Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 12:27 PM

11,085 posts, read 6,933,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Oh, we sure have infrastructure problems here in this country. Which is another point. If the Democrats would get off of the "Human Infrastructure" thing, where again in my opinion is pretty ridiculous, we could get to the "Real" Infrastructure. They are holding up progress.
Oh so I guess black people are just supposed to suck it up, huh? You know, because their infrastructure problems don't count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 12:41 PM

11,085 posts, read 6,933,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Oh, we sure have infrastructure problems here in this country. Which is another point. If the Democrats would get off of the "Human Infrastructure" thing, where again in my opinion is pretty ridiculous, we could get to the "Real" Infrastructure. They are holding up progress.
Oh so I guess black people are just supposed to suck it up, huh? You know, because their infrastructure problems don't count.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:54 PM

52,325 posts, read 52,791,864 times
Ca has been experiencing a brain drain for a while now. The population leaving here is sort of masked a bit by the large influx of illegals. Ca is well on its way to becoming a have and have not third world state. The middle class has been leaving the last 20 to 30 yrs. Can't tell you how many I've known or heard that have left the state.

I'm a native and want to leave as well, just waiting for the MIL to pass, as crude as that may sound. Like many others we bought our place way back in the late 90s and I want to tap into all of that gain. There are a lot of reasons I want to leave aside from cashing out the property.

Old 01-02-2022, 12:56 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The problem is many of them then vote the same way that they did in California. It's like locusts. They destroy everything.

The result isn't funny but.......

the way you put it.......I'm ROTFLMAO.

Which state do you live in ?

Old 01-02-2022, 01:01 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,307,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

The result isn't funny but.......

the way you put it.......I'm ROTFLMAO.

Which state do you live in ?
I am in Florida. I moved from NY. Cuomo said that my conservative values were not NY values. I agree. Myself and my family took our conservative beliefs where we welcomed with open arms.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Please. If you think for one second that a few Californians can move to Alabama or some other emphatically red state and influence an election, you're dreaming! (I could use another word but I won't). I am not delusional enough to think my vote would change anything here in Alabama, and I'm an independent. That makes it even less likely for my vote to county for anything.

Still, I vote independent (which often means I can't vote in a primary, depending upon where I'm living) because I don't like either party - at all. They're both corrupt for different reasons.

If you think Democrats are like locusts who destroy everything, what about the bureaucrats here in Huntsville, who are Republican, advancing major corporations here (Amazon, Toyota, to name a couple)? Californians have NOTHING to do with that. They just got here.

I seriously doubt that Californians or Democrats can destroy the South like locusts. They will always be in the minority.

Whether It's true or not, I still think the way he put it is funny.

(And I'm a 5th generation native Californian who lived in California for about half a century and has lived in Texas since the late 2000s)

Old 01-02-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I am in Florida. I moved from NY. Cuomo said that my conservative values were not NY values. I agree. Myself and my family took our conservative beliefs where we welcomed with open arms.

I love Florida.

If I left Texas, it would only be (if within the U.S.) to FL, TN, NV, or WA.

I have to spend some time in California this year, but I would never move back to California.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:14 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,766,851 times
[quote=Ohiogirl81;62620439]The OP's thread title and premise are disingenuous at best. The actual title of the article linked in the OP is:

You sound bitter, or jealous, or both. Who's the angry one?

You assume much.
I’m very happy! I left NYC with a huge defined pension. And took holdings from NYC real estate that I had there and invested it in Asheville real estate which is currently a booming.
I’m 2300 ft above sea level. I have access to firearms, clean water, farms all around, great restaurants, and the liberals do provide some entertainment. That’s about all that they are good for. All I have to do to escape the liberal mindset in Asheville is drive out into the county for 15 minutes. I’m livin in paradise!

Old 01-02-2022, 01:15 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,409,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Why are you bringing Race into this??

Race has nothing to do with it.

A Real Infrastructure bill in the US is for EVERYONE.

Old 01-02-2022, 01:16 PM

7,965 posts, read 3,506,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
My daughter is leaving because her 6 figure salary isn't enough to buy a home where she works. She's a Micro Biologist and the average home 1300 sq ft., on a 5000 sq ft lot, and costs 1.5 million. NC is on her radar.
Do you know her politics? Does she say what she thinks the reason is for the ridiculous prices? Is it the crazy policies in California or does she think it's just because everyone wants to move there due to the weather?

No, Alabama probably won't go blue, as one poster pointed out, but NC is already starting to turn purple because of transplants, Colorado went from reliably red to reliably blue in a short period due to transplants, and things are getting a bit iffy for the blue team in Idaho from all the Cali transplants moving that way. Heck Virginia was starting to look permanently blue until the left overplayed their hand with the Critical Race Applied Principles(CRAP).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies