Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 07:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,251,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Your family's experience is consistent with what most people I know who are vaccinated experienced. The people I know who are unvaccinated and contracted Covid all ended up in the hospital. Two with Covid-induced pneumonia and one with a Covid-induced stroke. All had to be placed on oxygen. It is a real thing. Most people are having less severe experiences with Omicron than Delta but I wouldn't minimize the fact that it is causing a significant number of people to get seriously sick or even die from it. The hospitalization statistics are not the same as a typical cold or flu. ICU's and other hospital facilities are at capacity in many areas of the country.

If someone doesn't want to be vaccinated, it's their choice. However, the people need to realize that doctors, nurses, and other critical supports might not be there to help them when they are sick. Hospitals only have limited facilities for infected patients and many rehab facilities and nursing homes will not admit an unvaccinated person into their facility as they need to insulate their vulnerable populations from potential outbreaks since these are the facilities that experienced significant deaths from COVID.
If someone doesn't want to be vaccinated, it's their choice.

Agree! Let everyone assume their own risk.

But then you can't say that it's their choice, if the party of Satan is going to take away every right you have .... like traveling, going to stores, going to restaurants, sporting events, concerts, etc if you don't have a vax, or even the right to get a job without your employer forcing these vaxes into your system.

INDIVIDUAL CHOICE !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 07:55 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If have 2 shots - get sick but recover quickly
If have 3- very mild illness- if any
If have 0 -possible hospital or even death.

Why is this so hard. Why ? Every variant changes the rules. I read one symptom of Omicron is heavy night sweats.

If this is truly the case......

Then why is it so hard for you folks to entertain the possibility that the virus is man made and possibly released intentionally?

Old 01-01-2022, 08:02 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Your family's experience is consistent with what most people I know who are vaccinated experienced. The people I know who are unvaccinated and contracted Covid all ended up in the hospital. Two with Covid-induced pneumonia and one with a Covid-induced stroke. All had to be placed on oxygen. It is a real thing. Most people are having less severe experiences with Omicron than Delta but I wouldn't minimize the fact that it is causing a significant number of people to get seriously sick or even die from it. The hospitalization statistics are not the same as a typical cold or flu. ICU's and other hospital facilities are at capacity in many areas of the country.

If someone doesn't want to be vaccinated, it's their choice. However, the people need to realize that doctors, nurses, and other critical supports might not be there to help them when they are sick. Hospitals only have limited facilities for infected patients and many rehab facilities and nursing homes will not admit an unvaccinated person into their facility as they need to insulate their vulnerable populations from potential outbreaks since these are the facilities that experienced significant deaths from COVID.
I'm not sure if you've heard, but getting the vaccine does not STOP transmission of infection.

Also: Vaccinated now means you HAVE to have boosters. If you aleady received the first dose, you aren't vaccinated.

Are you advocating that healthcare workers only treat vaccinated patients? That eliminates about 40% of the population.

Are you truly claiming that 40% of the population does not deserve healthcare?

Old 01-01-2022, 08:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/31...tis-predicted/

CDC Now Treats Unvaccinated The Same As Un-Boosted, Just As DeSantis Predicted

The CDC is moving goalposts again, changing the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ to include a third shot....
Goalposts?

All vaccines were developed, trialed and approved for emergency use before the Delta variant emerged from the 1.4 billion unvaccinated people in India.

We have known since mid summer, the efficacy of Covid vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark.

We also know it is less effective at preventing infection from the Delta and Omicron variants than the original virus and earlier variants.

And lastly, it is obvious the vaccines are proving effective at preventing serious Covid in most vulnerable people otherwise the rate of hospitalization would be tracking the rate of infection.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:07 AM

43,052 posts, read 18,231,767 times
All those folks that registered to get their digital vaccine pass....

Well with just a few strokes at the keyboard they all become "unvaccinated" now.
The government can now control your access to society as they see fit.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:08 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:

Unless all the people you know are very elderly and/or have extreme comorbidities, I don't believe everyone you know who got covid were hospitalized.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:09 AM

35,686 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
I fixed this for you

If you have 2 shots - Might get sick, might end up in the hospital, might die, can spread COVID, 98% chance of survival.

If you have 3 shots - Might get sick, might end up in the hospital, might die, can spread COVID, 98% chance of survival.

If you have 0 shots - Might get sick, might end up in the hospital, might die, can spread COVID, 98% chance of survival.
Ok Dr Frank - not going to open some minds to critical thinking.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:11 AM

8,416 posts, read 4,572,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
At the place I used to live there have been several that died from covid and they were all vaccinated.

Except for the few here who think it's perfectly normal for vaccines not to work (the same people who think it's fine that tests are not any sort of proof you are or are not infected), most of the reasonable population is catching on.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:11 AM

35,686 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Unless all the people you know are very elderly and/or have extreme comorbidities, I don't believe everyone you know who got covid were hospitalized.
My son died to covid. Sept 1 2020. I really don’t care what you believe. This is my very sad reality, he did not make his vax appt before Delta got to him. I had one vax and survived Delta but wished it had been me instead.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:17 AM

8,416 posts, read 4,572,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Actually they know a hell of a lot about the science. They've created vaccines, didn't they? But here's the thing. Nature isn't predicable in any reliable way. It will morph and change shape in an infinite amount of ways. All scientists can do is try to identify the bounds and react to changes within them. There are a lot of problems in the world that are like this. Climate change and weather -- neither of which are reliably predictable because of the sheer number of parameters and an infinite way they can react. They use Monte Carlo simulations for modeling these processes which is a fancy way of saying one of the parameters to the equation is a random number. Pure fuzzy chance. So you plan for the range of eventualities you can envision and hopefully react quickly to them. And that's where we are with Covid. We know a hell of a lot about the biology of the virus and do our best to react to it. But so much of it comes down to chance. No one can predict it perfectly and anyone who says they can is a liar.

Then what you're saying is that True Science is history. I disagree. Science is learning and applying knowledge leading to more learning. It's a continuum.

So, science is just flipping a coin? I can do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies