Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 11:02 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,217,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have asked repeatedly for you and others (with absolutely no coherent response) to tell me why, with Trump currently facing 19 investigations in two states and D.C. and news stories breaking every day with updates, you think none of the investigations have any merit and all of them are politically motivated, and it would be impossible for him to do any wrong. I have never attacked you personally that I am aware of, and if I did, I apologize. That isn't the way I do business.

That's not defending him, that's cult worship.

It's almost like you are afraid to commit to any position at all, and believe what you believe because you believe it and to admit there are any cracks in it would make you have to rethink the entire proposition. It's going to be rough on you guys when the first indictments fall, because you'll have to invent a new excuse.
You've been answered in this thread and many other threads (directly or indirectly)....because you don't like the answer is not our problem. As for 19 investigations, everyone should be thrown out just a the basis of this: "INCOMING NEW YORK A.G. VOWS TO MAKE TRUMP’S LIFE A LIVING HELL"

Updates coming daily from the trump hating msm is hilarious....

Also, if she has all this evidence, then it should be a slam dunk, yes? She's been investigation him since late 2018 or early 2019....(yes I know a sitting president cannot be indicted) so she has had 3 years to make his life a living hell and the last 13 months he has NOT been president...seems more like she is feeding meat to her followers, which includes you. Also seems like she is following nadlers own advice and stating ample evidence in plain view...and we know how that turned out.

Quote:
"There is ample evidence, overwhelming evidence. Any jury would convict in three minutes flat that the president betrayed his country by breaking the law."
Sooo..she should have no problem, yes?

Now, let me guess, you're going to say she is taking her time, making sure all the "t's" are crossed and all the "i's" dotted.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 11:03 AM

46,374 posts, read 27,217,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep. But the gorilla in the room is that the firm did not say why they are doing it. For all anyone knows the firm was pressured, much like with Flynn, into doing it.
Pretty much...

Old 02-18-2022, 11:11 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,627,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think it is way too late for that. And this is way more fun. Being total snarks from the safety of our own home and getting our snarkiness out to at least part of the masses.

But the best part of this to me is the fact that true believers of any stripe look like idiots as often as they do like they are on the mark. And they are fair game when when they look like idiots.

I am eagerly awaiting for Trump to claim the 5th a gazillion times in order to demonstrate this principle to a few righties on this thread.
It's too bad that no journalist has (or at least I haven't heard about it if it has happened) asked DJT about his son Eric's guilt (Eric recently took the 5th a number of times) .

Old 02-18-2022, 11:11 AM

37,282 posts, read 19,287,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol.
If there was proof you’d “get him”.

Sure you are. It’s why you try to downplay his successes.

What proof do you have that he doesn’t?
See post #590 and google it for yourself. As I said, I am not your research assistant.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:14 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,627,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As I post this there are 7 threads on the front page that are associated with trump...

So, yea...pathetic....for the anti-trumpers....
Why do you support Trump ?

Old 02-18-2022, 11:16 AM

23,950 posts, read 12,763,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have asked repeatedly for you and others (with absolutely no coherent response) to tell me why, with Trump currently facing 19 investigations in two states and D.C. and news stories breaking every day with updates, you think none of the investigations have any merit and all of them are politically motivated, and it would be impossible for him to do any wrong.
I never said it was impossible for him to do any wrong. But after watching years of the "Get Trump by any means necessary" mentality, I and many others are simply waiting for those on the left to prove the guilt and so far they have utterly failed to do so .... even with Trump not being protected, like another is.

Quote:
I have never attacked you personally that I am aware of, and if I did, I apologize. That isn't the way I do business.

That's not defending him, that's cult worship.
I think I'll let this^ speak for itself.
Quote:
It's almost like you are afraid to commit to any position at all, and believe what you believe because you believe it and to admit there are any cracks in it would make you have to rethink the entire proposition. It's going to be rough on you guys when the first indictments fall, because you'll have to invent a new excuse.
Merely waiting on proof. As I'd stated from the beginning, if he'd actually done wrong then charge him and let the chips fall where they may....as long as the charges are based on truth, unlike the dossier was.

Meanwhile, your deflection from what I'd said is noted.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:21 AM

23,950 posts, read 12,763,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
It's all in the Mazars letter, for God's sake. And additionally mentioned in the Judge's written statement, yesterday, regarding his decision to order testimony and the documents from Trump Org and the Trump trio of Individual #1, Individual #1 Junior and the Princess.

Folks tethered to facts and rooted in reality have read all about it from legitimate news sources, and the actual documents ( the accounting firm's letter and the judge's written ruling) the journalists provided, and so could you, if you wanted to.
Feel free to post from that letter where they stated exactly why they did it. It's not there. People need to stop relying on news sources to tell them what to think. I realize Mika B. said it was "their job to tell you how to think", but you shouldn't take her so literally.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
You've been answered in this thread and many other threads (directly or indirectly)....because you don't like the answer is not our problem. As for 19 investigations, everyone should be thrown out just a the basis of this: "INCOMING NEW YORK A.G. VOWS TO MAKE TRUMP’S LIFE A LIVING HELL"

Also, if she has all this evidence, then it should be a slam dunk, yes? She's been investigation him since late 2018 or early 2019....(yes I know a sitting president cannot be indicted) so she has had 3 years to make his life a living hell and the last 13 months he has NOT been president...seems more like she is feeding meat to her followers, which includes you. Also seems like she is following nadlers own advice and stating ample evidence in plain view...and we know how that turned out.

Now, let me guess, you're going to say she is taking her time, making sure all the "t's" are crossed and all the "i's" dotted.....
She has multiple crimes under investigation - Tax fraud, bank fraud, and insurance fraud, for openers. She will have all of the bases covered before she issues any indictments. She claimed in her court filing ( I think on January 18) that she has evidence of potential fraud that needs to be explained by the principals under investigation. They tried to block sitting for a deposition, but the judge ruled that they must comply within 21 days. They will probably appeal, but that will go nowhere, and is at best a delaying tactic.

If they testify and answer the questions, they may be facing indictment. If they lie, they will be facing perjury charges. If they all go in and take the Fifth across the board like Eric did, they will be subject to adverse inference, which is legitimate in a civil case. That means they will be de facto guilty because they refused to cooperate with the investigation or defend themselves against the charges.

Their choice.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep. But the gorilla in the room is that the firm did not say why they are doing it. For all anyone knows the firm was pressured, much like with Flynn, into doing it.
If everything was legitimate, why would they be subject to being pressured into anything? My guess is that Tish James met with Mazars and showed them what she had, and asked them to explain it. They immediately knew the *** was up and voluntarily cooperated with her starting immediately, and sent Trump a Dear John letter.

That's not being pressured. They had a choice of what their course of action would be and chose to remain in business rather than follow Trump down.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:

Where do you go for updates on the stories, out of curiosity? Are any of your favorite media sources even reporting any of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies