Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 12:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/31...tis-predicted/

CDC Now Treats Unvaccinated The Same As Un-Boosted, Just As DeSantis Predicted

The CDC is moving goalposts again, changing the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ to include a third shot....
Still less quarantine time than the administration last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 12:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Still less quarantine time than the administration last year.
Except the administration this year promised to end the virus quickly

Old 01-01-2022, 12:43 AM

10,876 posts, read 4,555,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If have 2 shots - get sick but recover quickly
If have 3- very mild illness- if any
If have 0 -possible hospital or even death.

Why is this so hard. Why ? Every variant changes the rules. I read one symptom of Omicron is heavy night sweats.

u want to be vaccinated for heavy night sweats? 10 people worldwide - severely ill from other things have died from omnicron. 10.

almost all the new and current omicron cases are the vaccinated.....

this is idiocy.

Old 01-01-2022, 02:20 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
The final straw for me in concluding that this is definitely a conspiracy of some kind was recently when the Biden administration and CDC outlawed monoclonal antibodies and ordered production and administration to be seized immediately. This was the number one weapon we had against Covid. I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about this. If that doesn’t prove there’s a conspiracy of some sort, nothing well.

Doctors have estimated that banning will cost 120,000 Americans their lives just in January that could easily have been saved. They are leading you all to the slaughterhouse slowly but surely and you’re failing to see it.
Yes, there is now blood on Biden's hands.
Messing with shipments and distribution of the monoclonal treatments since they are not very effective against Omicron was a mistake as was the CDC being wrong in saying that Omicron was now the prevalent variant when it is not.

At least not yet.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:10 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yes, there is now blood on Biden's hands.
Messing with shipments and distribution of the monoclonal treatments since they are not very effective against Omicron was a mistake as was the CDC being wrong in saying that Omicron was now the prevalent variant when it is not.

At least not yet.
Sure with a free vaccine that can prevent death focus on monoclonal antibodies. anything but the vaccine.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:29 AM

43,145 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure with a free vaccine that can prevent death focus on monoclonal antibodies. anything but the vaccine.
Not necessarily. 33% of covid deaths in SC. 11/1-11/30 were vaccinated people.

The covid vaccine does NOT prevent anything..it does not prevent you from catching it and it does not prevent you from dying if you catch it. It offers some "protection" but not "prevention".

The CDC redefined everything.

Link for the SC numbers I posted:
https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-...lly-vaccinated

Old 01-01-2022, 07:30 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep. And the next step will be people with only 1 booster will be considered unvaccinated. And on and on ....

This is the final destruction of any unbiased and accurate data collection regarding patients with COVID. All numbers from here on out are fiction.

We've been predicting this for months, called every name in the book by posters on this board. And we were right. When are the others going to start PAYING ATTENTION to what is actually occurring??? When will they wake up?

Carry on.
BINGO

This joke rests entirely with one party. The party of Satan, the one with the D behind it's name.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not necessarily. 33% of covid deaths in SC. 11/1-11/30 were vaccinated people.

The covid vaccine does NOT prevent anything..it does not prevent you from catching it and it does not prevent you from dying if you catch it. It offers some "protection" but not "prevention".

The CDC redefined everything.

Link for the SC numbers I posted:
https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-...lly-vaccinated
The WHO redefined 'pandemic.'

Merriam Webster redefined 'vaccine.'

The CDC redefined 'unvaccinated.'

The current change in definition of 'unvaccinated' to include those who have received the initial shot(s) but no boosters will increase the numbers of deaths in the 'unvaccinated' group, spurring on these who want the vaccines to get further boosters. Since vaccinated are also dying.

It's created a very sick cycle of demand for drugs. And a completely distorted view of the statistics. No numbers are accurate anymore (not that they were in the first place ...). Cannot compare month to month or year to year anymore as the population demographic has been altered.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:41 AM

43,145 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The WHO redefined 'pandemic.'

Merriam Webster redefined 'vaccine.'

The CDC redefined 'unvaccinated.'

The current change in definition of 'unvaccinated' to include those who have received the initial shot(s) but no boosters will increase the numbers of deaths in the 'unvaccinated' group, spurring on these who want the vaccines to get further boosters. Since vaccinated are also dying.

It's created a very sick cycle of demand for drugs. And a completely distorted view of the statistics. No numbers are accurate anymore (not that they were in the first place ...). Cannot compare month to month or year to year anymore as the population demographic has been altered.
Very true. I Cannot follow national trends at all so I just concentrate on my state and my zip code by checking my state's covid page.

Everywhere else seems to be "99% unvaccinated" yet here in SC it's only 66-67% unvaccinated in hospitals.
And in SC our hospitals are not overwhelmed either..the majority of ICU/vent use is for non covid illness.

https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-...-bed-occupancy

Old 01-01-2022, 07:44 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,806,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I currently have it. I had several fevers break during the night so maybe that is where night sweats are coming from?

My family’s symptoms were runny/stuffy nose, persistent headache, fever/chills, persistent cough and a little tightness in chest. Oh and unrelenting fatigue! But it’s only been since Tuesday for two of us and since Sunday for my husband.
Your family's experience is consistent with what most people I know who are vaccinated experienced. The people I know who are unvaccinated and contracted Covid all ended up in the hospital. Two with Covid-induced pneumonia and one with a Covid-induced stroke. All had to be placed on oxygen. It is a real thing. Most people are having less severe experiences with Omicron than Delta but I wouldn't minimize the fact that it is causing a significant number of people to get seriously sick or even die from it. The hospitalization statistics are not the same as a typical cold or flu. ICU's and other hospital facilities are at capacity in many areas of the country.

If someone doesn't want to be vaccinated, it's their choice. However, the people need to realize that doctors, nurses, and other critical supports might not be there to help them when they are sick. Hospitals only have limited facilities for infected patients and many rehab facilities and nursing homes will not admit an unvaccinated person into their facility as they need to insulate their vulnerable populations from potential outbreaks since these are the facilities that experienced significant deaths from COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies