Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2021, 03:03 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Everyone here seems intent on blaming the guys on the bike when it was the ladies fault. The story I read didn't say three guys on motorcycles were chasing her, it was two guys on same bike. They attempted to stop her and she sped off, she went home and got a gun and confronted them, they were the innocent ones. If she didn't want to harm them, then don't point a gun, pretty simple. She wasn't defending herself, the smart thing would have been to have stayed inside the house.

If she was in fear, you call the cops and stay in the house until they arrive, you don't grab a gun and play hero. The guy on the bike was the one who called the cops. Everything I read shows it to be her fault entirely. Too many of you are making up things to support your theory. She was the bad guy, now she isn't any more.
It sounds like many of you are thinking because someone was riding a motorcycle they were a biker gang. Not so at all in this case..
That is the problem right there.. it is slanted against her. I know that stories are reported wrong all the time. It just does not add up to me. He could have been the 100% jerk who murdered her . He is the only one telling the story and he himself has to cover for himself.

I know it was three against one. Not good right there. Chasing her down. I would look into his background. I would want to know more about him. Get her plate number and back the heck off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 03:08 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It was three men who followed her to her home and she did call 911, saying that she felt threatened. imo, she should have stayed inside the house.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/volu...LHWBFRZWWNOVE/
Says in the link they called 911.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:33 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Says in the link they called 911.
Both Derr and Morales called 911. For some reason the Newsweek article only mentions the biker/witnesses calling.

Old 11-28-2021, 04:26 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
If someone deliberately hit me on a bike, damn right I would follow them home. Consider that the woman who deliberately hit the biker had actually just tried to kill him. Assuming that she did actually deliberately hit him. But what does makes sense is that the motorist has a hissy road rage and deliberately hits the biker with her car. That can happen. Once home and the bikers having followed her, she goes and gets a gun and comes out and points the gun at the biker. That would be consistent with road rage.

The biker having a gun pointed at him by someone who had earlier hit him with her car can reasonably assume she was intent on shooting him.

Why didn't she call 911? Why didn't she lock herself in her house (and call 911)? All consistent with road rage.

One can reasonably expect that the biker was not anticipating her going indoors to get a gun and coming out again with it. At that point he would have realized he's just walked into a lions den and is in big trouble! So he shoots to protect himself. Very reasonable.

And very unfortunate. But the fact that the bikers called 911 is proof that they did not intend to harm her, only to get justice for her attempt on his life. And the fact that she came out with a gun only adds to her previous attempt on his life.

There are of course a number of 'if onlys' here. But in the end, she was the aggressor!
Do we only have the bikers word on that though? How about she accidentally hit him, he followed her home and threatened her, she pointed her gun for self defence so he shot her? I admit I haven't read the story but could this be a possibility?
These things happen when every c*** has a gun in their pocket, house or car. That's why such a huge amount of people in the US get shot to death every year.

Old 11-28-2021, 04:35 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
The woman called 911 and said the men were threatening her.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:05 AM

2,018 posts, read 866,715 times
I ride a Harley. If someone hits me on purpose, I get the tag number and call the police. If I survive the impact. Usually no fender benders on a bike. I would not chase a car on my bike for obvious reasons. You will lose that battle. I'm also a gun owner. This is tragic and this guy has to live with his stupid decision to follow this woman home and kill her.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:08 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,047 times
Road rage is all the rage these days.
Lots of stories of both outright aggressive behavior and it's close cousin, passive aggressive behavior. People suck.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:15 AM

1,706 posts, read 637,010 times
Oh well, she died doing what she loved, being an idiot. Hope she learned a lesson.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:20 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Sounds like another Darwin award winner.

A hit and run is bad enough but to then pull a gun? Well, she won't do it again.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:21 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
People who assault 2-wheelers with their cars are the biggest cowards in the world.
Yep. I've only had someone seriously come after me in 40 years of motorcycle riding. It was on a multi-lane highway during rush hour. To this day, I don't know what I did that incurred their wrath. Fortunately, other motorists saw what was going on and used their cars to block him in so I could escape to safety. It was pretty scary to think that someone was willing to kill me over a perceived traffic infraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies