Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 05:45 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,608,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Always road rage in Florida what is the deal with that state.
It's a domestic and international melting pot.

When you get people from all walks of life, crammed into a small area, those same people with drastically different ideologies, manifests some crazy outcomes. Road Rage is one of them

Last edited by jdaelectro; 11-27-2021 at 06:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 05:48 PM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Is trying to run over a motorcyclist ever right though?

Exactly, using a vehicle as a deadly weapon. Why did she do this ?

Old 11-27-2021, 05:54 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,155,727 times
Quote:
She could have driven to the nearest police station if she was concerned for her safety. Did she call 911 on her way home?
According to the report, the bikers called the police not her.

Old 11-27-2021, 05:54 PM

830 posts, read 1,541,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Because she was pregnant, I wonder if she had a severe hormone imbalance that affected her brain.
Her behavior just seems so out of character for a typical librarian but we only got bits and pieces of what actually happened.
Have you ever actually known a librarian? The stereotype does not match reality, at all, in most cases. I’m not saying most librarians would go out and intentionally run down a biker, but that they are just as likely to do that as are members from pretty much any other profession, if not more….

Edit: Also based on local coverage, she was a library assistant, not a librarian. There’s a difference. (Not that one would be more likely to harm someone in a hit and run! But the jobs and required level of education are usually quite different. It’s one of these weird situations in which everyone who works in a certain setting is more often than not considered by the public to have the same job.)

I will say that when pregnant I have become seriously forgetful, and other things. Just confused and absent-minded. I don’t think that’s really an excuse here, but who knows. I hope it’s not just blindly assumed to be the case.

Last edited by cowbell76; 11-27-2021 at 06:09 PM..

Old 11-27-2021, 05:57 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,051,692 times
So which one was acting in 'self defence'? What you need in the US is more guns, that way maybe one of the neighbours could have shot the biker before he shot the woman!

Old 11-27-2021, 06:00 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Quote:
She could have driven to the nearest police station if she was concerned for her safety. Did she call 911 on her way home?
She may not have known they were following her. I ride a harley and no one intentionally tried to hit me. There are many biker accidents and it is by error , not seeing them or biker not seeing the driver of the car.

Never had a road rage incident either, not any of my biker friends. Some have been hit behind for a car following too close and a quick stop. I am going by what I know . There are some bikers who are aggressive and I have seen that too. The guy was packing a gun. He is out for a ride. Three big bad guys following a woman..too aggressive for three bikers. When she came out with the gun, they should have left.

A friend was filming a gathering at a local hangout and a biker knocked the camera out of his hand, someone stepped in and said, watch out, he is packing. I have seen some bikers who think they are big and bad , not many but some biker club kind of guys like to throw their weight around. But most bikers are decent folks. If I remember right, they were the Pagans.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:03 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,412,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I'm not buying it First I don't think she intentionally hit the guy. Then she goes home to have three bikers follow her instead of calling the police , after getting her plate number.. they were out for a confrontation and she being scared got her gun.

What woman would not be scared to have three bikers follow them home . It sounds more like she was defending herself from them. Then the man shot her . I don't think she wanted to shoot three guys. She wanted to self protect herself and he killed her out of anger.
Instinct tells me Taratova is correct. However we don't know all the facts. She may have done road rage, or maybe she hit him by accident. Maybe she was scared of him being a biker and fact is even the honest citizen who dresses like a biker can provoke a image, sorry but that is just true like those who dress like a gangsta provoke a image right or wrong. Maybe the guy yelled hostile things at her, scaring her.

So maybe she fled to her house out of fear, and maybe though not a wise choice seeing them at her house tried to scare them and came outside. Should she have called cops instead? yes.

Or maybe she really did intentionally hit him, fact is we will never get her side of the story now.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:05 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,451,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
She was crazy to intentionally hit the guy on the motorcycle. But I think she did not aim to injure him severely, and didn't totally run him over. If she did, there's no way the biker can still get up and follow her.

And then she finds people chasing her and they arrive at her house. At this point she was probably more scared than angry. I think she went back out with the gun thinking that would frighten off the people. She did not count on the other guy also having a gun. And in any case, you just don't point a gun at somebody. If you do, it means you are about to kill. Real life is not like in the movies.
There is no "hitting to lightly injure" a 2-wheeler or a pedestrian. Your car is a deadly weapon to anyone else not in a car. You cannot control if their head hits the pavement, and if it does, it's lights out and you've committed a homicide. It's like "shooting to maim", legally it does not work.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:08 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,451,650 times
Why would she drive home after an accident, if it wasn't intentional? If she feared for her life, why not grab the gun and hide inside? As far as I know the shooter did not attempt to enter her house. Doesn't make sense.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:17 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,202,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Why would she drive home after an accident, if it wasn't intentional? If she feared for her life, why not grab the gun and hide inside? As far as I know the shooter did not attempt to enter her house. Doesn't make sense.
They could have went off on her.. like this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGSsDxG6TAE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies