Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 01:20 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,994,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Local tv stations are now asking why their viewers are fleeing high taxes and fiscal mismanagement. Good idea to creat newscasts focused on this topic. How to move from California might be a best seller.

https://www.kron4.com/news/californi...earchers-find/

Edit - can’t fix the title. Let’s see where this thread goes…..
Do you know why all the trees on the west coast lean towards California?

Cause it sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 01:24 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
"Why are even democrats fleeing California?"

Because Leftism is like a mud slide or raging wildfire in what it effects are.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:30 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I am in Florida. I moved from NY. Cuomo said that my conservative values were not NY values. I agree. Myself and my family took our conservative beliefs where we welcomed with open arms.

In the mid 2010s, while visiting California, I ran into an old girlfriend who I hadn't seen for about 25 years.

She asked me if I will ever move back to California.

I said "Move back to this nanny state?...no way"

She rolled her eyes and said "We've lost you to them" (meaning that she thought I used to be a Democrat but was, in real time during our conversation, a Republican).

Funny thing is, I was during that conversation (and still am) an Independent and, during the whole time we were dating, she assumed I was a Democrat, but I was a Republican during that whole time (politics never came up).

Old 01-02-2022, 01:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,665,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Thread title is wrong.

Thread title says, "Why are even democrats fleeing California?" when there is absolutely nothing in the article that talks about Democrat vs. Republican. The article only refers to some companies who have chosen to relocate their headquarters to states with a lower cost of living.

OP made up the partisan angle and is total fiction. Why lie?
Other than you and me, I wonder how many people actually read the article. I think the truth is that it was yet another ridiculously misleading attempt to make Democrats look bad.

If I may read between the lines, I think the companies are also attracted by no income tax in Texas and Tennessee, the top two states they are moving to.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:39 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
My daughter is leaving because her 6 figure salary isn't enough to buy a home where she works. She's a Micro Biologist and the average home 1300 sq ft., on a 5000 sq ft lot, and costs 1.5 million. NC is on her radar.

Within the last 13 months.....I spent almost a month in NC.

The Research Triangle is a beautiful area.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:46 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Other than you and me, I wonder how many people actually read the article. I think the truth is that it was yet another ridiculously misleading attempt to make Democrats look bad.

If I may read between the lines, I think the companies are also attracted by no income tax in Texas and Tennessee, the top two states they are moving to.
Companies are moving to lower tax locals. It's a direct and measurable metric that is tied to Democrat policies.

I'm not trying to make a slam against the dems per se, just noting the facts.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:47 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,627,289 times
Why are even democrats fleeing California?

They like what the fanatic liberal politicians promised, so they voted for them and continue to do so.

But once they get a dose of what the politicians actually deliver (or fail to deliver), and get the bill for all the repeated failures of their agenda, then they run like rabbits.

Strangely enough, once they get settled in a red state, the fanatic liberal politicians who followed them there, start making all the same far-left promises. The transplanted liberals believe them (again), and pay little attention to what they actually deliver (again), until crime starts to rise, taxes skyrocket, homelessness explodes etc. etc. and the area is gradually destroyed just as their former home was.

One definition of insanity, is trying the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,665,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Democrats love to move to red areas and then proceed to crap them all up with the same liberal nonsense that made them leave whatever blue dump they came from.
Wash-rinse-repeat til blue in the face.
But once again, Democrats or liberals avoid the ruby red states, like Kansas and Oklahoma, like the plague, which is good, since it keeps the cost of living down. It shouldn't be too hard to find a small house for under $150,000, which would go for over a million in San Francisco. People avoid moving to the Plain States from Oklahoma to the Canadian border, due to incredibly bad year-round bad weather and lack of decent paying jobs.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:53 PM

43,184 posts, read 18,329,147 times
I would guess (and it's my guess) that it's high prices, increasing crime and overflow of illegals.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:01 PM

13,639 posts, read 4,950,478 times
People move from California mostly because of the high cost of living, the traffic and the crowding. All three of those are due to the fact that a lot of people want to live there. So it can't be all bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies