Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2021, 08:23 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
When I was growing up I always thought it was the California freeways that were open season for road rage shootouts.

But it seems Florida shall not be outdone! Not Today!
California is another place I wouldn't care to drive on the freeway. One thing that gets to me is pushy, aggressive driving, and the violence that could come with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 08:35 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
They didn't "Chase her down", they followed her and attempted to stop her, just exactly what you would have done if someone hit your car when you were driving along and then took off.. You(I use the collective you) continue to phrase it as if they were terrorists out looking for trouble and wanted to kill someone. They were innocent guys who were victims of hit and run and wanting her to stop so they could exchange info, just as everyone one of you would have done. She refused to stop so they followed her, perfectly reasonable and legal. The lady was nuts to begin with to hit and run, and exacerbated the situation by confronting them with a gun..! Wait for the results, you will find out they were the good guys, she was the villain. She took the cure...

It was three men who followed her to her home and she did call 911, saying that she felt threatened. imo, she should have stayed inside the house.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/volu...LHWBFRZWWNOVE/

Old 11-27-2021, 08:38 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Everyone here seems intent on blaming the guys on the bike when it was the ladies fault. The story I read didn't say three guys on motorcycles were chasing her, it was two guys on same bike. They attempted to stop her and she sped off, she went home and got a gun and confronted them, they were the innocent ones. If she didn't want to harm them, then don't point a gun, pretty simple. She wasn't defending herself, the smart thing would have been to have stayed inside the house.

If she was in fear, you call the cops and stay in the house until they arrive, you don't grab a gun and play hero. The guy on the bike was the one who called the cops. Everything I read shows it to be her fault entirely. Too many of you are making up things to support your theory. She was the bad guy, now she isn't any more.
It sounds like many of you are thinking because someone was riding a motorcycle they were a biker gang. Not so at all in this case..
Wow grumpy, for once I agree with you. Miracles do happen lol

Old 11-27-2021, 08:48 PM

Local news stating Morales called 911 saying three men were being aggressive and threatening and followed her to her home.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:54 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It was three men who followed her to her home and she did call 911, saying that she felt threatened. imo, she should have stayed inside the house.

This is what reading the news will do for you. In the site you posted, one place it says she called 911, in another place it says the guy(s) were on the phone with 911 when shots rang out. I guess this is why we get into arguments, we read the news..!

Old 11-27-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
This is what reading the news will do for you. In the site you posted, one place it says she called 911, in another place it says the guy(s) were on the phone with 911 when shots rang out. I guess this is why we get into arguments, we read the news..!
If you watch the local news video that I linked the reporter states that the 911 calls were just released hours earlier and the victim did call. You can hear Morales’s mother getting on the line saying her daughter has been shot. Do you think she ran over to the phone of the guy who just fired 7-8 shots at her daughter?

Old 11-27-2021, 11:07 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So by your logic, is it OK for drivers to hit, oh, say, young black males wearing hoodies? Because, lets face it, they commit far more crimes and are far more of a danger to the average citizen than the average motorcyclist. Certainly people are justified to see them as scary, right?

The rider was on a 2 wheeled motorcycle, with no protection around him. She was driving a two ton weapon-he posed no threat and she was not justified in trying to run him over-based on what we are told in the article anyway.
I didn't say that, read again. What I said was it hasn't been determined as fact that she intentionally struck the cycle, we are only getting one side of the story and now we will never get her side.

What I said was it might have been a accident and the one on the bike might have said things or jestered that scared her off, and once again sorry but it is true that looks give off a vibe, I didn't say that was the way it should be but it is just fact.

Or maybe she did hit him intentionally, we don't have all the facts.

And for the record I look like Ozzy Osbourne, if I had a dime for every time someone asked me where to get some weed, I'd have a few coins saved. One time a cop pulled me over and he swore he smelled weed on me lol. I don't smoke it, but I give off a vibe that I do, if it bothered me I'd cut my hair, looks and how you present yourself matter like it or not in the real world I'm not sating its right to pre judge but it is what it is.

Old 11-27-2021, 11:41 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I'm not buying it First I don't think she intentionally hit the guy. Then she goes home to have three bikers follow her instead of calling the police , after getting her plate number.. they were out for a confrontation and she being scared got her gun.

What woman would not be scared to have three bikers follow them home . It sounds more like she was defending herself from them. Then the man shot her . I don't think she wanted to shoot three guys. She wanted to self protect herself and he killed her out of anger.
Yet she made it into her house and then came back out.
He did shoot after she pointed her gun at him.
She did not leave him much of a choice at that point.

Old 11-27-2021, 11:45 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
She may not have known they were following her. I ride a harley and no one intentionally tried to hit me. There are many biker accidents and it is by error , not seeing them or biker not seeing the driver of the car.

Never had a road rage incident either, not any of my biker friends. Some have been hit behind for a car following too close and a quick stop. I am going by what I know . There are some bikers who are aggressive and I have seen that too. The guy was packing a gun. He is out for a ride. Three big bad guys following a woman..too aggressive for three bikers. When she came out with the gun, they should have left.

A friend was filming a gathering at a local hangout and a biker knocked the camera out of his hand, someone stepped in and said, watch out, he is packing. I have seen some bikers who think they are big and bad , not many but some biker club kind of guys like to throw their weight around. But most bikers are decent folks. If I remember right, they were the Pagans.
Which she should not have done.

Old 11-27-2021, 11:54 PM

21,872 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
They could have went off on her.. like this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGSsDxG6TAE
LOL at the video. The old lady in women's clothes with long hair in a braid on the back of a Harley is in fact a woman.

People be crazy. Don't pull your gun unless you're going to shoot. If you come out waving a gun around and anyone has time to put you down, you're doing it wrong. Stay in the house in a defensive position and take out anything that comes in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies