Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 07:29 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
And liberals say that America has "moved to the right" since 1980.

They are that insane.
The leftist media and practically communists perceive anything not in line with their radical agenda as moving right. So if the (R's) fight against going hard left, they think the (R's) are going hard right.

In reality it is the (D) party that has gone hard left since the 1990's. All one needs to do is look at the DNC platform every 4 years since then, and you will see a steady push toward the left. Another way is to listen to the speeches of prominent (D) leaders (Pelosi/Schumer/Hillary/Biden etc.) saying just the opposite today from what they were saying 20 years ago. That is true of homo marriage, illegal aliens/border control, crime/punishment, religion, patriotism, energy, expansion of abortion, welfare, etc., etc., etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
OK?

That means 92.9% of US adults, a rather significant majority, DOES NOT identify as LGBTQexpialadocious.
Indeed

Then again when you include every possible variant under the sun in the ever growing acronym, their numbers might be slightly increasing.
The longest one I have seen to date is LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP2+ which is of course

That said, the media and those promoting their agenda (which is in opposition to the traditional hetero norms), and have always claimed much higher numbers than what is reality. I remember when I was in school, social studies teachers tried to say 10% of the population was homo.
This despite most surveys/polls saying they made up about 2-3% of the population. The same is true of trans people, which by surveys only showed them at 0.7%
Yet, the leftists want our entire society to be turned upside down for a tiny segment of the population, which includes using false language to describe biological men with female pronouns, and letting them be naked in girls showers and competing against them in sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 07:36 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Considering being straight is/was a societal norm, I can certainly understand why you didn't feel the need to stand up and identify as straight - the same wasn't always true for gay people. Aside from that, I agree that most people nowadays (and at least in my adult-life) have been accepting of people regardless of their sexual orientation. Today's Left manufactures false premises in order to push its ideology.

My wife and I have friends that are gay and who cares? They are just people that happen to be gay.

You are so correct that today's Left manufactures false premises to push their agenda. They create a perceived problem so they can swoop in and fix it. The only thing is they tend to break things that are working, spend piles of money trying to "fix it" and then walk away leaving us with a mess.

The Left reignited the Race war and now everything is racist and minorities think they are being oppressed under the jack boot of white supremacy.

The Left is odd.
If you are a minority you are a victim.

If you are gay you are a victim.

The odd part is if you are an actual victim of a crime the criminal is the victim and you are an anecdote.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:53 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
BOSTOCK v. CLAYTON COUNTY was just 2 years ago and a big deal. After which, finally, someone cannot be fired simply for being LGBT. Now even very conservative employers(defense contractors, finance, etc) are welcoming. Cutting the fear of losing your livelihood for just being yourself.
well, it made its way to SCOTUS 2 years ago. But it's not a 2 year old case, its at least 5 and up to 8. Was any decision made over his mishandling of government funds?

Old 02-18-2022, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
In many cases, yes you can.
I sure hope no Federal money went into that study.

And really my point was that "gay" is widely accepted now. Passing strangers on the sidewalk, if all are wearing "gender-conforming clothing", you're not going to know who's gay and who's not. I mean, surely you don't want us looking at someone that may have different "facial features" and concluding "Oh, they must be gay"?

Old 02-18-2022, 07:50 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
number is 20% for Gen Z

New poll finds one in five Gen Z adults identify as LGBTQ
https://www.rebelnews.com/new_poll_f...ntify_as_lgbtq

Old 02-18-2022, 07:53 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Not surprising. I’ll bet the percentage is a bit higher than that.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
How do they define the Q part? It's a pretty broad, nebulous category.
it is anything they want it to be.

More accurately, but lengthy - if you aren't heterosexual (hetero = to the other of 2), but don't consider yourself to fit "neatly" into any of the other categories or desire "fluidity", then you put yourself in the catchall "*****".

Old 02-19-2022, 07:34 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We rarely agree, but we agree here. And as with any obsession, it tends to promote a waste of life and time. It stifles folks who may have been very productive people. If one is going to go through life with an obsession, why not make it something useful? Obsess with devising a lunchbox-sized eternal power supply or something. A car that gets 500 miles to the gallon. An anti-gravity device. Wormhole interstellar travel. Etc. As it is, an obsession with sex is really no different than being a drug addict. Again... a waste of life.

As far as someone "coming out"... I'd assume I am like most people: I really don't care who or what you want to go to bed with. Do your thing and knock the grandstanding "look at me" thing off. Nobody cares except people with similar inclinations. Don't believe me? What if I told you I like to have sex with tree stumps? Would you care? No you wouldn't. It's not something you care to know, is it? So why do you think I care about your sex life?
What they are trying to do is be free. Stop the bullying or the snark remarks etc. Just accept people as they are. There is always overcompensation when you are pushed down. We have a bigger issue with “controlling”. Your Karen’s and some very violent crimes show we try to force people be what we want them to be. We have countless suicides with those feeling like outcasts. Too many young people.
Nowadays it all about taking sides. As R. King asked, why can’t we all just get along?” Why can’t we??

Old 02-19-2022, 08:01 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
So this basically gives credence to the notion that LGBTQ isn't genetic -- if more people are identifying that way, then LGBTQ behavior & sexuality can actually spread among the population in a similar manner to rumors, viruses, or knowledge, etc.

"Born this way" is a myth.

Children are being brainwashed with LGBTQ ideas and are being encouraged to adopt LGBTQ behavior.
Not really. It merely means that before now this admittance had more severe social and economic repercussions. The same is true of mental health issues. The behavior is likely influenced by cultural expectations, but it is still mostly genetic.

Old 02-19-2022, 08:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What they are trying to do is be free. Stop the bullying or the snark remarks etc. Just accept people as they are. There is always overcompensation when you are pushed down. We have a bigger issue with “controlling”. Your Karen’s and some very violent crimes show we try to force people be what we want them to be. We have countless suicides with those feeling like outcasts. Too many young people.
Nowadays it all about taking sides. As R. King asked, why can’t we all just get along?” Why can’t we??
Who is stopping anyone from being gay or living a gay lifestyle???

The schools FULLY support and celebrate and encourage students to be gay, come out as gay, and be a gay ally. Every commercial -- every single one -- includes an LGBTQ person or couple. Every movie has a gay character. Heck, even comic book characters are coming out as gay. Everyone thinks they are gay. As shown by the poll of Gen Z.

However: People who truly believe there is massive large scale discrimination aren't basing that opinion on reality.

If there was massive discrimination going on, do tell: Where is it? Corporations LOVE LGBTQ employees .hey have DIE initiatives. They support the right charities. Movies/tv/etc. LOVE the LGBTQ groups. They include them everywhere.

So where is this horrible and massive and systemic discrimination???

The pushback is NOT against gay people. It's against the full blown, full on court press that if you aren't JUMPING UP AND DOWN in celebration of all LGBTQ lifestyles and supporting LBGTQ causes you are somehow an -ic, -ot, or -ist. Fill in the blanks.

Stop the snark against those who don't give a fig who you sleep with. Just stop the indoctrination. Stop the insults of -ic, -ot, or -ist.

People need to objectively assess reality. They aren't. It's why they misinterpret what they perceive as "backlash."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies