Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 08:02 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times

Advertisements

This question is for people who are ages 18-40 years old. What kind of America do you want to live in after boomers are gone?

What do you want America to develop into and how are you going to get it there ? Keep in mind that you (and people younger than you) are going to be required to support it financially and socially, with all that entails (legal, political, monetary, environmental, defense, etc.)

It would be great if you listed your age with your reply so we can understand differing points of view. Tks.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:05 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,546,402 times
they are going to want the same environment the boomers always expected but had taken away. once of course they lose interest in gaming and social media.

by the time someone gets a couple kids in school and a mortgage, stuff gets real. just witness loudon county VA, and the state in whole.

November, cannot get here fast enough.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:18 AM

1,655 posts, read 776,311 times
I’m in my 30s….think many people want marijuana legalized, free healthcare, free college, affordable housing, etc.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:32 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I’m in my 30s….think many people want marijuana legalized, free healthcare, free college, affordable housing, etc.
Well someone needs to check them hard.

I am 50 so I am in the generation that always had to pay for the boomers actions.

I want to see.

- major changes to housing in this country.
a. Less rental properties.
b. a real examination of zoning as it seems to have done little to make layout better and only seems a way to give rich people the ability to do things while stopping the poor.
c. Smaller housing forced on developers. No one needs a 5 bedroom McMansion any longer.

- a Major change to health care.
- no more corporations telling doctors how to treat for their better bottom line.

- A complete head to toe revamping of employment laws. Starting with "at will employment" - when employment becomes a life line for everyone it can't be -- I can fire you for any reason.

- Kicking out the vast majority of illegal aliens and cracking down hard on people who are internal enemies to this country.

- Complete destruction of the current educational model in favor of cheap on line classes.

- Complete revamping of the criminal laws -and justice system. In favor of crimes that really effect people today and in favor of locking up anyone dangerous and, if that means we have to build 500 more prisons, so be it.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:36 AM

7,379 posts, read 3,536,587 times
we want lighthearted politicians who appear on late night comedy shows (for levity) to tell us that they will keep us safe from viruses, save the climate, give us free and equal healthcare/education/housing/ubi - all human rights. we want leaders (not representatives) to stand in solidarity with groups that believe the same thing and are constantly persecuted by white nationalists (lgbtqia, black and brown people and Muslims). we want to abolish the Constitution and replace it with a longer, more inclusive and less racist document. we want to erase the sins of the past because feelings are more important than history.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:39 AM

1,884 posts, read 1,004,329 times
Give some teeth to the NLRB for starters.

Really we just want a normal life where you can buy a house and feed yourself with a common job, with savings at the end of the day. Is it still trickling down?

Old 02-01-2022, 11:40 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,240,225 times
One where I can actually get a senior position because all these boomers just refuse to retire. I thought the golden years were supposed to involve not working.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:46 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
we want lighthearted politicians who appear on late night comedy shows (for levity) to tell us that they will keep us safe from viruses, save the climate, give us free and equal healthcare/education/housing/ubi - all human rights. we want leaders (not representatives) to stand in solidarity with groups that believe the same thing and are constantly persecuted by white nationalists (lgbtqia, black and brown people and Muslims). we want to abolish the Constitution and replace it with a longer, more inclusive and less racist document. we want to erase the sins of the past because feelings are more important than history.
and like some of the previous wise posters said, we want free marijuana, healthcare, housing and we want a govt that decides what people need and don't need like 5 bedroom McMansions because we all know nobody needs that. But we need the other stuff to be free. Oh and I want niceness to be more important in our kids' curriculum than math which needs an equity rewrite. It was made up by old white men like Newton and our generation wants to hear from new math voices.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:49 AM

2,953 posts, read 994,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
One where I can actually get a senior position because all these boomers just refuse to retire. I thought the golden years were supposed to involve not working.
What, you can't outwork a seventy yr old? That's on you, bro not the seventy yr old.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:58 AM

1,884 posts, read 1,004,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
What, you can't outwork a seventy yr old? That's on you, bro not the seventy yr old.
You think if you outwork your manager, they're just going to swap places with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies