Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2022, 11:21 AM

19,772 posts, read 10,217,057 times

Advertisements

I can't remember the name of it, but I saw a video a few weeks back where the owner of car ferries all over the world, says there has been no rise in sea level any where that they have ferries. He said it would have affected their business so they keep an eye on such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2022, 08:11 PM

1,840 posts, read 686,220 times
I agree with the OP, politically. The cause is not helping the Democrats.

When Andrew Yang was on the debate stage in one of the earlier debates during the last Democratic primary and asked the question, he actually said it's too late and just provided a plan to relocate Americans affected by it. More sensible.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/andrew...-higher-ground

In reality, the Democrats could just focus on working and middle class issues, but they chose to taken on complicated problems with complicated solutions that Republicans know to stay clear from. Even if the Republicans ultimately agreed, India and China won't. India would be far more affected by heat waves, droughts too and has a massive population to deal with.

Old 03-26-2022, 06:16 AM

35,422 posts, read 17,334,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post

When Andrew Yang was on the debate stage in one of the earlier debates during the last Democratic primary and asked the question, he actually said it's too late and just provided a plan to relocate Americans affected by it. More sensible.

In reality, the Democrats could just focus on working and middle class issues, but they chose to taken on complicated problems with complicated solutions that Republicans know to stay clear from. Even if the Republicans ultimately agreed, India and China won't. India would be far more affected by heat waves, droughts too and has a massive population to deal with.
Also, people of common sense know that the solutions are unaffordable by working and middle class people, and frequently visionary and impractical.

Old 03-26-2022, 06:18 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,416,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I can't remember the name of it, but I saw a video a few weeks back where the owner of car ferries all over the world, says there has been no rise in sea level any where that they have ferries. He said it would have affected their business so they keep an eye on such things.
Then why is the Navy relocating shipyards in Philadelphia and other ports. The military prepared an entire report on the impact of climate change, oil companies like Exxon have done the same.

I have to wonder about your ferry video, just put in a search for ferry and sea level rise and you will see around 50 locations impacted.

Last edited by Goodnight; 03-26-2022 at 06:26 AM..

Old 03-26-2022, 07:01 AM

9,337 posts, read 16,723,792 times
A week before Biden announced this climate control initiative pushing EV, Pelosi's husband, Paul, bought $3M in Tesla. I'm sure most of our "honest and trustworthy" Congress did the same, investing in windmills, solar, etc. Once the announcement was made the stocks shot up. Yeah they care about Americans.

No one is walking about the ability to recycle the EV batteries, the charging stations in your home, recycling Windmills, which are laying in the deserts rotting.

Climate Change is important but you can't throw a switch and the world will change.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:03 AM

18,759 posts, read 8,479,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Then why is the Navy relocating shipyards in Philadelphia and other ports. The military prepared an entire report on the impact of climate change, oil companies like Exxon have done the same.

I have to wonder about your ferry video, just put in a search for ferry and sea level rise and you will see around 50 locations impacted.
ok, so I did.....

"According to the state Department of Environmental Conservation, New York has experienced a foot of sea-level rise since 1900"

https://sagharborexpress.com/ferries...by-rising-sea/

less than 1 foot a century is exactly what it's always been.....and it will be less than a foot in the next 100 years...global warming has had no effect on sea level rise

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sl...tml?id=8518750

so big whoopee....if it was built over 100 years ago....they need to raise it 1 foot

Old 03-26-2022, 07:12 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,820,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post

Democrats don't have a viable solution to any of the middle class issues.

The middle class generally wants the government to stop wasting their money and leave them alone.

Democrats are the party of government waste.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:15 AM

35,422 posts, read 17,334,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
A week before Biden announced this climate control initiative pushing EV, Pelosi's husband, Paul, bought $3M in Tesla. I'm sure most of our "honest and trustworthy" Congress did the same, investing in windmills, solar, etc. Once the announcement was made the stocks shot up. Yeah they care about Americans.

No one is walking about the ability to recycle the EV batteries, the charging stations in your home, recycling Windmills, which are laying in the deserts rotting.

Climate Change is important but you can't throw a switch and the world will change.
Yep. In 1933 we didn't panic or flail at "climate change", see Climate Change - 1933 Style.

Old 03-26-2022, 02:06 PM

18,537 posts, read 9,231,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Democrats don't have a viable solution to any of the middle class issues.

The middle class generally wants the government to stop wasting their money and leave them alone.

Democrats are the party of government waste.
How much money did the Republicans waste on Iraq and Afghanistan? It’s not just the Democrats.

Government waste = truckloads of free money for people with the right connections. So you can bet it will never stop, regardless of which party is in power.

Old 03-26-2022, 02:11 PM

52,426 posts, read 52,966,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
How much money did the Republicans waste on Iraq and Afghanistan? It’s not just the Democrats.

Government waste = truckloads of free money for people with the right connections. So you can bet it will never stop, regardless of which party is in power.
I rarely if ever agree with your posts but there is some truth here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies