Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 03:10 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times

Advertisements

Suddenly, all these Dem Governors be like... I'M RON DESANTIS! NO, I'M RON DESANTIS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 03:49 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Cases way down, hospital admissions way down, positivity rates down.... governors following the SCIENCE.
That's the way it should be.
Not paying attention to a bunch of idiots in trucks blocking the U.S. - Canada border.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Right you are. For instance, 2,230 new cases today in Oklahoma. Last several Fridays: 4,027, 8,655, 13,939.

It's a good thing cases are going down, since my local hospital reported Wednesday that 63.1% of its 19 covid patients were not vaccinated, likely its lowest figure ever. It's good its covid testing positivity rate has dropped to 30% after being up to 48%.
Amazing, that the two of you would continue to focus of the most easily manipulated metric of all (cases). Without information that talks about the increase or decrease in testing, and the accuracy of testing, using cases has been a waste of time for quite some time.

And then Stillwater continues to chirp out his disingenuous talking point of the percentage of unvaccinated people in the hospital. Nevermind the fact that the number is statistically insignificant. Why is it he never talks about the massive number of people that get infected with Covid and never go to the hospital? And of course we all know the answer... It simply doesn't fit his narrative.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:03 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,236,065 times
Think about the irony here.

Mask mandates expire and people can go about their public lives as they used to - as they should.

But the Covidians now have to face the awkwardness of going out in public all masked up cuz they still live in irrational fear.

And now the finger pointing, sneers, and snorts of derision will go the other way.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:08 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,801 times
Not King Inslee of WA

Old 02-11-2022, 10:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Amazing, that the two of you would continue to focus of the most easily manipulated metric of all (cases). Without information that talks about the increase or decrease in testing, and the accuracy of testing, using cases has been a waste of time for quite some time.

And then Stillwater continues to chirp out his disingenuous talking point of the percentage of unvaccinated people in the hospital. Nevermind the fact that the number is statistically insignificant. Why is it he never talks about the massive number of people that get infected with Covid and never go to the hospital? And of course we all know the answer... It simply doesn't fit his narrative.
You still can't run from the fact that covid cases are going well down across much of the country. I'd rather trust statistical info that comes from hospitals than from the media. Why talk about the massive number of people who get infected with Covid and never go to the hospital? Because that is very good and no more relevant than number of people who get the common cold. However, the percentage of covid patients unvaccinated in the hospital is really significant as an indicator of how effective covid vaccines have been. Otherwise, why should hospitals be concerned about reporting them?

Maybe you're not, but I'm very happy with greatly declining covid cases. I'm further happy my local hospital recently reported its number of covid tests for covid has declined to 30% from 48%. I'll further know that things are trending in the right direction when the wait staff at my favorite restaurant is finally no longer required by management to wear masks.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Think about the irony here.

Mask mandates expire and people can go about their public lives as they used to - as they should.

But the Covidians now have to face the awkwardness of going out in public all masked up cuz they still live in irrational fear.

And now the finger pointing, sneers, and snorts of derision will go the other way.
I have nothing against people still wanting to wear masks in public even though they don't have do. Maybe they get sick easily and have happily discovered they don't get sick of anything since wearing masks.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:28 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Biden is going to come out at his state of the unions announcing new spending and handouts while stating he conquered both covid and inflation.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:37 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You still can't run from the fact that covid cases are going well down across much of the country. I'd rather trust statistical info that comes from hospitals than from the media. Why talk about the massive number of people who get infected with Covid and never go to the hospital? Because that is very good and no more relevant than number of people who get the common cold. However, the percentage of covid patients unvaccinated in the hospital is really significant as an indicator of how effective covid vaccines have been. Otherwise, why should hospitals be concerned about reporting them?

Maybe you're not, but I'm very happy with greatly declining covid cases. I'm further happy my local hospital recently reported its number of covid tests for covid has declined to 30% from 48%. I'll further know that things are trending in the right direction when the wait staff at my favorite restaurant is finally no longer required by management to wear masks.
Run from it? What are you talking about? I'm addressing that and your other hyperbolic claim head on.

Again, you're using information that has little relevance without testing info and one that is the most easily manipulated by referencing cases. And with over 330 million people in the country and only one bed for every 10,000 related to Covid patients in the ICU, you couldn't use an example that could be more statistically insignificant than what you're using with your nonsense about percentage of unvaccinated. And yet you persist in thinking your making a relevant point...but you're not.

P.S. And you actually made my case for me with your own admission on testing. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Old 02-11-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Run from it? What are you talking about? I'm addressing that and your other hyperbolic claim head on.

Again, you're using information that has little relevance without testing info. And with over 330 million people in the country and only one bed for every 10,000 related to Covid patients in the ICU, you couldn't use an example that could be more statistically insignificant that what you're using with your nonsense about percentage of unvaccinated. And yet you persist in thinking your making a relevant point...but you're not.
Heck, for all you know the statistics from my local hospital speaks for hundreds of hospitals throughout the country. If you're right, then show statistics from a USA hospital that shows that over 50% of the covid patients there are VACCINATED!

Old 02-11-2022, 11:14 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Suddenly, all these Dem Governors be like... I'M RON DESANTIS! NO, I'M RON DESANTIS!
And Americans be like....YOU'RE ALL FIRED. That is, if they had a half a dozen brain cells to rub together.

And if people are smart, they would be calling for a total and complete ban on emergency powers at all levels of government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies