Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 10:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And the best medicine is and always well be, shut up. No one cares if you are gay or bi or LGBTLMNOP. Quit trying to make it a headline. Teach our kids basics to survive in the world. Not whether they should have a sex change based on their feelers. They can do that on their own time.
Bingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 10:25 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If your kids aren't gay, teaching them whatever isn't going to make them gay.

On the other hand, if your kids are gay, then not teaching them about homosexuality isn't going to prevent them from being gay.

As I've pointed out in this thread, homosexuality is a naturally-occurring phenomenon. It's like complaining that teaching kids about blind people is going to make them become blind. No I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way. Teaching kids about gay people isn't going to make anybody's kids decide to become gay any more than teaching kids about blind people is going to make them decide to become blind.
If you are a decent open minded parent it's already covered at home. My kids have gay friends. I have gay friends. We have gay neighbors. This is not headline material. It doesn't need to replace math class.

Call me king. Guy has it right https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/sc...iranian-father

Old 02-18-2022, 01:58 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People don't need to come out in any significant way, just live your damn lives. Polls don't mean anything, you should know this by now. Most peopel are straight, it's how nature works, but I don't want to have to think about it all. Anyone can be anything lawful as long as they don't become a walking billboard for whatever it is becasue then they are just narcissistic annoying idiots. I can't take some people seriously.
That there is no need to come out gay in any significant way is quite true, until you decide to marry someone of the same sex. Then it would look silly and foolish to try to hide the marriage. That's why there aren't more same sex marriages. The forced coming out part would be too difficult for some gays, along with close relatives not being able to accept it, and so it explains why some gay couples have to break up.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 02-18-2022 at 02:27 AM..

Old 02-18-2022, 02:11 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't care.

But it DOES affect me when it is paraded around like it's some spectacular ten pound golden moon rock or something. It's being made into a spectacle. If it were not being made a spectacle, THEN it wouldn't affect me personally. I rarely, if ever, hear about polygamists. I know they are around me (especially in my area). I don't care what they do. I don't care about them at all. But I would be just as nauseated by them as I am with the lgbq thing if they insisted on getting my attention every five minutes.

How would you like it if every time you bring up the internet or turn the TV or radio on all you heard about was the goings on of the Catholic church? Something you couldn't care less about but you are force fed it every day. It gets very tiresome.

A few months ago, I bought a Norwegian grammar book. I get a few pages in and the stupid book starts going on about gays and trying to put it in context of a grammar lesson. The book went in the garbage. I don't pick up a grammar book to read about lgbq nonsense.
If you're talking about a gay pride parade, then simply make yourself scarce from them. Some people actually enjoy them as entertainment.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:18 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I identify as a tall, thin millionaire hunk. I don't get why super models are not falling at my feet.
I'm a rich oil Arab from royalty, any day now I'll get my palace.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:01 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
I hope the people part of the LGTWTFBBQ+ crowd get the mental help they need.

I identify as a unicorn from Pluto.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:44 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
How do they define the Q part? It's a pretty broad, nebulous category.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:50 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Saying you're LGBQTLMNOP has become a fashion statement, and one that comes with all sorts of “equality benefits”.

In other words, its a scam.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:09 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you're talking about a gay pride parade, then simply make yourself scarce from them. Some people actually enjoy them as entertainment.
Get it out of the schools.

Adults are adults. They can do what they want.

Children shouldn't be indoctrinated. You can see the upwards trend in self identification. The indoctrination is working.

I guarantee it'll rise in next years poll. I'm guessing 35%.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:16 AM

24,641 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And the best medicine is and always well be, shut up. No one cares if you are gay or bi or LGBTLMNOP. Quit trying to make it a headline. Teach our kids basics to survive in the world. Not whether they should have a sex change based on their feelers. They can do that on their own time.
Nailed it. Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies