Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 05:12 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Heck, for all you know the statistics from my local hospital speaks for hundreds of hospitals throughout the country. If you're right, then show statistics from a USA hospital that shows that over 50% of the covid patients there are VACCINATED!

You clearly can't even comprehend my rebuttal.

This is what happens when people like you just constantly regurgitate "talking points" spoon fed to you from the media and never take the time to use critical thinking skills and drill down on the information.

As stated, by your own admission you claimed that testing went down...

"I'm further happy my local hospital recently reported its number of covid tests for covid has declined to 30% from 48%"

And yet you can't even understand that if you test less, theoretically the number of cases would indeed go down (Jesus dude....this isn't rocket science). I remember Nate Silver making this same comment about the disingenuous argument you are making (a point I made to people part way through the pandemic)...

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...04881347510272

This comment is you in a nutshell

Not providing context on the increase in testing is such a basic error, and has been so widespread, that it's revealing about the media's goals. It's more interested in telling plausibly-true stories ("narratives") that sound smart to its audience than in accuracy/truth per se.

And here's some more info that can help educate you

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-meaningless/

And then you continue with your focus on a percentage on a statistically insignificant number of people. The number could be 100%, but if that 100% equals 1/100th of 1%, it's really not all that relevant. And yet you go on and ignore the NUMBER of people (vaccinated or unvaccinated) that never end up in the ICU.

You are simply not equipped to have a rational conversation on this topic because you never took the time to understand what you were actually saying every time you parroted your talking point.

When you can come back with a rational conversation, feel free. In the meantime, you are wasting my time and everyone else's with your nonsense (and ignoring, not comprehending, or just acting obtuse to what's being said is not a viable debate strategy).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies