Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 03:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And how many will have the balls to say "no"?
Exactly.

I mean, we've been told again and again how smart NY-ers are. How stupid everyone else is, especially those idiots in FL.

How. Are. NY-ers. Not. Getting. This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 03:51 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I'm going to run out to the store to buy tons of popcorn. This is going to take quite some 'splaining.

Somehow CNN will blame it on systematic white supremacy. It's their go to card.

It's madness in NYC. They are having some kind of melt down over, basically, cases. People don't seem to be very sick. Two hour waits to get Covid tests. Broadway shows with audiences in their seats, sending everyone home. Radio City, cancelled. Nutcracker, cancelled.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicro...to-covid-panic

Maybe we need to get Cuomo the Covid Whisperer back?

Old 12-18-2021, 03:53 PM

43,052 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Take your pick...you can't be wrong about what the talking heads will say no matter which one you pick.

A. No vaccine is 100%
B. It's the unvaccinated
C. It's all Omicron that evades vaccines.

But what you won't see:

We have come to the conclusion that the vaccines really don't work.

Old 12-18-2021, 03:58 PM

7,235 posts, read 4,543,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

It's madness in NYC. They are having some kind of melt down over, basically, cases. People don't seem to be very sick. Two hour waits to get Covid tests.
Not in New York but this morning I saw a massive line outside a urgent care.

I think the liberals are using this to take tryrannical steps. These people are getting tests because Christmas is next week and no one wants to infect family. Thus, likely positive tests are going to be MUCH HIGHER... just because everyone has decided to get tested this week.

Honestly, it doesn't make sense that this is related to the new strain which, isn't really expected to be full force until about three weeks from now.

But in the west everyone is getting tested THIS WEEK, because of the holiday.

Personally I think every person should see if they can go as well to completely blow up the system this week and make the number seem insane.

Old 12-18-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Exactly.

I mean, we've been told again and again how smart NY-ers are. How stupid everyone else is, especially those idiots in FL.

How. Are. NY-ers. Not. Getting. This.
There is fear. So much fear.

I was fearful for longer than I should have been-- but I made a decision to just live with this. As a society, it is time we cultivated courage with the same fervor we cultivate victimhood.

I actually thought we were more over it in the suburbs than this, but all it takes to trigger panic is some media puppet saying cases are going to rise exponentially forever into the stratosphere, and we're back at square one.

We need to stop testing people who aren't sick.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:00 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And how many will have the balls to say "no"?
Given the top down approach and how lower management will blindly follow the rules of higher management even as a train wreck is about to occur, my guess is corporations will blindly follow along, and the citizenry, probably 80% compliance, 20% quit their job.

I'm actually amazed at how many of the management in my plant are "over" corporate (st Paul) and either don't give a crap anymore or are ready to quit themselves. I live in an area much more resistant to covid tyranny though.

It's a pandemic of the obese and elderly while they institute their one size fits all policy choices and suppress off label remedies and treatments.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:01 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,139 times
I live in NYC am I remain unvaccinated. I have felt discriminated against due to my choice but I have no intention of getting this shot unless I have no choice.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I live in NYC am I remain unvaccinated. I have felt discriminated against due to my choice but I have no intention of getting this shot unless I have no choice.

I feel like I am the only unvaccinated person in Westchester, along with half of my family. It is brutal, being treated like a leper. Ostracized and not able to go in places. Wondering if my daughter will even be able to work. Wondering if I end up in a hospital for something, will they leave me to die because I'm unvaxxed. Awful. I don't recognize the world we live in.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:09 PM

43,052 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Quote:

I feel like I am the only unvaccinated person in Westchester, along with half of my family. It is brutal, being treated like a leper. Ostracized and not able to go in places. Wondering if my daughter will even be able to work. Wondering if I end up in a hospital for something, will they leave me to die because I'm unvaxxed. Awful. I don't recognize the world we live in.
Let's see...open up your history book to page....

We get to relive history after preserving it so that we never go down that path again.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
There is fear. So much fear.

I was fearful for longer than I should have been-- but I made a decision to just live with this. As a society, it is time we cultivated courage with the same fervor we cultivate victimhood.

I actually thought we were more over it in the suburbs than this, but all it takes to trigger panic is some media puppet saying cases are going to rise exponentially forever into the stratosphere, and we're back at square one.

We need to stop testing people who aren't sick.
I know. The testing is the issue. Stop testing. If people are sick they will GO TO THE DOCTOR.

Remember the old days when people who went to the doctor were actually sick?

I've worked with people in the tri-state area. They are TERRIFIED. Wouldn't leave their homes. Leave packages in the garage for days before opening them. Didn't eat take out or go to a restaurant (whenever they actually were open) for >1 year. 2 of them spent the day searching in Manhattan for COVID shots. Like texting all day moving from location to location, keeping each other company via text (one reported an almost fist fight between 2 elderly women at one place).

It's almost as though it's a hobby. The COVID hobby. They are so far in they won't ever get out mentally and emotionally. I believe that. They literally just can't get out.

And they think all FL are dead and/or crazy.

Yet we are still here, just living our lives. Yet, somehow, what we are doing "isn't working."

Cognitive dissonance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies