistant to any facts that challenge what they believe; they are profoundly convinced they know more than most people because of what they've read and how much they have read, and theirs is a pride that however huge and stubborn, will crack at the slightest confrontation with a conservative who knows his facts and who will refute whatever the said "lefty pal" presents. These "lefty pals" tend to be so insecure that they aggressively shun "friends" who are conservative and who are outspoken, and they do not hesitate to block/unfriend on social media because they consider their social media platforms sacrosanct pulpits from which they preach their leftist sermons, and woe be unto the conservative or skeptic who writers/offers facts and arguments which at the least challenge leftist ideology and narrative and at worst debunk them. These "lefty pals" talk about tolerance but their zeal towards their beliefs is no less ardent than the most fanatical of religious commitments, and they treat "infidels" and "apostates" with no mercy.

This is partly why "doxing" and "cancel culture" exist today - those who perpetrate it believe they're doing humanity by making those guilty of "wrongthink" suffer. It's not that they don't know that being exposed, losing one's job, etc., isn't problematic for he who suffers it; it's that they think the said person is immoral and deserves to suffer for voicing thoughts and ideas one should never have been allowed to hold to start with.

Then, at last, there are the worst of the worst; the high-ranking cadres of the party, the true believers who reach positions of power. These are Ayanna Pressley, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, and other miscreants and hypocrites who advocate defunding the police while living in luxury and enjoying armed protection. These are those who know most of what both leftists and conservatives know and nonetheless push ludicrous ideas such as affirmative action, minimum wage laws, the ending of bail, no prosecution for thefts below an amount like $950 or $1,000, and such.

The funny thing about "lefty pals" - primarily the second and third categories - is that as a whole, leftists who scream, harp, complain, and babble about inequality and the ostensible built-in unfairness of society which targets certain people groups are characterized by feelings of inferiority, and they demand the state and society solve the problems of every individual, basically because leftists hate competition as deep within they know they can't compete.

And an irony about "lefty pals" in their constant shouting in defense of people groups they deem to be marginalized or oppressed (women or minorities or illegal aliens) is that they identify strongly with them, and do so because they consider these groups to be inferior. I do not say they are inferior; but, I say they identify with and so strongly defend those groups exactly because they see those groups as inferior.

That's why "lefty pals" refuse to address double standards which exist today as you pointed out. They will refuse to hear troublesome statistics published by federal authorities every year - statistics concerning which people group commits the most crime.

Once one understands the psychology, the means and methods, the beliefs, and of course, the objectives of "lefty pals," it makes sense why they are so hypocritical and nonsensical.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I see, thank you.

I only asked because someone mentioned that Rittenhouse Hand picked his Jury and I was like.,.what?
That can't be right.

I'm not sure why they even do it that way, which I understand is normal for that court. Some kind of traditional ritual?

Btw, I believe his attorney said later that 4 of the 6 Kyle eliminated were jurors the defense would have preferred to have on the jury.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:38 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL, oh man, that is funny. What is Black privilege? The privilege to get to spend the rest of his life in prison?

Vs White privilege. The right to hand craft their own all white jury, and have a white judge who will publicly insult the DA and agree with every single thing the defense asks for. Then to have that white sympathetic judge drop any and all charges which might be difficult for the all white jury to find them not guilty of, before the all white jury finds them not guilty of the remaining charges after the defendant cries some crocodile white tears for them?

Does anybody want to make a bet that his Black privilege doesn't earn him the right to run his own raffle to determine which jurors will be dismissed?
If I may offer a guess - I think that poster is referring to the fact that it's far more socially dangerous to openly criticize blacks than it is to do so against whites in this country at this time.

Furthermore, there are double-standards at play, and the poster whom you quoted noticed them. I have noticed them as well, and they're not conducive to harmony between people groups in this multi-ethnic country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies