Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 12:33 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Are the 70% there because of a racial diversity quota, or because of talent?

Choose one - and make the same requirement for coaching.
once again, there is no difference in talent regarding Black and white head coaches.

the only difference is the amount of chances given to Black coaches is limited due to owners choosing white coaches..

the reality is most coaches will fail so its not like white coaches have shown they are better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 01:24 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why was Flores fired? I thought he did a good job with the Dolphins. They swept a the Patriots and I watched them beat the Saints. Those players played hard for him.
Flores was fired because he was 24-25 in three seasons and the team took a step backwards this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Why don't you White guys start producing kids who can beat out these Black kids?

Why doesn't that philosophy play out every place? Why don't Black guys start producing kids who can beat out those Asian kids for spots at Berkeley, Harvard, et al?

Quote:
I love how righties can't understand the difference between coaching and playing relative to the skills required for either task. Coaching requires zero physical talent other than the ability to stand there, yell at officials and players and blow a whistle in practice.

I love how Lefties can't understand what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL.

Quote:
There are a lot more people who can do that than who can actually play sports at an elite level. Yet righties keep equivocating coaching and playing.
Coaching is incredibly hard and complicated. It is MUCH harder than blocking, tackling and catching a ball.

But all that is besides the point. Why should skills count when selecting NFL players and not count when selecting college admissions, SCOTUS justices, medical school admits, the next sergeant in a police department, a corporate board member and so on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Okay if they want equity then we need to be equitable in ALL positions regardless of the skill set required. Blacks make up about 15% of the population. So first the NFL will fire 4 White Head Coaches and replace them with Black Head Coaches. That will give them about a 15% representation. But we then also need to be equitable with the players. So the new limit on each NFL team will be to allow only 8 Black Players per team(15%). Any black person above that number must be fired and replaced with a person of another ethnicity to keep the equitable balance. Yea they would go for this...right?
Perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
70% of players might be black, but that does not automatically equate to the idea that 70% of NFL coaches should be black. For one thing there’s not a pool of college coaches to pick from that could equal that number. So where are they going to come from? If you start applying this logic you’re gonna have to apply it in all areas. You’ll need so many Hispanic, Asian etc players on the field. I mean come on!
No one wants to hear logic that if quotas are going to apply in one area, they need to apply to all areas.

And no one has even asked, how many African American men want to be coaches on any level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
They tried this in the 1940’s and 50’s. No one wants to watch a bunch of white dudes play subpar football.
No one want a subpar doctor, a subpar engineer designing bridges, a subpar SCOTUS justice, a subpar anything that is caused by diversity quotas.

The Asians who are refused admission to Harvard are not being turned away to admit more qualified African American candidates, but subpar ones.

Quote:
every study has shown white and Black head football coaches perform at the same level. The same can’t be said for athletes in the he same sport.
Every study? It sounds like there are a lot of them. Can you quote and link one?

Old 02-09-2022, 02:16 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
of course its mostly white coaches.. there have only been 15 Black head coaches in the history of the game.

what is insulting is your narrow views

How am I insulting you? please tell me precisely how your feelings got insulted? Flores got fired and I agree with his firing and backed it up with NFL record and expectations and organization facts and compared it with other firing of white coaches. How am I hurting your feelings

Is not like Brian Flores is going on food stamps or unemployment. He got paid 9 Million dollars plus millions more to break his contract to never make the playoffs and end up #3 in the division. You feel sorry for him?

Old 02-09-2022, 02:38 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
once again, there is no difference in talent regarding Black and white head coaches.
And you know this how? Why are non-athletic job skills assumed to be the same for every single person? If there are talent differences between white coaches, or between black coaches, and there are...why wouldn't there be a talent difference between a white and black coach? Are they not individuals with different personalities, education, insights, ambition, etc? I guarantee that without looking too hard, we can easily find examples of certain black coaches with superior skills and resumes than certain white coaches, and vice versa.
Quote:
the only difference is the amount of chances given to Black coaches is limited due to owners choosing white coaches..
But it isn't due to simply choosing white coaches. Look at the pool coming from the traditional pipeline that starts at graduate school and the Div IA grad assistant position. That is where relationships are built and the pipeline begins. The pool of black coaches that start at that traditional jumping off point is very small. The resulting pool of black coordinators or head coaches in Div IA is subsequently even smaller. And that pool just keep shrinking.
Quote:
the reality is most coaches will fail so its not like white coaches have shown they are better.
But you aren't betting your $billions like NFL owners are. A 2-3 year experiment that ends with a 20% drop in season ticket sales, 30% drop in merchandise sales, and half as many national TV appearances...that is a major loss of coin. So you want a winner, and you evaluate your hire on what you think can get and keep your franchise winning. Not on how happy it makes the race hucksters at ESPN feel, because it isn't their money either. If you can get both a winner and the ESPN stamp of Racial Justice Approval, then awesome, and I guarantee every single owner in the NFL wants to find Black Lombardi, but outside of Dungy and maybe Tomlin, that seems to be quite the struggle. If it weren't, the entire league would be black head coaches, just to shut Stephen A Smith up for a minute.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:40 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Aren't 75% of the players black?

How is there "not enough diversity" in the NFL?
There aren't enough Chinese players.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:44 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
And uhm, on the subject of racial injustice and all that, something Clay Travis said last week bears repeating (and I am paraphrasing):

The NFL has created more black millionaires than any other business/company in the history of civilization.

If that is racial injustice, then I'd think every black person in America would like to sign up for it. Hell, I am so white I glow in the dark, and I'd love some of the injustice black people in the NFL get. Be a huge pay raise for me.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:45 PM

1,014 posts, read 480,079 times
I don't think it matters. Black coaches and white coaches. Mike Singletary was an NFL coach after playing in the NFL for the Chicago Bears. The NFL has done a good job I think hiring more white coaches than black coaches. Jim Harbaugh left the NFL to coach college instead. Jerry Jones involving himself in the NFL, even though the others around him are mixed. Black and white coaches at Dallas Cowboys. Deion Sanders is a black coach at college, Jacksonville State college football team. So is it slavery or like the guy the one lone black coach, puts it, racism? I think he is feeling it. But I think the NFL certainly plays fair when choosing who's good at it, and who is not. They're fair I think.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:51 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And uhm, on the subject of racial injustice and all that, something Clay Travis said last week bears repeating (and I am paraphrasing):

The NFL has created more black millionaires than any other business/company in the history of civilization.

If that is racial injustice, then I'd think every black person in America would like to sign up for it. Hell, I am so white I glow in the dark, and I'd love some of the injustice black people in the NFL get. Be a huge pay raise for me.

LOL. Some people aren't going to like reading this. Does it takes more than to be a head coach of the NFL, like having other skills and be a psychologist, priest and a nanny and keeping the locker room together and have a good relation with the owner? Some people think that all it takes it's being black or having played the game or being an assisting coach for years.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Flores was fired because he was 24-25 in three seasons and the team took a step backwards this year.

Why doesn't that philosophy play out every place? Why don't Black guys start producing kids who can beat out those Asian kids for spots at Berkeley, Harvard, et al?

I love how Lefties can't understand what it takes to be a head coach in the NFL.

Coaching is incredibly hard and complicated. It is MUCH harder than blocking, tackling and catching a ball.

But all that is besides the point. Why should skills count when selecting NFL players and not count when selecting college admissions, SCOTUS justices, medical school admits, the next sergeant in a police department, a corporate board member and so on?

Perfect.

No one wants to hear logic that if quotas are going to apply in one area, they need to apply to all areas.

And no one has even asked, how many African American men want to be coaches on any level?

No one want a subpar doctor, a subpar engineer designing bridges, a subpar SCOTUS justice, a subpar anything that is caused by diversity quotas.

The Asians who are refused admission to Harvard are not being turned away to admit more qualified African American candidates, but subpar ones.

Every study? It sounds like there are a lot of them. Can you quote and link one?

I could but the last time I did it fell on deaf ears. Usually when people ask for links its just to dismiss them.

Google ASU NFL coaching report and you will find it.

and why would anyone question these results. Tomlin and Dungy have won SB’s.

I’m pretty sure the percentage of Black coaches who won SB’s is much higher than the percentage of white head coaches. Especially when you have Billicheck winning 5 or 6 of them all by himself.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
How am I insulting you? please tell me precisely how your feelings got insulted? Flores got fired and I agree with his firing and backed it up with NFL record and expectations and organization facts and compared it with other firing of white coaches. How am I hurting your feelings

Is not like Brian Flores is going on food stamps or unemployment. He got paid 9 Million dollars plus millions more to break his contract to never make the playoffs and end up #3 in the division. You feel sorry for him?
I didn’t say anything about feelings. I’m talking common sense and basic math. Of course more white head coaches won SB’s. They had a ridiculous head start and like 98% of head coaches have been white since the Super Bowl era was created.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies