Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 01:44 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Parents are the reason there are more white head coaches? lmaoooo
There are more white head coaches because there are vastly more white grad assistants on Div IA football teams, which is where the college and pro coaching pipeline and career path starts.

There are more white physicists than black. Want to take a guess why? It's because whites get ~70% of the awarded Physics degrees in America, and blacks get ~3%. We can do this with lots of jobs, where we examine the number of people in the traditional/common starting point and then see how many end up at the top of those careers.

The first thing you have to understand is that playing football does not equal coaching it. They are two entirely different things that simply take place within the same industry. Different starting points, different education requirements, different career paths, different personnel pipelines, etc. Statistically, they are totally different, and that is true in every sport. Does Bela Kyroli look like a female gymnast? Does Gino Auriemma look like a female basketball player? Does Stan Van Gundy look like he is hooping it up in the NBA anytime soon? Coaching and playing are different. Period.

Once you understand and accept that, take an honest look at the baseline starting point for coaching, and then compare populations at that point versus what you see in that career path's topmost position. You'll see the two numbers are quite similar, if not a bit skewed IN FAVOR of black coaches in the NFL based on an artificial external force that does not exist at the starting point in the coaching career path. Then ask, why don't more black graduate students in Div IA make the same choice to ostensibly work for free 12-15 hours per day as so many white graduate students who are grad assisting on every team in FBS and FCS? Internships and OJT matter, so why aren't more black grad students jumping into that career path at that point? I have no earthly clue, but they aren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 01:44 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except you certainly make a lot more money by winning more games in the NFL. Merchandise, higher ticket prices, more sponsorship money, etc…

Lol. Every owner wants to win. If they didn’t care they wouldn’t spend to the cap, would hire cheap coaches, etc…
Oh my… You think every team spends to the cap every year?

No.. this isn’t how it works.

and some teams have “cheap” coaches. The HC pay ranges from 12 mill to 3 mill.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Oh my… You think every team spends to the cap every year?

No.. this isn’t how it works.
Your assumptions and allegations continue to get funnier. Who said every team spends to the cap every year?

Yes, it is how it works. You’re simply to obsessed with thinking you know how owners should spend their money and what color coaches they should hire to have any idea how huge amounts of NFL money is made and why it continues to remain the most watched sport in the country every year.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:55 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why was Flores fired? I thought he did a good job with the Dolphins. They swept a the Patriots and I watched them beat the Saints. Those players played hard for him.
Flores finished his tenure with the Dolphins with a 24–25 (.490) record and no postseason berths during his tenure.
He started this season 1-7 then did win 7 in a row.

He is far from the first coach to be fired with similar stats.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Your assumptions and allegations continue to get funnier. Who said every team spends to the cap every year?

Yes, it is how it works. You’re simply to obsessed with thinking you know how owners should spend their money and what color coaches they should hire to have any idea how huge amounts of NFL money is made and why it continues to remain the most watched sport in the country every year.
lmao.. you just said every owner want to win and if they didn’t care they wouldn’t spend to the cap every year.

That was your response when I said winning isn’t as important as some believe when it comes to making money in the NFL.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
lmao.. you just said every owner want to win which is why they spend to the cap every year.

Which is it?
Lol. Please post where I said they spend to the cap every year?

When is Tomlin going to win a SB with the Stillers?

Old 02-11-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Tv deals are based on viewership. Folks aren’t going to watch a league filled with lousy teams in which tv money would be much less.

Except you certainly make a lot more money by winning more games in the NFL. Merchandise, higher ticket prices, more sponsorship money, etc…

Lol. Every owner wants to win. If they didn’t care they wouldn’t spend to the cap, would hire cheap coaches, etc…
Quote:
Lol. Please post where I said they spend to the cap every year?

When is Tomlin going to win a SB with the Stillers?

Look up. Its right there. You claim every owner wants to win and spends to the cap every year.

Now you are changing it and suggesting some don’t spend to the cap and aren’t concerned with winning every year.. which would mean you agree with me, lol

Tomlin Tomlin Tomlin

Old 02-11-2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Flores finished his tenure with the Dolphins with a 24–25 (.490) record and no postseason berths during his tenure.
He started this season 1-7 then did win 7 in a row.

He is far from the first coach to be fired with similar stats.
He is in rare company if he isn’t the first.

No one fires a head coach who is posting back to back winning seasons after “tanking” to get their QB.

A head coach who is trending up rarely, if ever.. gets fired.

Old 02-11-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Look up. Its right there. You claim every owner wants to win and spends to the cap every year.

Now you are changing it and suggesting some don’t spend to the cap and aren’t concerned with winning every year.. which would mean you agree with me, lol

Tomlin Tomlin Tomlin
Nope, I said every owner wants to win, and never said spends to the cap every year, but please do keep reaching, lol.

Nope, didn’t change anything as I never said they spend to the cap every year, but again, please post where I said “they spend to the cap every year”?

Yep, you’ve been defending him throughout the thread and making predictions of him winning a SB with the Stillers. When’s that going to happen?

Old 02-11-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Tv deals are based on viewership. Folks aren’t going to watch a league filled with lousy teams in which tv money would be much less.

also, jersey sales and all licensed NFL merch are also split evenly across the league.

and teams only keep 60% of gate ticket sales.. the other 40% is lumped together with the other 32 teams and split evenly.

This is what cracks me up, people have no idea how revenue works in the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies