Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2021, 09:53 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times

Advertisements

Its a shame that DA's are politcally corrupt and arent trusted to make decent decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 09:55 AM

4,168 posts, read 4,882,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Its a shame that DA's are politcally corrupt and arent trusted to make decent decisions.
It's not over yet....they are still investigating the case.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:04 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I remember the two lawyers holding guns defending their home from antifa and BlM. should antifa or BLM shoot those two lawyers?
They had to get a pardon from the Governor to get out of their mess. Only the fact they had political connections got out of it. Most wouldn't have that connection.

If someone is threating me from outside my home I would call police stay inside. If the break the door down then I would open fire. I have no desire to shoot people even criminals if I can find another way to avoid shooting someone I would always take that route.

Confronting people with guns is risky business that could turn out badly for you. Just look at the McMichael's father and son both likely to get life in prison leaving behind a wife, and Travis's child. Father and Son will never be able to speak to one another again usually regulations criminals who were convicted together have no contact. Roddy Bryan even if he gets the minimum 30 years that is a death sentence for him as well as for Greg McMichael. All over someone trespassing in a home that none of these guys had an interest in.

Arbery shooting was unusual most of the time chasing someone down is not common, but what is more common is shooting it out with someone your bullet misses kills a 3rd person not involved maybe a neighbor of yours.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:11 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
The article says "allegedly" intentionally hit the motorcycle. The motorcyclist then followed her home and was on her property most likely threatening her and when she attempted to defend herself and her children, the motorcyclist murdered her.
Now I realize there are motorcycle riders on here that will automatically blame the automobile driver every time for everything but you gotta admit there's violent self righteous lunatics in the motorcyclist community. And when traveling in groups of motorcycles there's a certain pack mentality of arrogance and intimidation that overcomes some riders. Let's call it the Easy Rider/Hell's Angles/Outlaw Biker syndrome.

So before all you bully bikers and blue hairs on harleys start braying about self defense you need to check yourselves.
You're a LOT more likely to have a problem with rice rocket riders. It ain't the 60s anymore get a clue.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:25 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
The article says "allegedly" intentionally hit the motorcycle. The motorcyclist then followed her home and was on her property most likely threatening her and when she attempted to defend herself and her children, the motorcyclist murdered her.
Now I realize there are motorcycle riders on here that will automatically blame the automobile driver every time for everything but you gotta admit there's violent self righteous lunatics in the motorcyclist community. And when traveling in groups of motorcycles there's a certain pack mentality of arrogance and intimidation that overcomes some riders. Let's call it the Easy Rider/Hell's Angles/Outlaw Biker syndrome.

So before all you bully bikers and blue hairs on harleys start braying about self defense you need to check yourselves.
Um, no, you should read the supplied links. The motorcyclist and the independent witness were on public property (the street). They weren't threatening her at all-in fact they were on the phone with 911 dispatch when she attacked the 2nd time. And where do you get that there was a "pack" of motorcyclists? That's nowhere in the links. Why do you lie and make up stories? Trying for a position with CNN or MSNBC?

Old 11-28-2021, 10:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Um...you should read the links. Confirmed by witnesses.

She was secured in a 2-ton steel cage. He was unprotected on a motorcycle. He wasn't a threat, she was. Oh, in case you didn't figure it out-it's pretty hard for one motorcyclist to "surround" someone in a car.

And?

She committed at least assault with a deadly weapon. And then tried to run after the assault. She then went into her house, where she could have stayed. Instead she left the house and threatened the rider and an independent witness on public property (in the road). By all reports, the woman was a violent nutcase, that thought having weapons (a car and a gun) gave her the right to attack anyone she felt like.
Were the witnesses his friends?

My husband rides a motorcycle, so I'm very empathetic to the danger of riding a motorcycle.

But I'm having a hard time believing that unprovoked, this woman purposely hit a man on a motorcycle who was surrounded by his motorcycle buddies. It's just hard to believe. Unless she was frightened and felt trapped.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:29 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
From your link...

She deliberately ran into them with her 2-ton weapon-violation 1.
She deliberately left the scene of the accident, as reported by witnesses. Violation 2
The riders and witness followed her to identify her for LE. THEY STAYED IN THE ROADWAY. She went inside, retrieved a firearm and left the house. Violation 4.
She pointed it at the victim, who was on public property. STOP THE THREAT.

Nutjobs lie and make up stories about motorcyclists nearly as much as they do children wearing MAGA hats.

By the way, the assailant confronted the motorcyclist and the witness with a gun, while they were on public property and talking on the phone with 911 dispatch. Glad the victim had a means of defending himself from this violent nut.

https://twitter.com/mspringerwftv/st...295047/photo/1
Allegedly, he and the other biker(s) caught up with her before she'd made it home and told her that they'd called the cops and asked her to pull over to wait on them to show up. She'd refused and continued driving off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Oh whose word do we have the story that she intentionally hit him with her car?

And why did she do that? What were the circumstances? Was she surrounded and perceived a threat?

His bike was apparently drivable after the incident, and he was unharmed enough to continue riding.
Allegedly, his bike was too damaged to ride, since it appears that he'd ridden on the back of another bike.

There's not much at all to this story yet to point fingers at either party.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:30 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,360 times
Women don't take on 3 guys by pulling out a gun unless they are being threatened.
There's far more to this story than meets the eye.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:31 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Oh whose word do we have the story that she intentionally hit him with her car?
Police and the witnesses who tried to get her to stop. Just like it says in the HEADLINE of the article, which you obviously didn't read, and the quote from the article PROVIDED IN THE OP, which you also obviously didn't read.

Quote:
And why did she do that? What were the circumstances? Was she surrounded and perceived a threat?
She went home after leaving the scene of an accident she caused, retrieved a gun and pointed it at her victim. Those are the circumstances. Nobody will ever know why. Once again, this information is readily available to anyone interested enough to ask the question, as the answer was provided IN THE OP.

Quote:
His bike was apparently drivable after the incident, and he was unharmed enough to continue riding.
At least you're perceptive enough to catch that, eh?

Old 11-28-2021, 10:31 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Were the witnesses his friends?

My husband rides a motorcycle, so I'm very empathetic to the danger of riding a motorcycle.

But I'm having a hard time believing that unprovoked, this woman purposely hit a man on a motorcycle who was surrounded by his motorcycle buddies. It's just hard to believe. Unless she was frightened and felt trapped.
Um...the links describe "independent witnesses". There is no indication that they were with him, or even on bikes for that matter, as far as I saw. If you have different info, please provide a link. And where do you get that he was "surrounded by his motorcycle buddies"? We know she was surrounded by 2 tons of steel...and (according to articles) rammed an unprotected person on a motorcycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies