Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 08:38 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,103,764 times

Advertisements

Local tv stations are now asking why their viewers are fleeing high taxes and fiscal mismanagement. Good idea to creat newscasts focused on this topic. How to move from California might be a best seller.

https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...earchers-find/

Edit - can’t fix the title. Let’s see where this thread goes…..

Last edited by johnsonkk; 01-02-2022 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Typo on title - democrats FLEE California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 08:41 AM

5,864 posts, read 3,305,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Local tv stations are now asking why their viewers are fleeing high taxes and fiscal mismanagement. Good idea to creat newscasts focused on this topic. How to move from California might be a best seller.

The problem is many of them then vote the same way that they did in California. It's like locusts. They destroy everything.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:44 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,837,261 times
My daughter is leaving because her 6 figure salary isn't enough to buy a home where she works. She's a Micro Biologist and the average home 1300 sq ft., on a 5000 sq ft lot, and costs 1.5 million. NC is on her radar.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:44 AM

11,083 posts, read 6,921,266 times
Too many places in the U.S. are now pricing out the locals who grew up wherever they grew up. Vancouver, B.C. was destroyed for the locals. It's infuriating that people can't afford to stay where they were born and raised. Friends who bought 30-40 yrs ago are cashing out, because many of them need that money for retirement. They move to Goodyear after living in paradise. Nothing against Goodyear except it's an isolated tract home community. Might be ok in 10 yrs.

I lived in San Francisco for many years in the 70's and 80's. Watched that YouTube video about how San Francisco's homeless problems can't be fixed. It was horrifying, mind-blowing, crushing. I have fond memories of the peaceful, clean place I used to live, with tons of job opportunities and affordable rent and purchased housing. Glad I lived there when I did. Would never live there now. Even visiting is difficult.

Last time I was in the Bay Area, I didn't even cross the bridge. Been too many years. Time before that, all I did was sit in my former cafe haunt and witness how much things had changed. "You Can't Go Home Again" crossed my mind at that time.

Last edited by pathrunner; 01-02-2022 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 01-02-2022, 09:22 AM

927 posts, read 587,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The problem is many of them then vote the same way that they did in California. It's like locusts. They destroy everything.
Like in Bug's Life? Why go back to Ant Island at all we've got plenty of food here!

Old 01-02-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Please. If you think for one second that a few Californians can move to Alabama or some other emphatically red state and influence an election, you're dreaming! (I could use another word but I won't). I am not delusional enough to think my vote would change anything here in Alabama, and I'm an independent. That makes it even less likely for my vote to county for anything.

Still, I vote independent (which often means I can't vote in a primary, depending upon where I'm living) because I don't like either party - at all. They're both corrupt for different reasons.

If you think Democrats are like locusts who destroy everything, what about the bureaucrats here in Huntsville, who are Republican, advancing major corporations here (Amazon, Toyota, to name a couple)? Californians have NOTHING to do with that. They just got here.

I seriously doubt that Californians or Democrats can destroy the South like locusts. They will always be in the minority.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:29 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,837,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Please. If you think for one second that a few Californians can move to Alabama or some other emphatically red state and influence an election, you're dreaming! (I could use another word but I won't). I am not delusional enough to think my vote would change anything here in Alabama, and I'm an independent. That makes it even less likely for my vote to county for anything.

Still, I vote independent (which often means I can't vote in a primary, depending upon where I'm living) because I don't like either party - at all. They're both corrupt for different reasons.
How does being an independent change corruption? in fact it encourages more corruption by removing your vote for the best most honest candidate.

Makes no sense at all.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
How does being an independent change corruption? in fact it encourages more corruption by removing your vote for the best most honest candidate.

Makes no sense at all.
Dave, you always confront me. I NEVER SAID that "being an independent changes corruption." I don't even THINK it. I thought you and I were agreeing to disagree. Don't put words or thoughts in my mouth, or twist what I write.

I vote independent not because it would change anything (that's delusional thinking). I vote independent because I'm voting for my values and what I believe in. A lot of the time, there's NO candidate that reflects my values.

Last edited by pathrunner; 01-02-2022 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: add a paragraph

Old 01-02-2022, 09:35 AM

4,666 posts, read 1,958,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post

Still a little disappointed that we haven't had a reference to that Title. Something in the vein of Feelings Nothing More Then Feelings......but that would be a more appropriate response of why Californians are NOT leaving.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:38 AM

43,194 posts, read 18,353,761 times
Quote:
Ain't that that truth. Austin Tx is a testament to that statement. They flocked there during the "Great Recession" with their piles of money and progressive ideas.
I moved there in 1996 and watched the carnage unfold before my eyes. So many CA plates

And now Austin thinks it's in California and the Governor has to step in and squash their grandiose progressive laws.

And now I sit in Myrtle Beach and watch the streets filling up with NY/NJ license plates as they are fleeing there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies