Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 09:41 AM

761 posts, read 448,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
They were out of nothing....AGAIN!!!

I screamed at the checker on the way out, told him he better knock it off, and said I expect the shelves of half the store to be empty the next time I go in. The nerve of some people. They clearly didn't read the news reports.
The difference might have something to do with where the products come from. Products coming in to ports on the east coast are more likely to be delivered in a timely fashion. Maybe....not sure.

I would blame a certain radio talk-show host who says the shelves are empty but doesn't say where the shelves are empty. He should know better.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:43 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Picked up a pork shoulder for .97/lb this week at HT.

Prices starting to come back in line.

Old 02-27-2022, 08:13 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,887,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
FOOD PRICES will continue to go up,stock up on canned and dry goods now-rice,flour,pasta,canned food.
if you notice,plenty of our fresh produce comes from Mexico,Mexico does not have enough refinery altho it does produce oil ,it buys gasoline,jet fuel from us and it buys natural gas from us,you know they wlll be paying more for our gas.
I’d stick with water, it’s probably healthier for more Americans if we do cut back a bit on food for awhile. I certainly wouldn’t be stockpiling it — just causes price increases due to artificial demand. Especially if we need to be combat ready for WWIII, we’d be better off shedding a few pounds to get closer to “fighting weight”

Old 02-27-2022, 09:10 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
In some stores here, we're now back to rations - only 2 per customer.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:13 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I’d stick with water, it’s probably healthier for more Americans if we do cut back a bit on food for awhile. I certainly wouldn’t be stockpiling it — just causes price increases due to artificial demand. Especially if we need to be combat ready for WWIII, we’d be better off shedding a few pounds to get closer to “fighting weight”
Thing is people just by cheaper food. The ones higher in sugars and starches. I dont think the problem is so much the amount of food we eat but what food we eat.

I've got a stockpile of canned food and a full freezer because I garden and can. For the past 2 years and still canning lids have been very scarce. Thats what I will stockpile when and if I find them.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:17 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In some stores here, we're now back to rations - only 2 per customer.
Which store might that be?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:24 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Here at the three big grocers-Giant, Safeway and Harris Teeter-packages of chicken were limited to two per customer a couple weeks ago. Now, that was Super Bowl weekend so that might have been why.

I'm still seeing a limited number of people where I do most of the grocery shopping (Giant) trundling carts full of one particular item. A couple months ago it was pudding. Sometimes it's still toilet paper/paper towels. A few times it's been laundry detergent, flour or sugar, steak or hamburger (including packages and what comes in roll as well as frozen).

Old 02-28-2022, 08:27 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Here at the three big grocers-Giant, Safeway and Harris Teeter-packages of chicken were limited to two per customer a couple weeks ago. Now, that was Super Bowl weekend so that might have been why.

I'm still seeing a limited number of people where I do most of the grocery shopping (Giant) trundling carts full of one particular item. A couple months ago it was pudding. Sometimes it's still toilet paper/paper towels. A few times it's been laundry detergent, flour or sugar, steak or hamburger (including packages and what comes in roll as well as frozen).
I wonder if those people are shopping the sales for some kind of institutional place... a small assisted living place, a senior center who serves lunch every day, etc.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:30 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

I went into Food Lion that night after working to get my pets some food. (Except for the cat on a prescription diet, I feed my pets raw.)

The signs were not there SB weekend.

This particular FL is the store I use 99% of the time, and I go there every other day when I'm done working, always looking for meat with the "manager's special" sticker to keep the pets' food price as low as possible.

Those signs showed up that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I wonder if those people are shopping the sales for some kind of institutional place... a small assisted living place, a senior center who serves lunch every day, etc.
You could be right. I've had a couple of shops I've done for the same business address. Each time, their order was 10 specific OJs. My curiosity couldn't take it anymore, and I was informed that the tiny "office" sells the goods on the internet. I'm assuming they're legit considering a police station is right across the street.

Seems to me they could get their OJ way cheaper than Target, but that's not my business.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 03-01-2022 at 07:38 AM..

Old 03-01-2022, 07:44 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriTAUcal View Post
At least the store was opened! Look what happened to Family Dollar stores.
Well, that was due to rats. Likely, imported along with the rest of the Chinese-made junk they sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies