Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 09:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

People don't need to come out in any significant way, just live your damn lives. Polls don't mean anything, you should know this by now. Most peopel are straight, it's how nature works, but I don't want to have to think about it all. Anyone can be anything lawful as long as they don't become a walking billboard for whatever it is becasue then they are just narcissistic anmnoying idiots. I can't take some people seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 09:38 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think we are obsessed with sex.
We rarely agree, but we agree here. And as with any obsession, it tends to promote a waste of life and time. It stifles folks who may have been very productive people. If one is going to go through life with an obsession, why not make it something useful? Obsess with devising a lunchbox-sized eternal power supply or something. A car that gets 500 miles to the gallon. An anti-gravity device. Wormhole interstellar travel. Etc. As it is, an obsession with sex is really no different than being a drug addict. Again... a waste of life.

As far as someone "coming out"... I'd assume I am like most people: I really don't care who or what you want to go to bed with. Do your thing and knock the grandstanding "look at me" thing off. Nobody cares except people with similar inclinations. Don't believe me? What if I told you I like to have sex with tree stumps? Would you care? No you wouldn't. It's not something you care to know, is it? So why do you think I care about your sex life?

Old 02-17-2022, 09:44 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Why does anyone care about someone else's life. Does it affect you personally? No it doesn't. Homosexuality is nothing new, it's been around forever. Caligula is a prime example.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:55 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why does anyone care about someone else's life. Does it affect you personally? No it doesn't. Homosexuality is nothing new, it's been around forever. Caligula is a prime example.
Tell that to social media and the public school system. When I have to deal with them teaching my kids this garbage, ya, it affects me. Call me king. I get to announce my pronouns and labels right?

Old 02-17-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Tell that to social media and the public school system. When I have to deal with them teaching my kids this garbage, ya, it affects me. Call me king. I get to announce my pronouns and labels right?
Not garbage, this is just life. We are all not the same and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:01 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Not garbage, this is just life. We are all not the same and there is nothing wrong with that.
And the best medicine is and always well be, shut up. No one cares if you are gay or bi or LGBTLMNOP. Quit trying to make it a headline. Teach our kids basics to survive in the world. Not whether they should have a sex change based on their feelers. They can do that on their own time.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:03 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If your kids aren't gay, teaching them whatever isn't going to make them gay.

On the other hand, if your kids are gay, then not teaching them about homosexuality isn't going to prevent them from being gay.

As I've pointed out in this thread, homosexuality is a naturally-occurring phenomenon. It's like complaining that teaching kids about blind people is going to make them become blind. No I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. Teaching kids about gay people isn't going to make anybody's kids decide to become gay any more than teaching kids about blind people is going to make them decide to become blind.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:03 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Why does anyone care about someone else's life. Does it affect you personally? No it doesn't.
I don't care.

But it DOES affect me when it is paraded around like it's some spectacular ten pound golden moon rock or something. It's being made into a spectacle. If it were not being made a spectacle, THEN it wouldn't affect me personally. I rarely, if ever, hear about polygamists. I know they are around me (especially in my area). I don't care what they do. I don't care about them at all. But I would be just as nauseated by them as I am with the lgbq thing if they insisted on getting my attention every five minutes.

How would you like it if every time you bring up the internet or turn the TV or radio on all you heard about was the goings on of the Catholic church? Something you couldn't care less about but you are force fed it every day. It gets very tiresome.

A few months ago, I bought a Norwegian grammar book. I get a few pages in and the stupid book starts going on about gays and trying to put it in context of a grammar lesson. The book went in the garbage. I don't pick up a grammar book to read about lgbq nonsense.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:04 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,156,991 times
I wonder if a girl kisses another one a few times and likes it in a general sense, would answer affirmatively to being gay.

I think that poll is grossly inflated. Btw, gay people are factored in to human evolution and somehow encourage procreation from non-gay folks. There’s been studies on this.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't care.

But it DOES affect me when it is paraded around like it's some spectacular ten pound golden moon rock or something. It's being made into a spectacle. If it were not being made a spectacle, THEN it wouldn't affect me personally. I rarely, if ever, hear about polygamists. I know they are around me (especially in my area). I don't care what they do. I don't care about them at all. But I would be just as nauseated by them as I am with the lgbq thing if they insisted on getting my attention every five minutes.

How would you like it if every time you bring up the internet or turn the TV or radio on all you heard about was the goings on of the Catholic church? Something you couldn't care less about but you are force fed it every day. It gets very tiresome.

A few months ago, I bought a Norwegian grammar book. I get a few pages in and the stupid book starts going on about gays and trying to put it in context of a grammar lesson. The book went in the garbage. I don't pick up a grammar book to read about lgbq nonsense.
Let it go. It has no impact on your life. You are making it a big deal for no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies