Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2021, 01:33 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,020,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It was all imaginary, because you never provided links to any police report, you just insulted me for not having read them. You should have provided them yesterday when I inquired about them, instead of whining about it here.

We do not have all the facts yet.

1) did she intentionally hit him? If so, who says so, Derr and his friends?

2) Did Derr flash his gun at her as he followed her home?

3) We cannot even get a clear point on whether she was pregnant or not?

The first two points are important, and we do not have any clear facts on them. We probably won't until there is a trial. Hearsay are not necessarily facts, especially if that hearsay comes from the man who shot her, or his buddies
1. She did hit him. Intentionally or not she still did and fled.

2. Any reason to think that he did flash his firearm?

3. Pregnant or not it really doesnt change anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 01:36 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Link please?
You are the person I saw posting about someone else claiming he flashed his gun on the street. I cannot comment on it, but you can?

Old 12-04-2021, 01:39 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
1. She did hit him. Intentionally or not she still did and fled.

2. Any reason to think that he did flash his firearm?

3. Pregnant or not it really doesnt change anything.
I'm gonna guess she hit his bike, but I am not going to assume she did it intentionally. People hit bikers all the time, they just don't look out for them.

Someone claimed he flashed his gun, is that true or not, if so, it would matter.

Her being pregnant might account for a rise in her emotional state, that's all.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:44 PM

14,327 posts, read 11,724,157 times
Quote:
Agreed. she should have stayed in the house. She agitated an already tense situation by coming out of the house with a gun. But wasn't he also responsible for escalating tensions beforehand, by following her to her home, and standing out front of her house. If he had not followed her, and confronted her like that, if he had parked a few houses down and waited for the police, would she have felt the need to get her gun?
If she hadn't hit him, he wouldn't have followed her. We can keep going like this for quite a while. If, if, if.

If it's not okay to threaten someone by pointing a gun at them, the buck stops there. No one made her do that.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:45 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,020,156 times
Quote:
I'm gonna guess she hit his bike, but I am not going to assume she did it intentionally. People hit bikers all the time, they just don't look out for them.

Someone claimed he flashed his gun, is that true or not, if so, it would matter.

Her being pregnant might account for a rise in her emotional state, that's all.
It doesnt matter if it was intentionally or not. She did hit it and fled. The crime is the same.

Please find a reliable source stating that he flashed his firearm at her. You are the first to be stating this.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:09 PM

14,496 posts, read 12,141,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If she felt so threatened inside her home, why did she come out aiming a gun at them?
I don't know. Maybe it seemed more proactive to face the threat than hide. It might have seemed like that to me.

It was a fatally flawed plan, obviously. Anyone can see that, now.

I don't defend everything she did as smart or wise or well-executed. But she's not alone in that.... other people also made questionable decisions that day, IMHO.

If it is possible she had a justified right to self defense... then what does that do to him? Is it possible for two people to BOTH think they have a legitimate right to self defense? It's possible they're both wrong, or only one of them... but can they both be right?

Now... let me be clear about something, so that maybe I can save you from feeling like you need to harangue me again because my opinion doesn't mirror your own. I am just musing about possibilities and legal and moral decisions brought up by this circumstance, for possible better understanding of human nature, and self-defense considerations. I am under NO illusion that my opinion really makes a difference to the case, or to you. I'm only answering because it was an interesting question for me.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I don't know. Maybe it seemed more proactive to face the threat than hide. It might have seemed like that to me.

It was a fatally flawed plan, obviously. Anyone can see that, now.

I don't defend everything she did as smart or wise or well-executed. But she's not alone in that.... other people also made questionable decisions that day, IMHO.

If it is possible she had a justified right to self defense... then what does that do to him? Is it possible for two people to BOTH think they have a legitimate right to self defense? It's possible they're both wrong, or only one of them... but can they both be right?

Now... let me be clear about something, so that maybe I can save you from feeling like you need to harangue me again because my opinion doesn't mirror your own. I am just musing about possibilities and legal and moral decisions brought up by this circumstance, for possible better understanding of human nature, and self-defense considerations. I am under NO illusion that my opinion really makes a difference to the case, or to you. I'm only answering because it was an interesting question for me.
She aimed her gun first as he and witnesses waited on the road. Only when she did that did he defend himself.

She wasn’t right from the beginning and she wasn’t right at the end. Nothing would’ve happened had she not been wrong.

If what he did was at all legal he’d have been arrested. She obvious has no morals, especially if she was indeed pregnant, hit and run could’ve killed someone, and her and possible baby could’ve been injured. She’s obviously a rager with no regards for most anyone but herself.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:30 PM

1,158 posts, read 962,214 times
Floridiots with guns....

Old 12-04-2021, 02:34 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
No need to be rude. I have not seen "the facts." I've literally been asking for them for days now. No one links any facts, all they do is claim to have them, and then insult people for not having seen their secret stash of facts.

I'm suspect of your "facts." From your link:

Witnesses say Morales then fled the scene despite being asked to stop and wait for police, but Derr and other witnesses followed her. Police say Morales drove to her home, went inside and called 911.

So who was this witness? The article classified Derr as one of the witnesses, was Derr the witness who said she 'intentionally' hit him, or was it one of his motorcycle buddies?

these articles also say she was pregnant. so far, al i see is a lot of contradicting statements, statements which might be coming only from Derr and his ridding buddies. So, forgive me if I'm still not willing to pick sides and insult other people for refusing to believe in the so called facts your links provided.

You seem to like to ignore posted links providing documentation about facts, and instead provide fantasies. Lets review this one yet another time. (and if you can fault anything-please provide links to do so)

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/an...nicole-morales

Quote:
“According to the investigation and independent witnesses that actually tried to get her to stop, and these are people that do not know Mr. Derr, she had swerved into him without making contact, and he said, ‘Hey… you almost hit me!’” Sampsell said. “She pulled up beside him and hit his motorcycle as he was going down the road, intentionally.”

Sampsell said they had search warrants to examine the Kia and motorcycle, finding evidence that Morales sideswiped Derr’s motorcycle with the driver’s side of her car, prompting witnesses to try and stop Morales.
She assaulted him not once, but twice with a deadly weapon. The first time he managed to take evasive action and avoid contact, the second time he wasn't so lucky. Her actions were very likely to cause him to wreck, resulting at the least severe injury or death. He was extremely lucky to stay on the bike and avoid injury. I lost a friend to an accident when he went down on the highway. The same could very readily have happened here as a result of her assault.

Quote:
“Morales went into her house and re-emerged a short time later,” according to the release. “Morales confronted the witnesses and Derr as they were on the phone with 911. Morales pointed a handgun at the witnesses and Derr.”

Shortly before the shooting, Morales allegedly yelled, “You followed me to my house,” according to 911 audio cited by Law & Crime. “You are three men, and you followed me!”

“She tried to pull a gun on me,” a man said in the audio.

Oxygen.com spoke with Lt. Jason Sampsell of the Orange City Police Department, who said independent witnesses supported Derr’s account of events, including Morales’s own mother.
You do see the part about "independent witnesses", right? Independent witnesses, including the violent criminal's own mother, confirmed the story that she threatened not just the rider she rammed, but the other witnesses as well. Or perhaps you think her mother is one of his "biker buddies"? Or did you perhaps didn't see the part that says " these are people that do not know Mr. Derr"?

It's worth noting that the media nearly always like to spin these stories the same way you and some other posters are-to portray any woman an innocent victim, and the male as an aggressor, particularly if he's a motorcyclist. He then becomes one of those big, scary bikers Hollywood likes to make movies about. That's why we keep seeing irrelevant information, such as her being a "pregnant librarian". Her job, and her state of pregnancy, has nothing to do with her criminal assaults in this case, but rather are an attempt to build sympathy for the woman, and set up the woman as the "victim". In spite of that...the details clearly demonstrate that she was the aggressor, she committed multiple criminal acts, both violent and otherwise.

She attacked (or assaulted if you prefer) an innocent, unprotected individual with a 2-ton weapon, an act likely to cause severe bodily harm or death. An assault sufficient to cause damage to her car, as documented in the link. At least one of those two were identified as intentional acts (no proof that the first time was deliberate-but given the repeat of her action, it seems likely that it was as well). She then committed a crime by leaving the scene of an incident (not an "accident"). In spite of multiple, independent individuals (witnesses) that did not know the rider she hit, being on scene to protect her if there were any kind of confrontation. And finally, she goes into her house, retrieves a firearm, leaves the safety and security of her house and threatens three individuals, including the victim and two witnesses, while they are on the phone with 911. Oh, and while the were standing in a public roadway (as documented in other links).

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 12-04-2021 at 03:29 PM..

Old 12-04-2021, 02:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie682 View Post
Floridiots with guns....
She certainly was. Could’ve all been avoided if she wasn’t a rager.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies