Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 06:18 AM

979 posts, read 418,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The problem is people like you don’t want to believe there are also good Black coaches"

Your problem is you actually believe this garbage!

"Racists se racism in EVERYTHING", as they say!
It must be difficult being that poster and having to live with themselves day after day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 06:21 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
He doesn't even understand what it takes to be a coach in the league.
And ignores what I posted earlier.

"Top Row: Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin, Jim Caldwell Botttom Row: Anthony Lynn, Romeo Crennel, Herm Edwards, Leslie Frazier, Brian Flores.Image:

ALL these blacks who have been head coaches."

Old 02-11-2022, 06:21 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Aren't 75% of the players black?

How is there "not enough diversity" in the NFL?
I watched most of the news conference with Goodell. It was actually a pretty good discussion. Tough questions, but civil. (I really don't care about NFL, but I was trying to take a quick power nap, and nothing like some network news to put me to sleep!!!!)

Anyway, one question in particular addressed this question. While they have about 75% of the players, they are WAY under represented in the executive suite. I forgot the numbers given, but it was stark.

I was pretty happy with Goodells answers. he did not bow to "We'll force more people of color into positions", Instead, he said that an open discussion, with no items off the table is where to go. This, along with most issues, is complex, and has many facets. A 'sound-bite solution' is not going to make a real difference. he seemed (to me) open to hearing all angles, and addressing the issues holistically. I think that is generally the right approach. One size does not fit all.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:22 AM

24,642 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
If folks want to tell others how to run their business, they should start their own business and do so. This isn’t government nonsense, this is the NFL.
Correct.

*Twitter bans Trump*
The left: "It's a private business!"

*NFL fires black coaches*
The left: "That's racist! NFL has a diversity problem!"

Old 02-11-2022, 06:26 AM

979 posts, read 418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And ignores what I posted earlier.

"Top Row: Lovie Smith, Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin, Jim Caldwell Botttom Row: Anthony Lynn, Romeo Crennel, Herm Edwards, Leslie Frazier, Brian Flores.Image:

ALL these blacks who have been head coaches."
He's mad because there's NEVER been a great one.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Point is Tomlin has had one his entire head coaching career, has had great players, and only has 1 SB win and only 3 playoff wins in the last 11 seasons. Without a franchise/HOF qb he’s going to be worse…and he has way too much control of the Stillers decision making. He’s hot his expiration date years ago.

Except he couldn’t and almost means nothing.

Where’s your stats to prove your statement about black coaches having a better win percentage than white coaches?
ONLY HAS 1 SUPER BOWL WIN!!!

That is hilarious. There have been over 500 head coaches in the NFL and only 34 have won a SB.

Old 02-11-2022, 09:46 AM

10,876 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
all that stat shows is there should be more Black head coaches.

and less black players. gotcha. well, git busy

Old 02-11-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Where’s the stats proving your statement?
Its right here in this study but I already know how this goes.

https://www.acslaw.org/wp-content/up...ssue_Brief.pdf

You ask for the proof or report and when its provided you either discredit the source or just move on to another talking point because evidence of equal or better performance by Black head coaches isn’t enough proof.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
and less black players. gotcha. well, git busy
I have no problem with less Black players. If there are better players who replace them why would I care?

Do you really think as a Steeler fan I’m upset that we drafted TJ Watt?

Do you think I was upset we drafted Muth at TE to replace Ebron?

Old 02-11-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
He's mad because there's NEVER been a great one.
LMAO.

Tomlin and Dungy are great coaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies