Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 11:11 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times

Advertisements

So, like street corner drug pushers. They ought to be locked away for a long, long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Child abuse is telling kids they will burn forever if they don’t obey their church. LGBTQ stuff is pretty mild in comparison.
And what is so horrible about what mainstream "church" teaches?

Is it, "be kind to your fellow man"? Is it, "thou shalt not kill"? Or is it, "thou shalt not steal"?

Which of those is most offensive to you?

Actually, I'll bet the one that infuriates you the most is, "thou shalt not covet."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 11:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
In places where governments allow vouchers to be used for private religious schools, yes they are taxpayer funded.
Are students forced to go to those schools?

Perhaps there is a reason students are attending those schools in place of public schools.

Are parents pulling kids from public schools because public school just aren't liberal enough??

Old 12-17-2021, 11:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Bathrooms are not lessons. Bathrooms are not teaching anything except girls with vaginas use this room, boys with penises use this room.

That's biology.

And if you literally cannot tell? See a doctor.

Good grief.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:29 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Oh, she told her dad she was gay, just like all her friends, and now is suddenly hetero with a boyfriend.

Another woman I know had an incident last year because her then-9 year old daughter was being harassed in the neighborhood by another 9 year old girl who professed undying love for her and wanted to be "gaysies". I forgot about that one.

Where does a 9 year old girl learn about "gaysies"????

This crap is happening all over.

Maybe you're not hearing about it because you are talking only to people who are 100% onboard with the indoctrination. In other words, they love it, and promote and see no problem with it. So it's never mentioned.

Just a theory.

To add: I am not religious and do not belong to a church. This is parents talking to parents. Not in a church environment.
That's obvious, your on it, the internet, social media, twitter and all the others sites that kids of all ages go to very often with little to no oversite from their parents. Doesn't matter what you think or feel somewhere out there will be another person like you that you can identify with.

I remember the lesbian love rings at a middle school years ago, go figure, and with fears over pregnancy in a high school doing oral sex was deemed safer. And these kids all were in a rural, conservative area with a healthy dose of religion. Maybe raising them in a vacuum from the modern world lead them to learn on their own from the internet...

Old 12-17-2021, 11:33 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
But it definitely isn't the place for the school to be involved. We pay taxes for the schools to teach normal subjects, if you want a hook up go to a gay bar.
Would it be OK for the school to set you and I up with some hot HS chick because we are straight?
Obviously you do not understand the purpose of the GSA club. Perhaps you should educate yourself. There's some good information right in this very thread that will assure all the ill-informed folks here what these voluntary clubs are actually about.

Quote:
Just another sneaky left wing tactic to make America what they want it to be in their image.
What ”image” is that, exactly?

Quote:
Nothing wrong with being gay, schools shouldn't provide for indoctrination hot spots.
What ”indoctrination”? Please be specific, with citations on said ”indoctrination”.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:41 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/leaked...?welcomeuser=1 ( A leaked audio recording reveals two teachers at a recent California Teachers Association (CTA) conference mocking parents over their concerns about homosexual and transgender indoctrination at school, says a source who attended the event in Palm Springs, Calif.

The recording, obtained by The Epoch Times, captured two seventh-grade teachers employed by Buena Vista Middle School in Salinas, Calif., telling other teachers how to recruit students into LGBTQ clubs, also known as “Gay-Straight Alliance” (GSA) clubs, at school.) ( MY OP Calif. public school parents whose children were secretly ID’d as trans by activist teachers are fighting back [videos] https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...ICC6PfdUBseHSE
What exactly do you mean by "homosexual and transgender indoctrination"?

And why are you reading Epoch Times?

Old 12-17-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So, like street corner drug pushers. They ought to be locked away for a long, long time.

And what is so horrible about what mainstream "church" teaches?

Is it, "be kind to your fellow man"? Is it, "thou shalt not kill"? Or is it, "thou shalt not steal"?

Which of those is most offensive to you?

Actually, I'll bet the one that infuriates you the most is, "thou shalt not covet."
Well, as a matter of fact, God chose to have not one, but two, commandments against coveting, so that apparently is a pretty serious sin.

But I think Freak80 alluded to what is wrong with Church teachings - "homosexuality is a sin, and if you happen to be gay, you should feel guilty and you're probably going to hell".

People that teach some version of the above have done enormous psychological harm to millions of young people. They are the ones that should be locked up.

Old 12-17-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:

Another woman I know had an incident last year because her then-9 year old daughter was being harassed in the neighborhood by another 9 year old girl who professed undying love for her and wanted to be "gaysies". I forgot about that one.

So if your friend had a 9 year old SON, and he was being harassed by a girl who wanted to be his girlfriend, would you be equally appalled? If not, why not?

Old 12-17-2021, 11:58 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Parents should be involved in the decision for whatever clubs or any teaching that goes on. If the majority of parents decide they no longer want sports, religious clubs, etc, they should be done away with. In this case the schools are going behind the parents backs and doing what they darn well please and keeping it secret because they know the backlash they would face it it were to get out. Well, it got out and the backlash has begun.
Just another sneaky left wing tactic to make America what they want it to be in their image.. Nothing wrong with being gay, schools shouldn't provide for indoctrination hot spots. Not on my dime and behind my back..! If you feel differently, start you own private school
No goal post moving, Your argument was to get rid of anything not actually school related. you cant renege once you realize that argument works for sports too and then argue the majority or parents should choose what sports a child plays or which clubs they join.

Also, its just weird to argue that a kid cant join a free club if they so choose to .

Old 12-17-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
They can. It's why so many kids believe they are gay/bi/trans.

They've been brainwashed, sad to say. It's cool and popular and awesome to claim to their peers. Celebrations galore about it.

Know what your kids are being "taught."
Hmm. I don't remember deciding to be heterosexual. I don't remember being taught that. Sometime around age 10 to 12, girls just started looking good to me. Could it be that I was brain-washed?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies