Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 08:17 AM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My son died to covid. Sept 1 2020. I really don’t care what you believe. This is my very sad reality, he did not make his vax appt before Delta got to him. I had one vax and survived Delta but wished it had been me instead.
First, I'm sorry about your son. But you continue to use a very personal and sad situation to try and shut down any debate with you.

Second, that poster said every person they know who contracted covid got hospitalized. That has zero to do with your son and I simply don't believe that poster.

My reality (and most people's reality) is that the vast majority of people I know who got covid, were never hospitalized and survived it no worse for wear. Myself included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 08:19 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
So, science is just flipping a coin? I can do that.
Well when the CDC flips that coin people see it as "official" and "science based".
When you flip that coin and get the same result....tin foil hat conspiracy.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:26 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,824,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Actually they know a hell of a lot about the science. They've created vaccines, didn't they? But here's the thing. Nature isn't predicable in any reliable way. It will morph and change shape in an infinite amount of ways. All scientists can do is try to identify the bounds and react to changes within them. There are a lot of problems in the world that are like this. Climate change and weather -- neither of which are reliably predictable because of the sheer number of parameters and an infinite way they can react. They use Monte Carlo simulations for modeling these processes which is a fancy way of saying one of the parameters to the equation is a random number. Pure fuzzy chance. So you plan for the range of eventualities you can envision and hopefully react quickly to them. And that's where we are with Covid. We know a hell of a lot about the biology of the virus and do our best to react to it. But so much of it comes down to chance. No one can predict it perfectly and anyone who says they can is a liar.

Then what you're saying is that True Science is history. I disagree. Science is learning and applying knowledge leading to more learning. It's a continuum.
All of science is nothing more than the refinement of everyday thinking.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:26 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,806,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm not sure if you've heard, but getting the vaccine does not STOP transmission of infection.

Also: Vaccinated now means you HAVE to have boosters. If you aleady received the first dose, you aren't vaccinated.

Are you advocating that healthcare workers only treat vaccinated patients? That eliminates about 40% of the population.

Are you truly claiming that 40% of the population does not deserve healthcare?
It not denying healthcare it's a matter of availability. Many of the unvaccinated who are sick are in need of the most comprehensive care when they are admitted as well as the aftercare for their recovery. There are only a limited number of these beds in hospitals, rehab and nursing homes. I personally know someone in this situation, they were admitted in the hospital and have been there for nearly a month because there is nowhere to send them for rehab so they remain in the hospital which ties up the whole system.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
It not denying healthcare it's a matter of availability. Many of the unvaccinated who are sick are in need of the most comprehensive care when they are admitted as well as the aftercare for their recovery. There are only a limited number of these beds in hospitals, rehab and nursing homes. I personally know someone in this situation, they were admitted in the hospital and have been there for nearly a month because there is nowhere to send them for rehab so they remain in the hospital which ties up the whole system.
No, it ties up ONE BED in ONE HOSPITAL.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:29 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
Quote:

Maybe if they hadn't fired all those nurses in the middle of a pandemic...

Old 01-01-2022, 08:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The only person I know who has died from Covid was vaccinate.
In the first Q, 2022, the US will likely cross the 1 million mark for fatalities attributed to serious Covid.

How many are known to you?

In a country where 75% are overweight- obese, the population is more vulnerable to Diabetes, Heart Disease, Hypertension, some Cancers and Covid complications than it might otherwise be.

I respect the right to choose to vaccinate or not. What I reject is the endless BS, misinformation and anecdotal hearsay many use to rationalize not vaccinating.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:32 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,806,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No, it ties up ONE BED in ONE HOSPITAL.
Times a number of people in the same situation. The ICU is full. Many are stuck for several weeks.

Old 01-01-2022, 08:34 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,824,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If this is truly the case......

Then why is it so hard for you folks to entertain the possibility that the virus is man made and possibly released intentionally?
From what I've read and with those I've talked to... the majority seems to accept this is man made. What is still in question is did the CCP release it intentionally.

Personally... like most CCP crap built in china, the lab that produced the virus, had flaws. I believe it was released unintentionally. IMO

Old 01-01-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Times a number of people in the same situation. The ICU is full. Many are stuck for several weeks.
What data are you basing this on ? You should be following your state.

Here in SC the majority of ICU beds/vent use are NOT covid.
And the ICU is 75% utilized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies